APOD Firearms

Alright! SB 299 passed the house & senate. We are getting "imprinting" in Texas!!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BJG

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Plano, TX
    Printing is NOT illegal, having your handgun openly discernible is. They are not the same thing. You can print without the gun being openly discernible.

But Driller said that a gun outline was ok. Now you say it's not?

See how confusing this can be?
    Capitol Armory ad

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Alright! SB 299 passed the house & senate. We are getting "imprinting" in Texas

I did not say that. Read again.

BJG

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Plano, TX
    Our arguments are all very subjective and untested. As I've stated previously, I would err on the side of caution instead of pushing the envelope to see just how much my handgun can bulge through my clothing before it gets me in trouble. Some persons here have made statements to the effect that there is no limit, as long as the handgun is covered by clothing. I disagree. Everyone has a different opinion in this discussion, but the only one that really matters is the police officer that you may encounter and the courts, if it would go that far. I'm not willing to test it.

BJG

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Plano, TX
    I've had my gun in plain view (accidentally, of course) and nobody cared.

Either nobody noticed, aren't familiar with CHL laws, or thought you were a police officer. If a uniformed police officer noticed your handgun without a badge on display as well, he likely would have stopped and questioned you.

alexrex20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    That's purely speculation. I rode around on my bike with my 1911 on display for almost an hour. Dozens if not hundreds of people probably saw it. I was not stopped or questioned.

"Nobody cared" is very much a realistic option, in addition to the 3 you listed above.

Just yesterday I went with my cousin to meet a guy at Lowes to trade guns. On the way home, I was "playing" with the handgun in the passenger seat. We were at a light and a truck pulled up next to us and gave me a thumbs up. Like I said, nobody cares.

BJG

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Plano, TX
    That's purely speculation. I rode around on my bike with my 1911 on display for almost an hour. Dozens if not hundreds of people probably saw it. I was not stopped or questioned.

"Nobody cared" is very much a realistic option, in addition to the 3 you listed above.

Just yesterday I went with my cousin to meet a guy at Lowes to trade guns. On the way home, I was "playing" with the handgun in the passenger seat. We were at a light and a truck pulled up next to us and gave me a thumbs up. Like I said, nobody cares.

Hey, well I guess nothing is illegal unless you get caught, right? I'm very much pro-gun and I wish the carry laws were not as restrictive as they are. However, I value my clean record and CHL too much to risk losing it because "nobody cares" if I violate the law. All it takes is one time to get caught and your life and freedoms can change.

alexrex20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    If you're so scared of the law, carry a smaller gun or put it in a fanny pack.

All it takes is one time to get caught and your life and freedoms can change.

I did get caught, and I did not get arrested or charged with a crime. What part of that is confusing to you?

BJG

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Plano, TX
    If you're so scared of the law, carry a smaller gun or put it in a fanny pack.

I did get caught, and I did not get arrested or charged with a crime. What part of that is confusing to you?

Caught by whom? A private citizen in another vehicle who has no powers of arrest for a misdemeanor?

alexrex20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    Caught by whom? A private citizen in another vehicle who has no powers of arrest for a misdemeanor?

http://www.texasguntalk.com/forums/...we-getting-imprinting-texas-5.html#post678788

I got "busted" for printing by a DPS officer at the gun rally at the capital. My friends agreed that I was not obviously printing, but I guess the officer caught me at the right moment, at the wrong angle... Anyway, he asked to see my CHL, I showed it to him, and he told me "Thanks, have a nice day and thank you for coming out to support your rights."

BJG

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Plano, TX
    Ok, you're jumping around on the discussion here. We talked about that a couple of pages ago, and I did not remember your user name.

BJG

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Plano, TX
    Wow. You're obviously just baiting for an argument. If you want to discuss a topic, then define that topic and let's stay on it. If you want to change direction or refer to a previous posting several pages ago, you'll have to make that reference because this entire discussion thread has been going on for quite some time and many others have posted as well.

alexrex20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    My forum settings show 40 posts per page. My post about getting caught was on the last page. I guess it's my fault that my settings are not the same as yours. :rolleyes:

The topic is that you do not understand Texas law. That has been the topic since the first page, regardless of one's forum settings. and now 220 posts later, it is still the same topic. The topic has not changed.

It is not my fault that you can not remember who said what. That is why previous posts remain viewable - so they can be viewed. I never implied that I got caught while open carrying on my bike. You incorrectly inferred that.

checkp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2013
    Sometimes you get to go home if you get pulled over driving drunk. Sometimes you go to jail. I think BJG doesn't want to risk his CHL because "nobody cares". I get that...

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Alright! SB 299 passed the house & senate. We are getting "imprinting" in Texas

Our arguments are all very subjective and untested. As I've stated previously, I would err on the side of caution instead of pushing the envelope to see just how much my handgun can bulge through my clothing before it gets me in trouble. Some persons here have made statements to the effect that there is no limit, as long as the handgun is covered by clothing. I disagree. Everyone has a different opinion in this discussion, but the only one that really matters is the police officer that you may encounter and the courts, if it would go that far. I'm not willing to test it.

Ok, I got some sleep.

BJG, the reason we keep saying printing is not illegal is because there is no law against it. The law is that the gun can't be plainly visible blah blah blah. That means printing is perfectly legal so long as the gun isn't plainly visible. The printing isn't what get you in trouble. You could never be charged with "printing".

Now if you are printing sooo bad that the handgun is plainly visible you might get hit for failure to conceal, but printing in and of itself is not illegal. Just like you might get stopped for driving to fast. Driving is not illegal but you can get a ticket for speeding. Yet we don't ever tell anyone that you could get in trouble for driving.

Top Bottom