• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    Just curious if there would be any benefit to load alternating rounds of 5.56 M855 and M193. This is with the understanding that this is not a hunting rifle.
    Capitol Armory ad

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    Yes, if you want to stack the bodies directly adjacent to the vehicles they rode in on.
    :green:

No benefit really.
    But can you explain it in a court of law "why" you did this?

Do honestly believe, should I end up in a court of law, that would be my most overwhelming concern?

Just rotating out aged ammo....

Food for thought
    Probably should not load the rounds alternating should all point the same direction.

So we chunk out the "One for you... One for me... One for you..."?

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    You aren't going to be paper target shooting for tiny groups. Assume you are thinking of it hits the fan scenario.

I don't see where it would hurt anything.

BeatTheTunaUp

Fux with the best, Die like the rest
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Temple TX
    in my bg 380, I alternate Federal HST and Hornaday critical defense. Mainly to make sure something penetrates depending on the perps clothing thickness.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    The real reason for asking the question I did. I bought 1200 rounds of M855 at Academy for a good price only to later discover those rounds have limited applications and even more limited range opportunities. Sooo... real exercise was find a good use for them!

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    No benefit really.

Food for thought
    It wouldnt be the first time ones choice of ammo was used against him.

Dont frets a nice expensive trial expert giving the right testimony can head that off.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    No benefit really.

Food for thought
    I'm a conservationist. I figgered if I could get them lined up jest right I could get 3-4 in one shot. You know kinna give the bullet 6-8 carbon footprints insted'a jest one!

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    Probably should not load the rounds alternating should all point the same direction.
    When I had collateral duties as a range officer with the U.S. Customs Office Of Investigations, there was a shooter who did exactly that or at least tried. The magazine kept falling out of the gun when she tried to set it in the mag well and while she got it to stay in once, as soon as she jerked the trigger - it fell out. As best I recall it was a Ruger Mini 14 but may have been a CAR-15. I walked over, took the magazine from her and was astounded to see she somehow had gotten the rounds into the mag with one pointing forward and the next rearwards and she had gotten several rounds into the mag like that. When asked why she loaded it that was, she said it was because in the classroom the lead instructor said the rounds were alternated in the mag. She was a nice lady but about as smart as a brick with lips (RIP).

tonelar

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    El Paso
    The real reason for asking the question I did. I bought 1200 rounds of M855 at Academy for a good price only to later discover those rounds have limited applications and even more limited range opportunities. Sooo... real exercise was find a good use for them!

maybe use it for practice or to break in the AR

avoid alternating rounds, to many in LE it‘s done by perps more than joe citizen.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom