Target Sports

Am I missing something my whole life, how are they living?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Anyone here hazard a guess at the weight of the pipe?
    Not me. I have a feeling I could figure it out, eventually, with no more information than you provided. But I know I couldn't figure it out quickly enough to be part of a profitable enterprise.

msharley

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2021
    Central Pennsylvania
    No degree required. Is that all unsupervised apprenrice work or are there journeyman and masters around on that job, too?

Hazard to guess a combination of all…apprentice pay is likely 2.5x what a teller makes, too.
    The Apprenti gain an Associate Degree (at a minimum) through the Apprenticeship Program (more if they want)

Many Members continue their education after becoming Journeymen.

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    Problem is most of those with overpriced schooling have no practical experience and are most likely in a role that doesn’t require much schooling at all. 2/3s of all jobs in American don’t require a bachelor’s degree. Those that actually do…engineering, some medical (MD, RN), and lawyers (JD) come to mind. The others just use a BA as a cut line.
    this is a two part issue.

First, we have a failure of our education system that has convinced everyone that they need “a degree”. This problem is probably compounded when some employers look at resumes and in an attempt to quickly filter through them, sort them by those who do or don’t have a degree, and suddenly we have a new requirement for a college degree for a job that hasn’t ever required one. As Covid lockdowns put the ball back in the hands of the employees, it seems that employers are starting to figure out that this is not the way.

Second, people have to get experience somehow. If someone is wanting someone to have some number of years of experience and unhappy with the quality of people they’re getting then maybe they should consider trying to develop their own employees. Plus, if we are talking about younger people, how much experience should they really be expected to have when they are just starting their career? I’ve worked with some great people who had to ask if a Phillips screwdriver was “the one with the plus sign” when I first met them.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    <>

We have enudured a big sea change in the general economic environment.

I used to hear talk of the ‘’security’’ of having a job; but no more.

<>

Catherine1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    USA
    I'm old, turned 69 this month and I have a question. I live near a small college town, in that town the McDonalds can't keep the dining area open due to the lack of employees. The grocery store can't keep the shelves stocked due to the lack of help, restaurants have closed due to lack of help. My guy at TSC tells me the average youthful employee lasts less than a week because they have to get up early and actually work. Seems everywhere I go, any town/city, it's the same thing stores can't find good help. So did UFO's come and take away a couple million people so we are just short, or are there just so many lazy f'ks now that don't work. Now to the big question, how do these lazy not working workers survive? I've been working since before I could drive and I'm still working, am I the one that's f'ked up?

YOU wrote EXACTLY what my husband, my close friends in and out of Montana and I say ALMOST ALL of the time!

I can't figure it out and the SAME THING went on here and it IS still going on in this college town and ALL around the state in other small and large towns including in REMOTE and RURAL farming/ranching areas.

The shut downs during the SCAMDEMIC aka Plandemic did NOT HELP this nation at all!

Many BUSINESSES FAILED - small ones and OLD FAMILY RUN BUSINESSES CLOSED UP in this town and state and ALL ACROSS THE NATION while the .gov DICTATORS (Rs and Ds.) let the BIG STORES STAY OPEN and the MAIL ORDER ADDICTED PEOPLE kept buying from Amazon or elsewhere.

There was and still IS SO MUCH COVID FRAUD and BS GOING ON when it came to this entire .gov - WEF GREAT RESET that they will never figure it out unless they throw almost ALL OF THEM IN JAIL while they follow the money and connect the dots some MORE!

Meanwhile, MOST of this LACK OF HELP and finding good people to actually WORK and do an honest day of work STARTED with LBJ and his BS ideas BUT the VIRUS CON ARTIST JOB made it way, way worse when it comes to people working.

THROW IN THE OTHER LIES that have come out with Fauci and his ILK who have admitted what they did meaning the ILK saying that it was one big lie and most of them even said that in HEARINGS in the District of Criminals that they MADE UP THINGS as they went along LIKE THE 6 FEET RULE and putting stick on signs to FLOORS so the sheep stayed in their PLACE while more control freaks took over.

On the news, all news coming from ALL SIDES of the political (Left, Right and Middle!) spectrum, AND in business/financial sections even with the ONGOING NOW MASSIVE CURRENT LAY OFFS in some professions due to the economy - the executives of MANY, many companies ALL AROUND THE NATION and even in this state say that they can't FIND WORKERS even for places where all they do is take your money so you can pay a BILL in person. My husband had a long talk with one of them recently while he was paying a BILL in person - they are down to 2 people for ONE STORE because they can't FIND HELP or whoever they hire are DUMB AS A ROCK with pea brains or they find out that they might have to show up ON TIME and do a full day of work. And that one of MANY examples was at our ISP STORE in town - Bresnan which is now Spectrum.

But it is ALL OVER the place and MANY towns are saying that people/workers can't AFFORD THE HIGH RENT OR HOUSING (It is HIGH so that is NOT a lie.) and many people will have to live in one place with MORE than 2 NON RELATED renters sharing the rent.

PLUS many 'rich' parents who have or had children and even some upper to plain old middle class parents RAISED THEIR KIDS to have NO or hardly ANY PERSONAL RESPONSIBLITY in their entire LIFE or they always GIVE AN EXCUSE for their lot in life while they BLAME everyone else for their dumb @@@ decisions or criminal actions or for not just KEEPING THEIR BIG FAT MOUTHS SHUT or for any other reason.

I know some parents in their middle to late 50's and on who PAY FOR THEIR KIDS TELEPHONES! MY goodness! The kids are in their 30's and NOT in school!
    The KIDS HAVE NEVER EVER PAID for their own telephones!

Plus they got their kids cellular telephones when they first came out - many moons ago.

They bought their kids cars too or they handed them a car or truck that they previously owned. Plus pay their insurance and the KIDS are on some of their policies too. Grown adults!

I don't get it but I do KNOW that many older men and women including the DIRTY ILK in politics always WANT TO BLAME someone else for their problems or LOT IN LIFE.

They have a freaking VICTIM mentality non stop - 24/7 AND they PASS THEIR BS MENTALITY on their grown children who then pass it on to their SPOILED ROTTEN BRATS IN or OUT OF COLLEGE.

And many of the grown children come home or barely left home to get a JOB and PAY FOR THEIR OWN HOUSING, utilities, telephone, FOOD, clothing, etc.

Yet those KIDS HAVE the latest do dads in electronics and you name it where many of us did NOT at any age or still do without because the LATEST FAD or DO DAD did not impress us or we chose what we wanted in life and not just to keep up with the CROWD or Jones family.

There are HELP WANTED SIGNS all over and many of the KIDS know their computers or smart phones VERY WELL but they do NOT have MANY OTHER REAL LIFE SKILLS or KNOW a trade or can teach or nurse or whatever!

MANY adults and KIDS can't even do REAL MATH OR GIVE OUT CHANGE.

PLUS many of them can't write a handwritten letter or any type of WRITING unless they PRINT!

Some of them could not even FILL OUT and complete a simple TAX FORM even if they did actually have a JOB where they DO have to pay taxes instead of doing whatever they DO in life other than living in Mommy's basement.

Old Lady Cate

Typos!

Last edited:

Catherine1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    USA
    Here? The $7.65/hr minimum wage is a real "thing"...WallyWeird & many others only pay minimum wage/part time.

Maybe $8/hr at the machine shop! The drilling rig is $8.50/hr...

Sheetz, similar to your CircleK but much better, pays $15/hr & reimburses for college tuition (dependent on grade, of course).

Lets see? Which would I do....??

I totally understand the "sit at home & starve" outlook...

Your demographic may be different that here..Most of the jobs at WallyWeird, McD's, BurgerKing are held by Widow Women, older than me...When the mills & mines closed, they stole the pensions...(handed them over to the US Govt...the retiree is lucky if he gets fifteen cents on a dollar....and the widow gets half of that)

There are a few younger folk working at the KwikFill (United Refinery gas stations), and at Taco Smell....

The coal mine that is still working pays good...if you like underground work.

The Building Trades (the traditional escape from poverty here) are starving for men & women...

Now, lets talk about college for a minute....

I think college is SOLD to parents.

The top 5% of college grads actually get good jobs.

The next 10% to 15% land some drone job in an air conditioned yuppy office somewhere, laying around on their dead azz.

The rest? "Would you like fries with that?"...

Leaving them $100,000 in the hole with NO SKILLS...
    THIS too!

Old Lady Cate

Catherine1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    USA
    <>

Recall that, decades back, Rush Limbaugh hired camera crews to follow the ‘’protestor busses’’ around the Nation; and proved that it was the exact same hired actors playing ’’protestor’’ all over the Nation.

<>
    They are still doing this and it is a GIG or a JOB for some of those people who are PAID PROTESTORS.

Plus throw in SOME .gov agents to STIR UP things in the MIX.

Old Lady Cate

Catherine1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    USA
    I am a worker and will always be, I bet I am scheduled for a half day at the bodyshop on the day of my funeral. Drugs might be an issue. My Sheriff says that the only meth cooks in the states are old guys that are out of the pen and cooking for their personal use. Its too cheap from Mexico. They used to catch 1-3 pounds on a bust, now its not worth their time if its less than 50 pounds of meth. All the other drugs are cheaper than ever and pouring over the border now, thanks JB. Drugs will help the lazy kids start stealing for a living.
    I still think it boils down to the systematic breakdown of the family unit and our American values....values that may have gone by the wayside 20 years ago.

Things went down the TOILET with a great BIG FLUSH starting with LBJ ala THE GREAT SOCIETY BIG FAT LIE and some even BEFORE that time frame.

When you PAY PEOPLE TO REPRODUCE and become life long welfare queens and kings with TONS OF BENNIES - those people in ALL FLAVORS know HOW TO WORK THE SYSTEM BIG TIME in all ways for their living.

There is a woman who is now in her late 20's with 3 kids with 2 DIFFERENT fathers and living on the dole here in this college town. SHE HAS her own vouchers for her rented house with UTILITIES PAID, etc. She has a Mother who is a LAWYER and is very liberal. The RETIRED Father of this woman is not as liberal but leans that way and he is in his late 70's now.

There is another story of a 28 year old woman who does NOT WORK but does collect bennies. She deliberately GOT pregnant with her boyfriend but is not marrying him. She says that she helps 'care for' a friend but it is not a PAID JOB?! THERE SHOULD BE A DNA TEST in my opinion.

So now the .gov people WILL COLLECT OUR TAXPAYER MONEY to pay for her bas___ kid and who knows if the Father will pay up or not.

WILL she claim the REAL Father or write unknown on some paper?!

My friend from back east was telling me this story and I said something about the 28 year old female NOT WORKING and deliberately getting pregnant with her boyfriend?!

BOTH of these women did NOT come from welfare or ON THE DOLE families.

Another thing that I am hearing about WORKING THE SYSTEM is where a female goes to college and DELIBERATELY GETS PREGNANT by her boyfriend.

The boyfriend wants to MARRY the girl so the kid is not a bas___ but the girl in her 20's does not want to marry the boyfriend. So SHE and HE USED NO BIRTH CONTROL or she PLANS TO GET KNOCKED UP on purpose. And she knows the bennies of it all.

She gets some .gov bennies and NAILS THE DUMB BUNNY FATHER for the kid too. BOTH OF THEM HAD NO PERSONAL RESPONSIBLITY FROM SEX TO FINANCES to whatever!

Her parents PAY for HER college tuition. Maybe she will get a degree in BASKET WEAVING!

And with just those 3 women - all of them are white and the third one came from a good home but with VERY LIBERAL parents and one of them was a teacher at the U of M.

Another trick is for ONE OF THEM - ON THE DOLE PEOPLE to say that they have MENTAL ISSUES of some type or some POPULAR BS - MODERN OR NEW AGE TERM in MENTALLY ILL - social work cases or they claim that they have 1 or 2 diseases which I will NOT say here so I do not offend some SENSITIVE PC PEOPLE here.

ALMOST ALL of the latest bs diseases are fairly NEW and FULL OF IT in my VERY BIASED OPINION when it comes to KIDS, TEENS and even adults. So they are sitting BACK and collecting a NICE BIG CHECK for some bs disability that the TAXPAYER PAYS FOR.

Meanwhile REAL CASES OF PEOPLE needing help goes by the WAYSIDE due to some effed up .gov system.

And you have the !!! people who want to help Ukraine, Israel and every other FREAKING COUNTRY in the world when REALLY SICK and poor people need help IN THIS COUNTRY.

So some criminal comes in as an illegal alien and gets ALL OF THIS FREE S ARMY STUFF and so forth.

I would go on but it really ticks me off big time and BOTH PARTIES are letting this crapola continue.

Follow the money and connect the dots and ALWAYS ASK YOURSELF, "Who benefits from it all in the end?!"

And meanwhile - some SMALL and LARGE companies want GOOD HELP and will TRAIN YOU WHILE YOU WORK or to LEARN A TRADE THAT WILL PAY OFF IN THE END but many people don't want those JOBS or any type of profession where they might get dirty plus many of them ONLY WANT TO WORK part time or 9 to 5 with NO WEEKENDS and all HOLIDAYS OFF.

That is TRUE and my own husband tried to encourage some young men in some transportation jobs from RR to other professions and the young men did NOT WANT TO WORK while being trained and working their way UP and they did NOT WANT any job that was a 24/7 type of job.

My late husband said the same thing and @Mark in PA on here can tell you about the SKILLED TRADES and many people NOT wanting to go to school or GET TRAINED for specific jobs.

THEN a lot of the jobs in THIS country went BYE BYE and they NEVER DID COME BACK even with ALL OF THE PROMISES MADE by all and both parties PAST and PRESENT.

Old Lady Cate

Last edited:

surevaliance

Make Glockarev happen!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2024
    AZ
    Last Sunday we went to Costco and had hard time finding a shopping cart.
    I took a pic of full corral and sent it to our friend, said that’s how we knew that he was off work that day.
    He replied with laughs and said that a couple of old guys at work were trying to catch up.
    Manager got mad on them for overloading cart pushers, However, he said nothing to young lazy attendants, who were chilling out and watching foothball on their phones.
    Because… he did not want to hurt their feelings!
    Then, old guys said F* it! and stopped working too.

Attachments

• IMG_9201.jpeg
      IMG_9201.jpeg
      326.3 KB · Views: 7
    • IMG_9199.jpeg
      IMG_9199.jpeg
      679.7 KB · Views: 7
    Last edited:

Lonesome Dove

A man of vision but with no mission.
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2018
    Cut n Shoot, Texas
    Problem with all employment especially tech.
    Learn to do other things because as we all know WHT happens when the tech people lose their jobs. Nothing happens on their end. It's not hard for these kids to learn the only hard part is they don't want to learn and nobody wants to help them do to their attitudes. Easiest jobs to learn are trade jobs they are not the easiest to be good at but the easiest to find work and they usually pay enough.
    Learn how to do things.

Top Bottom