AMERICAN & TEXAN MILITIA TRADITIONS

Axxe55

Just me and the dog.
Dec 15, 2019
Somewhere....In Texas!
Theres 2 main militias in Texas that ive seen.

The Texas State Militia & the Texas Militia. If you go to their webpages you can see they are completely different on the requirements for its memebers. One seems more organized & the other...not so much.
The Texas Militia is actually the different departments of the Texas National Guard, the Texas Air National Guard and the Texas Guard. They answer to the Governor of the state of Texas.

They have a clear chain of command and specific rules and instruction as to what they can and can't do.

When I Googled Texas State Militia, it redirected me to the Texas Militia, so I assume they are the same?

But these units are not a group of home-grown beer swilling rednecks either. They serve a legitimate purpose, and are structured, organized, equipped, and have a chain of command all the way to the governor.

EZ-E

Jo & the Ho gotta go!!!!
TGT Supporter
May 4, 2017
Middle of no where
The Texas Militia is actually the different departments of the Texas National Guard, the Texas Air National Guard and the Texas Guard. They answer to the Governor of the state of Texas.

They have a clear chain of command and specific rules and instruction as to what they can and can't do.

When I Googled Texas State Militia, it redirected me to the Texas Militia, so I assume they are the same?

But these units are not a group of home-grown beer swilling rednecks either. They serve a legitimate purpose, and are structured, organized, equipped, and have a chain of command all the way to the governor.

Check these 2 out....
Tell me you dont think theres a difference.

I think this ones right up your alley :green:

This one seems a little more like the wiki link you posted.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
Apr 13, 2018
Texas
What if no laws are ever "emplamented" but just becomes the norm of acceptance?

I mean we are seeing the 1st stripped with big tech blocking conservative speach. The 2nd is being manipulated by the the ATF. ALL WITH NO LAWS BEING PASSED.
Good question. It’s crossed my mind. With how Texas law is worded it’s important to give the state a chance to up hold the law by refusing to comply. Then if outside forces tried something well you know. If Texas gave in then the violation of our rights also grants permission. The whole point was how Texas law is structured because if Texas is all screw you joe, the militia answer to Texas authority.

Last edited:

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
Apr 13, 2018
Texas
So my observation about a group of neighbors organizing themselves, arming themselves AFTER A SEVERE STORM for THEIR NEIGHBORHOOD DEFENSE is NOT a good example of the LEGITIMATE USE of "common militia", in your opinion??
Never said that. My post was aimed at helping members settle down. Look at what Texas law says and go from there.

Bobk

Nov 8, 2008
Seguin
Last edited:

Bobk

Nov 8, 2008
Seguin
BobK,

GIVEN the OUTRIGHT hatefulness of some of Biden's "inner circle" toward the ARNG, my GUESS is that it was ZERO of 12 who "took it a little too far".= The MORON LEFT obviously HATES the NATIONAL GUARD & (I suspect) all other GIs, too.
(ONE "advisor" to the new POTUS called the Guardsmen a "crowd of STUPID, UNEDUCATED A--H---s in matching clothes." = She cannot DENY her vulgar comment, as it was on video & posted on the WWW.)

Bob, As you are a vet too, I suggest that it's time for you to STOP defending the DIMocRAT HATERS.

just my OPINION, satx
SATX,

If you were have taken the time to read the articles, you would have realized several things:

1) At a Pentagon briefing Tuesday, General Dan Hokanson, the National Guard chief, said the two members made "inappropriate comments or texts" and were sent home "out of an abundance of caution." Hokanson said one member was flagged through a tip line and one was reported by other soldiers.

2) The second thing you would have realized that President Trump was still President as the worry was about the inauguration.

Is General Dan Hokanson in the Air National Guard versus the Army National Guard?

Figured that I would state the obvious for you!

Bobk

Last edited:

kbaxter60

Lesser Being
Jan 23, 2019
Pipe Creek
So what do you recommend Alex Jones?
I think you jest, perhaps. But I do read InfoWars from time to time. I think it helps to have a broad source of views.
But if it's just outright lies, full time, like the current MSM, I do not waste the time.
Drudge Report used to be my starting point, as they are an aggregator and listed lots of sources. But they went full TDS before the election and are all Trump hate (or were. Maybe it's all Biden love now? I don't waste my time there). I replaced DR with the Dan Bongino version. It's pretty good:
www.bonginoreport.com
Other than that, it's a moving target. Much of what I read is from social media postings now. It kind of does what the old Drudge did, only not as organized and takes more time.
Good luck!

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
silencers
third coast
DK Firearms
Tyrant Designs
Ranier
Drockton Bullion
Drockton Bullion

Latest posts

Forum statistics