Ammo Shortage Continues

ST5MF

Nov 27, 2008
Its going to get worse. If that's even imaginable.
I concur, I am not sitting on my hands and have still maintained purchase of a case of something a month; even at the higher than ever expense. If it goes down GREAT. If it continues to go up people will be kicking themselves for not taking action.

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
Jan 13, 2017
Jarrell TX, United States
I concur, I am not sitting on my hands and have still maintained purchase of a case of something a month; even at the higher than ever expense. If it goes down GREAT. If it continues to go up people will be kicking themselves for not taking action.

I wish I made what y'all make. At 80 cpr for 9mm and 1 dpr for 223 I can't afford to buy ANY ammunition at these prices. I'm sitting on what I have.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
TGT Supporter
Mar 30, 2009
Guadalupe Co.
I wish I made what y'all make. At 80 cpr for 9mm and 1 dpr for 223 I can't afford to buy ANY ammunition at these prices. I'm sitting on what I have.
What price are you willing to pay? I ask because if the prices isn't pre panic but just not the .80/$1 range, perhaps I could help. But know that, I would fully understand if you said that even the lowest current pricing is too much.

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
Jan 13, 2017
What price are you willing to pay? I ask because if the prices isn't pre panic but just not the .80/$1 range, perhaps I could help. But know that, I would fully understand if you said that even the lowest current pricing is too much.

Trust me at the prices I'd be willing to pay we're going to waiting a while. I would NEVE rpay more than 30cpr for 9mm under ANY circumstances. I have enough for a without rule of law situation to get where I need to be. 223 I'm not paying more than pre covid prices for that. So no worries there. I can wait. I have thousands of each.

ST5MF

Nov 27, 2008
Trust me at the prices I'd be willing to pay we're going to waiting a while. I would NEVE rpay more than 30cpr for 9mm under ANY circumstances. I have enough for a without rule of law situation to get where I need to be. 223 I'm not paying more than pre covid prices for that. So no worries there. I can wait. I have thousands of each.
I hear you, but I’m also prepared for ammo to never return to the pre COVID pricing. That is a possibility every shooter should contemplate. Eventually, even those of us with tens of thousands of cartridges will need to restock.

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
Jan 13, 2017
I hear you, but I’m also prepared for ammo to never return to the pre COVID pricing. That is a possibility every shooter should contemplate. Eventually, even those of us with tens of thousands of cartridges will need to restock.

I'm moving to reloading, so it will be supply prices. I get inflation happens as well as supply and demand. I love shooting, but im content on shooting 20 rounds a year to make sure sights are still true and saving the rest for a bad day.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
TGT Supporter
Mar 30, 2009
Guadalupe Co.

Pretty much what I figured, but thought I would ask.

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
TGT Supporter
Lifetime Member
May 9, 2013
The Big Country
I'm moving to reloading, so it will be supply prices. I get inflation happens as well as supply and demand. I love shooting, but im content on shooting 20 rounds a year to make sure sights are still true and saving the rest for a bad day.
Considering the current prices for components, it's really hard to reload for pre-rona pricing of ammo.

Primary

TexasGunTalk Assistant
Here are some related products that TexasGunTalk members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TexasGunTalk’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TexasGunTalk discussions about these products.

Support

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
silencers
third coast
DK Firearms
Tyrant Designs
Ranier
Shroud

Forum statistics

Threads
Members