• ...and so much more!
  • easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Pshhh... my 6yr old asked me the other day "dad when you hold a rock up and let go, why does it fall?" Me "It's called gravity, bubba. It's what keeps our feet on the ground." Him "where does gravity come from?" Me "oh boy" Him "is there gravity in space or on the moon?"

It was a good conversation. I tried my best to put it in his terms. He catches me off guard sometimes.
    So in other words, you dazzled him with BS, right?
    Guns International

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    And then Cruz got on and crushed Durbin and Whitehouse with his own chart showing political bias from them.
    Cruz is right. She will be confirmed. I have little doubt of that.
    Democrats are spending their time trying to get Barrett to decide laws as an activist judge. Period. They know she will get it. The question is, can they get her to consider the Constitution, something they despise, and the Law based not just on what they say but on how they feel about what it should say.
    A Supreme Court Justice is not supposed to rule on their feelings. ONLY on the wording and if something is allowed or legal under that wording. How anyone feels about the wording, including the Justice, is irrelevant. There are processes to change the Constitution if it needs to be changed.
    The Courts are not the place to do that.
    And Barrett is eating their lunch on that. Their frustration is apparent.
    Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Never forget: the Kavanaugh fiasco was single handedly brought about by Diane Feinstein. She's the sole individual responsible for weaponizing information she had in her possession.

As it turned out: false information. But she knew of the supposed allegations in advance and made a very conscious decision to "sit on it" until she could spring it on the Committee in the eleventh hour - all, in hopes of disrupting the confirmation process to such an extent that Kavanaugh wouldn't get the Committee's approval or that she would force him to withdraw his name. And she almost succeeded.

And speaking of "the dogma residing strongly in this one" (something she's already accused Judge Barrett of), I'd say pure evil resides strongly in Dianne Feinstein.

Ummm, there were far more involved in than just Feinstein.

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So in other words, you dazzled him with BS, right?
    Astronomy is actually one thing I'm pretty good at.

Here's an answer for him.

Gravity and friction are a couple of the least understood phenomena at the quantum and molecular levels, respectively.

--
    If that doesn't satisfy him, tell him to ask his first grade teacher!
    Ummm.... that would be his momma. She would defer him to me. Lol

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I had the stop watch going to see who would be first;)

If you like astronomy... you cant help but to dabble in other areas of research.

I get it, I was just adding my unique commentary. A little friendly ribbing .

The real question is what's worse, the fact I zinged you on it or the fact 98% of the folks reading didnt know the difference or have a clue about it still.

Lol

There I go again.

Edit to add, you dont what to know what auto correct did to ribbing. Maybe it was my fat fingers. Any rate Good thing I caught it as it made the post a completely different action all together.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    Astronomy is actually one thing I'm pretty good at.

Geesshhhh... I gotta tell you everything. Here is how you respond:

"Son, I could tell you, in great detail, precisely how gravity works. However... were I to do that I would rob you of the chase. Of the sense of victory of discovering the solution against all odds. I would take from you, forever, the life long deeply held sense of satisfaction you will feel when you discover, all on your own, how the world works!"

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I get it, I was just adding my unique commentary. A little friendly ribbing .

The real question is what's worse, the fact I zinged you on it or the fact 98% of the folks reading didnt know the difference or have a clue about it still.

Lol

There I go again.

Edit to add, you dont what to know what auto correct did to ribbing. Maybe it was my fat fingers. Any rate Good thing I caught it as it made the post a completely different action all together.
    Too many folks are too planted in their lives. They forget to stop and look up or think about what's really going on. I have a family member that thought we have 2 moons. WTH??? Some folks just take life as face value.

Mysteries and miracles are all around us. All day, everyday.

I don't mind ribbing.... or whatever its called. Did it auto correct with tribbing? Lol

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Geesshhhh... I gotta tell you everything. Here is how you respond:

"Son, I could tell you, in great detail, precisely how gravity works. However... were I to do that I would rob you of the chase. Of the sense of victory of discovering the solution against all odds. I would take from you, forever, the life long deeply held sense of satisfaction you will feel when you discover, all on your own, how the world works!"

Why is it I'm thinking this is the same speech you gave your children when they asked about sex? :what:

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Too bad he asked you a physics question.

Sorry I couldnt resist.
    HA, I took astronomy for my physics in college. Incidentally, I was doing very well in the class and saw Justice Scalia was giving a lecture at the Bush School, but it was during my astronomy final. Initially my prof denied permission to go, but he called me a few minutes later and told me to go and show up to one of his other classes so I could take the final.

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    Ahhh... then your six year old will have learned his first significant lesson in mathematics: 'Circular reasoning is not permitted'.
    --
    [a little unsolicited advise]
    BTW, enjoy your time with him now! I always felt like the ages 5 - 6 years old were perhaps the best times I ever had with my son - it didn't last near long enough. A great time of life!

Last edited:

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ahhh... then your six year old will have learned his first significant lesson in mathematics: 'Circular reasoning is not permitted'.
    --
    [a little unsolicited advise]
    BTW, enjoy your time with him now! I always felt like the ages 5 - 6 years old were perhaps the best times I ever had with my son - it didn't last near long enough. A great time of life!
    Thank you sir. I try....

Top Bottom