Patriot Mobile

Ankle pain/swelling when walking. Any ideas?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    Periodically when I'm out walking the front of my shins tense up, become sore, and it creeps down to my ankles. When it gets to my ankles they swell slightly, the veins pop out, ankles become very stiff, and they become pretty damn sore. I've tried to walk it off, but it seems to get worse the longer I go(normally do 3 miles)

Im thinking its acid build up, but I'm not entirely sure Google hasn't been much help either. Any of ya'll had this problem?
    Guns International

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I'm not a doctor but you may find this informative: What Causes Swollen Ankles and Feet? - WebMD

When I've seen ankle swelling after walking or standing upright for a while in my family members (which means nothing in your case, obviously) the cause has been heart disease. It runs in my family. So when I hear about ankle swelling, I tend to be more concerned than most folks.

Please get it checked out.

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    Eh its nothing like that it only does it when Im working out not in normal walking around. Its got to be lactic acid the muscles but dont know how to prevent it..feels just like lactic acid in any other muscle.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Potassium may help. I add salt to nothing so if I get cramps I load up on salt. It works better for me than potassium but usually go for both if it comes to that point.

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    Potassium may help. I add salt to nothing so if I get cramps I load up on salt. It works better for me than potassium but usually go for both if it comes to that point.

I'll pick up some potassium or electrolyte pills tomorrow and try it.

Will work for Ammo

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    Do some ankle exercises. Google them its mainly ankle stretches things like trying to grab a towel with your feet and a modified iron mike "lunges" but with laces to the dirt " top of feet facing the ground"

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    I should do this.

Messaged you a few times and you didn't answer bitch

Will work for Ammo

hwarang54

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2014
    Pain and swelling can be a lot of things. Just that isn't really enough info to even start offering suggestions.... it could be an electrolyte related issue, connective tissue inflammation, lymphatic vessel blockage, muscle inflammation, etc. It can be something little or something really bad.

The Dave

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    All over the world
    Fish oil works well for joints and motrin for swelling if that doest help I'd go see a doctor.

Other than that what the corpsmen always tell us is, drink motrin, change your water, take your rest and stretch your socks..... or something like that.

BIGPAPIGREG

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    San Antonio, TEXAS
    Stop walking. Problem solved. :green: Seriously, get some blood work done. It will tell you why.
    THIS^^^... could be nothing....................could have high blood pressure, thus causing poor circulation....etc. Don't play around with it Bigun, better to get checked out and get on the mend.

Last edited:

Kennydale

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2013
    Richmond/Rosenberg, TX
    I would see a real MD. Easy remedies might just be wearing support socks as the type they recommend for diabetics or people with lymphadema. You may also need water pills, but I'm not a doctor.

TAZ

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Round Rock
    How long has this been going on? Any injury prior to this? Rolled ankle, step funny, fall... You start a running regimen for your workouts? Increase intensity of work outs?

Could be 1 of a million things. Simple like shim splints from over use to stress fractures to heart disease. If it's been ongoing for a while and you have tried the rest, ice .... routine it's time to go see a doc. Google may be a helpful for a lot of things, medical advise isn't one of them.

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    It may be time to get new shoes. I had a pair of running shoes I kept using from 07 that I had to retire. I kept changing insoles but it quit helping. Tons of miles on those old shoes.
    Make sure you stretch after you work out and take it serious. I was getting lower back pain because stretching is gay. My hamstrings and other leg muscles were pulling hard on my lower back. I stretch daily for 5-10mins now after working out or just before bed.

Top Bottom