• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    Went into a LGS sometime back and saw a nice S&W .22LR revolver in the used gun cabinet. I asked to see it and the clerk took it out and repeatedly dry fired it. I asked him why he was doing that and didn't he know that it was not good for the gun. He didn't know about the reason to not dry fire it. I left without the gun.

tonelar

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    El Paso
    Gun store employees are notorious for knowing NOTHING about their product.

The gun stores around here have their mags and ammo in their aisles. Inside the cases and behind the counter are primarily where the firearms are displayed.

Is it more usual, that accessories are kept in back?

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    The gun stores around here have their mags and ammo in their aisles. Behind the counter is primarily the firearms.

Is it more usual, that accessories are kept in back?

First shop I've been in that had them in the back. Then again, there wasn't a whole lot of rack space in front, so I dunno. Then again, they didn't have a lot of rack space out front for much of anything - just a lot of gun display counters. Most of what little rack space they have was devoted to a few cheap holsters and some overpriced ammo.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    My 1911 takes a CLIP!:banana:

293A2B7B-0444-4052-BECF-E7C1361E8F4D.gif

Attachments

• 293A2B7B-0444-4052-BECF-E7C1361E8F4D.gif
      293A2B7B-0444-4052-BECF-E7C1361E8F4D.gif
      3.2 MB · Views: 425

smittyb

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Cut N Shoot
    Went into a LGS sometime back and saw a nice S&W .22LR revolver in the used gun cabinet. I asked to see it and the clerk took it out and repeatedly dry fired it. I asked him why he was doing that and didn't he know that it was not good for the gun. He didn't know about the reason to not dry fire it. I left without the gun.
    !!!! I can’t even imagine!!!

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    If a gun store clerk tells you it is one way, then fella, that is the only way it can be! Never doubt the knowledge and wisdom of LGS employees! They are Gun Gurus extraordinaire (or so they think) and their bosses are likely to be gun store ninja-Nazis of the nth degree.

tonelar

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    El Paso
    based on my last purchase, RIA might have gone to “metalform” for their magazines.

which to me are well made mags, or clips.

Sounds like your LGS was Academy. Did they try to talk you into buying a Taurus?

Friends don’t let friends buy Taurus.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    someone’s bound to like them. otherwise they would’ve left north america in the late 80’s.

I know a lot of people trash talk the Taurus brand, but honestly, I have never had any problems with any of the ones I have owned. I bought my first Taurus revolver back in 1986 IIRC. A Model 66 in 357.

digger

Curmudgeon
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    West Texas
    I know a lot of people trash talk the Taurus brand, but honestly, I have never had any problems with any of the ones I have owned. I bought my first Taurus revolver back in 1986 IIRC. A Model 66 in 357.

I have 5 (three 605s one 85ss and one 85 airweight) that are shared with wife and daughters. Never had any problems with any of them. Have S&W, Colt, Ruger and yea even Glock I enjoy 'em all with no serious problems. Never had hipoint but fired a couple and if that was all I had to defend myself I might find it an excellent choice!!!!!!

Top Bottom