2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.

Graceaction

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2023
    Deer Park Texas
    A number of years ago I did a lot of armature videography, often in less than desirable areas or situations. In those days I was a younger and stronger man (less wise). On one occasion I was accosted by a troubled individual who believed he had an imperative to take several items which belonged to me. We interacted vigorously for a few seconds after which he jumped into his vehicle and drove off. I had a perfectly good video camera hanging around my neck and thought it would be great to use it to capture his license plant number as he departed.

I had many hours of experience with my camera and was thus able to make short work of aiming and starting it recording. As I brought it onto target, I received a graphic lesson in just how impactful adrenalin can be. I was almost buzzing with it at that point and nothing I could do, in the short time I had to before my adversary turned a corner a block or so away, would stop my hands from shaking enough to capture anything useful. My adversary escaped and I was left with a jerky, blurry, and utterly useless 3 or four seconds of video.

On consideration of that event, I far better understand how people involved in shootings so often miss their intended targets even from relatively close range. Train often, try and induce stress into your training, practice while moving (safely of course and in a safe environment). In the end though if you can’t avoid the conflict (which is really the best outcome) having more in the magazine should not be discounted as a significant factor tipping the scale in favor of your survival.

Aus_Schwaben

First to know - Last to care!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 31, 2019
    Abilene, TX
    A number of years ago I did a lot of armature videography, often in less than desirable areas or situations. In those days I was a younger and stronger man (less wise). On one occasion I was accosted by a troubled individual who believed he had an imperative to take several items which belonged to me. We interacted vigorously for a few seconds after which he jumped into his vehicle and drove off. I had a perfectly good video camera hanging around my neck and thought it would be great to use it to capture his license plant number as he departed.

I had many hours of experience with my camera and was thus able to make short work of aiming and starting it recording. As I brought it onto target, I received a graphic lesson in just how impactful adrenalin can be. I was almost buzzing with it at that point and nothing I could do, in the short time I had to before my adversary turned a corner a block or so away, would stop my hands from shaking enough to capture anything useful. My adversary escaped and I was left with a jerky, blurry, and utterly useless 3 or four seconds of video.

On consideration of that event, I far better understand how people involved in shootings so often miss their intended targets even from relatively close range. Train often, try and induce stress into your training, practice while moving (safely of course and in a safe environment). In the end though if you can’t avoid the conflict (which is really the best outcome) having more in the magazine should not be discounted as a significant factor tipping the scale in favor of your survival.
    Nailed it!

Lonesome Dove

A man of vision but with no mission.
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2018
    Cut n Shoot, Texas
    Just going off what you said here....

Stopped carrying on my person probably before that so the comment was for pastence. I carry a cheap 9 in my vehicles.

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    Defend yourself and family and have your gun permit revoked. That's California.

The Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department notified Vince Ricci, the Los Angeles Mid-City homeowner who opened fire on armed suspects who tried to get into his house, that his carry permit had been revoked.

On Thursday, Ricci stated that the Sheriff's Department called him to let him know that his permit to carry a concealed firearm had been revoked because he "yelled" at responding LAPD officers a few days later when they came out to investigate the incident further.

It is unknown if there are other mitigating factors that played a role in Ricci having his permit revoked, but one thing is certain: Ricci is now a defenseless citizen when he goes out in public because he can no longer carry a firearm.

In this legal analysis, Attorneys Marc J. Victor and Andy Marcantel break down the viral video of the LA homeowner that had his CCW permit revoked after defending his home and family.

Top Bottom