Not open for further replies.

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    Word of caution.

Don't bank on PayPal being able to repay you if you are defrauded. I recently bought something on Ebay and paid via PayPal. The seller never shipped the item and simply closed his account. PayPal told me I was SOL because he had closed his account (some protection there!). Luckily my purchase was small, but the guy apparently took about 200 other people with him.

Nothing is really guaranteed unless the person you are dealing with is honest.
    Target Sports

cseale86

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    East Houston
    Word of caution.

Don't bank on PayPal being able to repay you if you are defrauded. I recently bought something on Ebay and paid via PayPal. The seller never shipped the item and simply closed his account. PayPal told me I was SOL because he had closed his account (some protection there!). Luckily my purchase was small, but the guy apparently took about 200 other people with him.

Agreed i only mentioned it as more of a leg to stand on if you decide to get legal help.

Angered_Kabar

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Kansas City :(
    Word of caution.

And PayPal might ban your account if they find out you're buying and selling *GASP* GUNS!!!!

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    use the feedback function that is now on this forum to tell others of your experience with your seller. and I agree with the above post....never, never, never send a check to someone you dont know. not only does he have a check , he has your account and routing number.

dinkydow

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    N.E. Ohio
    use the feedback function that is now on this forum to tell others of your experience with your seller. and I agree with the above post....never, never, never send a check to someone you dont know. not only does he have a check , he has your account and routing number.

I am keeping a very close I on my business accout for any more of nalioth's thievry.

According to him, "I am impatient" because, "it has not been even a month" since he "mailed me the g-kit".... So I am "impatient?"

I ordered some "stuff" from Russia... and had it in less than two weeks.

Nalioth, does not like the feedback that I have been leaving for him.. and now says I am trying to scam him. I guess...just like the dozens of other internet buyers he has screwed, that you find when you google his username.

Here: Gunco.net

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    OK, we're only getting one side of the story here and since this topic is being discussion on other AK forums, and since the person in question is also a member of this board, I think we should hold off on making accusations without hearing both sides!

For one, I have bought a Yugo M72 from Naolith and the transaction was smooth. He's sold numerous items on AK boards, and while there has been some issues you can't necessarily blame him for them.

The package in question appears to have been lost in the mail, or that is what Naolith is claiming. Dinkydow accuses him of never shipping it. It's a matter of "he said/he said" and without credible evidence for either side, I would not rush to judgment.

Dinkydow, do you have proof that the item wasn't shipped? Did you pay for insurance and/or tracking on it? Items get lost in the mail (as well as UPS and FedEx) on occasion, it's happened to many of us and you can't blame the seller for that. I've personally experienced this several times, and many times I've had sellers accuse me of lying about it. While I know that's not true, I understand that sometimes unscrupulous people pull that stunt to get an item for free or two for the price of one.

That is why it always makes sense to cover your ass in these kinds of transactions, using a payment system that will initiate an investigation if the item is lost and paying a little extra for insurance and/or tracking.

I understand your aggravation, but I don’t think the solution is to join gun boards to slander someone that you don’t have definitive proof of your accusations. Like I said, I’ve dealt with Naolith in the past with good results, and I would not consider him a thief based on my experience. He is in Houston and with little effort you can make contact with him, but you seem to have given up on resolving the issue and are determined to accuse him on every forum you can sign up for. I don’t know what you hope to achieve in doing that, but since he has tried to work with you to resolve things and has given a plausible explanation as to what happened, I don’t see you being in the right in taking the direction you’ve gone.

I hope you have much more to contribute to this board than simply slandering someone, and if you do choose to continue you should gather more evidence in your favor instead of hoping for ignorance on the matter by an unsuspecting audience.

nalioth

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Houston Metro
    His total silence tells me something though. I read the links provided and didn't see any credible rebuttal from his side.
    My "total silence" is just a sign that I don't look at this forum (although it loads in my browser whenever it starts [hence the "visit 3 days ago"]), and I didn't even know about this thread until Dinky posted the link over at one of the boards.

"Credible response"? What do you think is credible? The package was mailed 27 December. I find it "fishy" that Dinky has written it off this soon and is (apparently) making it his life's work to cyberstalk me and post all these slanderous things.

I have not written it off and will make good on it, but I'm not making it "twice as good".

Poink88

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Austin
    Something like this.

Sounds reasonable but I am not just referring to this thread. Things happened in other forums and you were given more than enough time and opportunity to respond and I just didn't see it (or did I miss it?).

Hope you both work it out though.

nalioth

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Houston Metro
    Something like this.

Sounds reasonable but I am not just referring to this thread. Things happened in other forums and you were given more than enough time and opportunity to respond and I just didn't see it (or did I miss it?).

Hope you both work it out though.
    You probably didn't look at the post dates.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    As with others, I'm willing to give the benefit of doubt....however, you state shipped - is there any way of proving that? I know that if I ship something, I at least get SOME kind of proof that I've shipped, unless I'm willing to eat the cost of whatever it is if it doesn't arrive. This is the first time on any of the posts from you I've read anywhere in which you've indicated an actual ship date.

nalioth

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Houston Metro
    This is the first time on any of the posts from you I've read anywhere in which you've indicated an actual ship date.
    This has all been covered on the other boards that Dinky links to. From the 12th: Gunco.net

I sure hope you guys are actually reading all of the linked material and not just taking this guy's word for it from his post here.

This has been public since the 6th of January on the two other boards. All of his "polite requests" have been responded to.

It is only now that he's taken to "cyberstalking" to spread his slander.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    I've read a number of them...and I can see on one where even the Admins had difficulty getting you to respond. I'm TRYING to be neutral, but again I ask (as others have) - do you have proof of shipping? I don't think even the OP would be upset had you done that from the outset - and frankly, it would have saved you a ton of grief.

cseale86

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    East Houston
    Even the self serve scale at the post office provides a receipt. All it would take was a scan of it. Im giving you the benefit of the doubt because MajorMadMax is a trustworthy guy and has no reason to lie.

Even if it was mailed Dec.27th as you stated there is no reason it would take that long.

As TR stated anything you aren't willing to cover yourself should have some kind of proof of shipping man.

nalioth

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Houston Metro
    I've read a number of them...and I can see on one where even the Admins had difficulty getting you to respond.
    I'm not sure where you're seeing that.

Only the linked posts at Gunco and AK Files involve Dinkydow - the AK Forum link is from 3 years ago and he's just thrown that in here to muddy the water (note he edited his post to add it later).

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    I'm not sure where you're seeing that.

Only the linked posts at Gunco and AK Files involve Dinkydow - the AK Forum link is from 3 years ago and he's just thrown that in here to muddy the water (note he edited his post to add it later).

Muddy the water? Dunno 'bout that - I saw it more as historical reference.

STILL don't see the shipping info - and that would put this ALL to rest, wouldn't it? As the shipper, only YOU can initiate any action w/the folks that shipped it - NOT the buyer. But, you already know that, don't ya?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom