• Status
    Not open for further replies.

dinkydow

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    N.E. Ohio
    Nalioth, just another scam artist...?

What would you guys do, or think...if... you bought a Romanian "G" (an AKM kit) kit from a fellow on a gun site, he cashes your check on 12-23-2010, weeks go by, nothing..... He won't answer your e-mails and when you call him out on it...IN the thread he posted the kit for sale in, on the same site....and all you get is hot air... and no kit after paying $250.00 for a handjob ("I shipped your kit on the 12-27-2010, so it ain't my problem") and now it is 01-18-2011... Would you call the man a thief and begin warning folks? He has been banned from other board for jerking off and stealing from their members....just like he is doing me...I have come to find out.

What do you guys think?

Time to kick some ass? Or am I just being.... impatient? I ship stuff from Ohio, to Texas all the time, mostly receivers and AK's and it only takes a couple days, week at most.
    Target Sports

dinkydow

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    N.E. Ohio
    Call the bank and cancel the check. Report him to the authorities in his city.

The check was negotiated by this thief, on December 23rd. The money has been in his hands for quite awhile. To late to cancel the check. I am going to report his thievery to the Houston Fraud unit. Seems like he has been playing this game on the various gun boards until he gets banned. He posts here also.

dinkydow

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    N.E. Ohio
    +1

Most people don't know that a check can be canceled even after it is cashed. You do have to pay cancellation fee though.

I knew you could "Stop Payment" on a check...but only before it was cashed. I have never heard of "Canceling a check"...that has been cashed and getting a refund....though.

Poink88

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Austin
    I am embarrassed to learn that the alleged perpetrator is a fellow Texan.

Maybe, emailing the moderators here will help...I mean, I hope they can do something, maybe not for you but to prevent someone here being victimized as well.

dinkydow

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    N.E. Ohio

Poink88

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Austin
    I knew you could "Stop Payment" on a check...but only before it was cashed. I have never heard of "Canceling a check"...that has been cashed and getting a refund....though.

Talk to your bank, tell them the story. I know my bank (Fed Credit Union) will do it...yes, even for cashed checks.

dinkydow

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    N.E. Ohio
    I am embarrassed to learn that the alleged perpetrator is a fellow Texan.

Maybe, emailing the moderators here will help...I mean, I hope they can do something, maybe not for you but to prevent someone here being victimized as well.

Many thieves move from board to board, sinking their rat claws into un-suspecting victims...as long as people do not know any better. The huge majority of board sellers are honest working Joes, just like the rest of us... a few.... well... they ruin it for everyone. I wish I knew then, what I know about this thief now. Only way that can happen is if the word is spread.

San Antone RR

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    San Antonio

dinkydow

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    N.E. Ohio
    So he seems to be ducking you and is a thief. You sent $$ to him and he cashed the check. I, for one would like to have his name so I won't do business with him. Seeing that this is a Texas forum, he could very well be a member here so my chances of dealing with him are pretty good.

I do believe he is a member here. His username all over the 'net is:

nalioth
    Curio & Relic

image.php

kerryp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Bastrop
    Wouldn't that be a type of Mail Fraud? I've read similar stories like this and Mail Fraud has come up...

This is a classic read, and this kid gets owned by the whole forum...Maybe go this route and your fellow TGT members might help you get your parts or money back!

D60 rear 4.88s 35 spline - Pirate4x4.Com Bulletin Board

Ha, pirate classic, good to see another wheeler on here.

That would prolly fix things, but you might wanna try a nice lawyer letter or sumpin first.

Sent via smoke signal with my Tapatalk blanket.

cseale86

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    East Houston
    Sorry to hear it man. From now on use PayPal it keeps everybody honest and the info is right there.I don't care who has how many posts i would never in this day and age send someone a check.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom