• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • okie556

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Longview, TX
    Visiting with our son in Arkansas this week. (Live in East Texas) Happened upon a DPMS AR for $617.00 (Basic flat top, 1 mag) and a Bushmaster with removable carry handle, no front sites for $977.00. Gonna buy one or the other and gentlemen behind counter said well let's start on the paperwork and you can decide which one you want while doing. Handed him my TX DL and TX CHL......you know where this is going. He wasn't aware that I was legal to purchase to purchase and stated there was no one he could call. Said to check back tomorrow and MAYBE his manager would be around but could not hold either for me. I didn't really NEED another AR rather just thought would buy and stick in the gun safe for now. He was real nice about the whole thing and simply uneducated about gun laws so I was nice as well and told him to have a nice day. (Guess I am mellowing in my old age.)

With all that said.....if I do go back tomorrow and find gun and manager there......any reason not to buy the DPSM for $617 + taxes? It just a basic model but in today's market I think the price is fair.

TRIXXTERR

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2010
    Bertram,Tx Burnet,Tx
    Hmm, odd. It is company policy for them to have signage posted showing who can and who can't purchase from state to state. Example. A map of the US, with the allowed states in green, and the other states in red. That way its easy to point out.. Someone isn't up on their training, and XBOx as they should be. (former Walmart, sporting goods associate) Oh, and ANY, Assistant Manager, or Store Manager, could have, would have known this. Suresh, some people its no wonder why Walmart gets a bad rep so much. Lol.

okie556

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Longview, TX
    Hmm, odd. It is company policy for them to have signage posted showing who can and who can't purchase from state to state. Example. A map of the US, with the allowed states in green, and the other states in red. That way its easy to point out.. Someone isn't up on their training, and XBOx as they should be. (former Walmart, sporting goods associate) Oh, and ANY, Assistant Manager, or Store Manager, could have, would have known this. Suresh, some people its no wonder why Walmart gets a bad rep so much. Lol.

I'll go back and check for signage you mentioned. Only purchased one previous firearm from Wally World and it was few years but in my home town.

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    Is that the more-basic-than-basic model that doesn't have the forward assist and dust cover? Sportical or whatever it's called?

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas

+1

Every WalMart I have been in has had that sign.

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station

Last time i saw the signage you mention at a Walmart gun counter was a few years ago, but i do remember seeing them back then.

okie556

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Longview, TX
    Is that the more-basic-than-basic model that doesn't have the forward assist and dust cover? Sportical or whatever it's called?

Glad you posted that! I actually did not notice but will double check if get to purchase. (Will probably be gone tomorrow.) I have no interest if no dust cover and forward assist.

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    Not as bad as the time. Walked into my lgs, handed him my chl! He then calls my chl # i. As my dl # soooo we know what happened then.
    Denied yep !

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Does that store have ammo to feed that puppy?

I've stopped buying guns years ago to put my disposable income towards ammo.

A baseball bat is a much better club than an AR-15.

okie556

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Longview, TX
    Does that store have ammo to feed that puppy?

I've stopped buying guns years ago to put my disposable income towards ammo.

A baseball bat is a much better club than an AR-15.

That's actually why I went to Gun Counter in the first place to see how their ammo supply compared to our's at home. Same as in TX....nothing much on shelves except a few boxes of high dollar 7MM Mags and some others that I don't own a matching gun.

Top Bottom