• Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Ladygun has a sportical, really fun gun to shoot and have had no problems with any ammo from steel cased to brass.

Light little sucker too.

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    Not as bad as the time. Walked into my lgs, handed him my chl! He then calls my chl # i. As my dl # soooo we know what happened then.
    Denied yep !

Sorry not trying to derail the thread and Sterling feel free to PM me the answer if you want but was this recent? I ask because

1. The FBI NICS center never asks for your license number just social security number (which is optional btw and definitely not needed with a CHL) so not sure how that would get you denied

2. The fact that you had a valid CHL would have negated the call regardless of him going forward with it an getting that response, he would have been able to scratch that 4473 off as a lost sale because he screwed up the paperwork and did another one but this time do it right and no problems.

Just my $.02 as someone who calls in 4473's to NICS multiple times a day

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Last edited:

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    And to the OP not a bad price at all for the DPMS, the prices on Bushmasters seems to have gone up but there are other Bushmaster models cheaper out there. At the end of the day it's your decision but being that DPMS and Bushmaster are both good guns and both owned by Remington you'd be fine whatever you decide.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Last edited:

okie556

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Longview, TX
    Update: Just returned from Wal Mart and Sporting Goods Manager said he could sell me one of the ARs (Bushmaster gone....DPMS still there.) but even with my CHL would still have to call it in. No concerns on that but after looking at the rifle closer it was the Sportical Model and just didn't float my boat lacking the dustcover and forward assist. I know others have said that was not a big deal but I currently own a Colt and S & W AR and even for the price this model DPMS just looked cheap made. I wasn't buying just with the intention to to resell later so I passed on the deal. Thanks for all the input.

Das Jared

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Friendswood
    Update: Just returned from Wal Mart and Sporting Goods Manager said he could sell me one of the ARs (Bushmaster gone....DPMS still there.) but even with my CHL would still have to call it in. No concerns on that but after looking at the rifle closer it was the Sportical Model and just didn't float my boat lacking the dustcover and forward assist. I know others have said that was not a big deal but I currently own a Colt and S & W AR and even for the price this model DPMS just looked cheap made. I wasn't buying just with the intention to to resell later so I passed on the deal. Thanks for all the input.

Save up a little bit more and buy a high end ar like a bcm, dd, or other tier one rifle

sent from my dishwasher

Krw17

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    Hmm, odd. It is company policy for them to have signage posted showing who can and who can't purchase from state to state. Example. A map of the US, with the allowed states in green, and the other states in red. That way its easy to point out.. Someone isn't up on their training, and XBOx as they should be. (former Walmart, sporting goods associate) Oh, and ANY, Assistant Manager, or Store Manager, could have, would have known this. Suresh, some people its no wonder why Walmart gets a bad rep so much. Lol.

Are you sure the map uses red/green? I was sort of imagining a map where the states are either red or blue! :)

okie556

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Longview, TX
    A DPMS or Bushmaster would have been the proverbial turd in your AR punchbowl. ;-)

My thoughts as well. Previously owned Bushmaster and trigger was terrible. I know that's an easy fix but I sold and bought the MP15 several years back when they were priced right and had a mail in rebate for extra mags or $40. I took the mags. Right out of the box trigger was 10 times better than Bushmaster.

okie556

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Longview, TX
    Hmm, odd. It is company policy for them to have signage posted showing who can and who can't purchase from state to state. Example. A map of the US, with the allowed states in green, and the other states in red. That way its easy to point out.. Someone isn't up on their training, and XBOx as they should be. (former Walmart, sporting goods associate) Oh, and ANY, Assistant Manager, or Store Manager, could have, would have known this. Suresh, some people its no wonder why Walmart gets a bad rep so much. Lol.

Forgot to mention in update that I doubled checked (now at both Wal Marts in this town) and no map of any kind or any other signage about gun sales. Typical gun books and information about hunting seasons and hunter safety courses only.

okie556

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Longview, TX
    You can (or at least could) lay-a-way firearms at W*M.

Eli

Two of our local gun stores had layaway but after the Newton shooting they stopped. Our local Wal Mart in Longview still does because a week or two ago I was looking for ammo and a guy was putting a Mossberg 715T on layaway.

Top Bottom