Texas SOT

Any News on the dreaded ATF ruling re: Saiga shotguns???

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Just wondering if an anti-Saiga shotgun ruling happened today. A lot of internet chatter, and panic buying due to an alleged move by the ATF to classify the Saiga a destructive device.

Thanks,
    Military Camp

leonidas

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2010
    Plano
    If ye are prepared, ye shall not fear. While I'm sure part of it is people trying to round out their "stock pile", I'm guessing it might be due to those individuals who think they'll be able to sell them for 10x what they paid for it.

Or maybe it's just because we have a Liberal in the White House and no one wants to put it pass his abilities to approve such restrictions.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Well, the feared ATF study on the importation of certain shotguns came out today; I wonder how this is gonna affect the Saiga-12...

Following this review, the working group determined that certain shotgun features are not particularly suitable or readily adaptable for sporting purposes. These features include:

(1) Folding, telescoping, or collapsible stocks;
    (2) bayonet lugs;
    (3) flash suppressors;
    (4) magazines over 5 rounds, or a drum magazine;
    (5) grenade-launcher mounts;
    (6) integrated rail systems (other than on top of the receiver or barrel);
    (7) light enhancing devices;
    (8) excessive weight (greater than 10 pounds for 12 gauge or smaller);
    (9) excessive bulk (greater than 3 inches in width and/or greater than 4 inches in depth);
    (10) forward pistol grips or other protruding parts designed or used for gripping the shotgun with the shooter’s extended hand.

Although the features listed above do not represent an exhaustive list of possible shotgun features, designs or characteristics, the working group determined that shotguns with any one of these features are most appropriate for military or law enforcement use. Therefore, shotguns containing any of these features are not particularly suitable for nor readily adaptable to generally recognized sporting purposes such as hunting, trap, sporting clay, and skeet shooting.

Each of these features and an analysis of each of the determinations are included within the main body of the report.

Dang, I knew I should've bought one earlier! :bash:

Cheers! M2

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    confiscation aint gonna happen....worst case scenario, no new imports. and the above post is right, 2A has nothing to do with "sporting purposes". Hopefully a GOP Congress or the NRA can figure out a way to grab the ATF and shake them.

Top Bottom