ARJ Defense ad

Any OCers (OpenCarriers) in ELP...beside me?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BillRedding

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2017
    Colorado Springs, CO
    P.S.

Talking about Starbucks, I just saw this article on "Black Rifle Coffee" (had never heard of them before):

https://www.aol.com/article/news/20...american/21709154/?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000058&

"We hold true to our values as conservative, pro-military, pro-law enforcement, and pro-2nd Amendment American citizens and never waiver in those values in order to simply make the maximum amount of profit," executive vice president and COO Scott Bollinger writes in his bio on the company website."

It doesn't say whether they allow OCers there or not...I would assume so given what he said anyway.

Oops! I just went to their website and saw an OCer in a picture there...I guess that answers the question. ;-)

http://www.blackriflecoffee.com/

...but sadly, from what I can gather they don't have any coffee-shops to go to!

-- BR

Last edited:

kirk10100

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2011
    El Paso
    Good points but if I go to Denny's or VI I will order a skillet or some other high caloric fatty dish. As you can tell, I have a problem with tasty food that's not good for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tC_Matt

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 13, 2016
    Good points but if I go to Denny's or VI I will order a skillet or some other high caloric fatty dish. As you can tell, I have a problem with tasty food that's not good for me

Don't we all lol

BillRedding

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2017
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Guys,

We can choose any place to meet/eat you want, not only Village Inn, IHOP & Denny's. I just mentioned them because since *I* don't eat out, those are the places I can go take up a table all by myself, just have coffee (not quite the Big Spender but I tip well) and use their WiFi -- and not get kicked out! ;-)

So you guys can choose a place you all can agree on/prefer and it'll be fine with me...that is, as long as I can OC there and it isn't posted.

This website shows LOTS of pansy businesses that have caved-in to liberal extremists (such as "Mad Moms") and have posted no OC there:

http://momsdemandaction.org/campaigns/texas-businesses-say-no-to-open-carry/

...I saw Safeway on the list: That's weird because I'd OC every time I went to Safeways in CO, and I've been to LOTS of them up there. Never an issue. So I'm not sure how accurate the list or even if it's current/being updated.

So that's another reason I go to VI, IHOP & D's: None have ever said anything about my OCing, nor have I seen any signs posted at their front door.

Anyway, feel free to decide where you want to go,

-- BR

Last edited:

kirk10100

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2011
    El Paso
    Guys,

We can choose any place to meet/eat you want, not only Village Inn, IHOP & Denny's. I just mentioned them because since *I* don't eat out, those are the places I can go take up a table all by myself, just have coffee (not quite the Big Spender but I tip well) and use their WiFi -- and not get kicked out! ;-)

So you guys can choose a place you all can agree on/prefer and it'll be fine with me...that is, as long as I can OC there and it isn't posted.

This website shows LOTS of pansy businesses that have caved-in to liberal extremists (such as "Mad Moms") and have posted no OC there:

http://momsdemandaction.org/campaigns/texas-businesses-say-no-to-open-carry/

...I saw Safeway on the list: That's weird because I'd OC every time I went to Safeways in CO, and I've been to LOTS of them up there. Never an issue. So I'm not sure how accurate the list or even if it's current/being updated.

So that's another reason I go to VI, IHOP & D's: None have ever said anything about my OCing, nor have I seen any signs posted at their front door.

Anyway, feel free to decide where you want to go,

-- BR

That's an awful lot of places on the list
    Heck I'm open to go wherever. Rudys is also a good option.

Jack Ryan

Mr. Medium
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2016
    Eseldorf
    2cc3214c11343bdbbdc7a5d73990c9dd.jpg
    362eddf27fc4e15f7f551e4f00a5ce78.jpg

I OC occasionally. But I'm 30 minutes north of Austin though.

That looks like a Glock isn't it?

tC_Matt

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 13, 2016
    Yupp! Glock 21! If I'm OC'ing I'm carrying either my 20 or 21. If I'm CC'ing it's usually my 19. But I always have my 43 as a backup

BillRedding

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2017
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Well, guys, I guess enough time has passed waiting for responses (here and via PMs), so now to pick a date/time/place.

I usually do these events Sunday afternoons (2:00pm or so) when it's pretty dead (customer-wise) and as mentioned earlier, @ a Denny's/Village Inn/IHOP. Also as mentioned, I feel more confident about these places not freaking-out just SEEING a gun (so far, so good here in ELP) when someone OCs there (or being posted against it), as I'm not sure about other "real" restaurants (including Rudy's corporate "gun policy"). After all, since I (for sure) will be OCing, if I show up and find out a place IS posted, then I won't be able to attend "my" own event and will have to leave! ;-)

Additionally, since I go to these places alone anyway, if no one shows up for an event it's not a complete waste of my time/effort to be there! ;-)

I'm thinking this Sunday (2-26-16) @ one of these places depending on where in El Paso you live -- I don't mind driving from the Westside as I'm a "Have gun, will travel" kind of guy. ;-)

So here are the 3 locations to choose from:

-- Westside: Village Inn (Mesa & Sunland Park)
    -- Eastside: Village Inn (Montana & Airways)
    -- Northeast: Denny's (Transmountain & Loop 375)

Let me know which part of town you prefer and we can confirm the location for Sunday.

As always, OCers, CCers and anyone interested in carrying (however you want to do it) or info/tips about the LTC Class -- or just general info re: being more serious about one's personal/family self-defense plan (taking responsibility for one's own safety vs. relying on others for your protection, like 911, (aka: Dial-a-Prayer) -- are welcome. We discuss numerous topics re: carrying, self-defense gun choices, "gun legislation/laws" and such. And of course, meet other carriers. :-)

Presently, these are just informal getherings, with no planned agenda/presentation.

For now then, it's this Sunday @ 2:00pm...location awaits responses here or, I'll pick one and post it here for everyone's info.

No RSVP necessary -- just show up...when we decide WHERE! ;-)

-- BR

Last edited:

BillRedding

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2017
    Colorado Springs, CO
    I'll occasionally carry my LCP as my BUG. Really just depends on the day. Great little gun. I really want the lcp2

Yes, I have heard that the LCPII is a clear improvement over the LCP "I" so if I were going to get a LCP presently, it'd be the II over a new/used "I" model.

My .380ACP BUG is a Sig-Sauer P238.

-- BR

tC_Matt

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 13, 2016
    I wish I was closer. I live in taylor snd it's a long drive for me lol!

BillRedding

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2017
    Colorado Springs, CO
    tC_Matt,

Yes, it's a bit of a drive, but it's not until Sunday so you COULD make it, yes? Heck, Google Earth says "it's only 598 miles @ 8hours & 51 minutes." ;-)

But really, tell me about long drives: When I lived in Galveston (2008-2013), I'd make yearly "Christmas trips" back to El Paso and ABQ to visit friends & family. Yes, a VERY long (and often boring scenery-wise) round trip.

Did the same when I lived in Colorado Springs, CO, and that trip was not whole lot shorter mileage-wise.

Seriously though: Why not look into having "CC Get-Togethers" in YOUR location? You don't HAVE to do OC events, and there's no reason people who exclusively CC can't get a regular (monthly?) get-together going.

Besides, hardly anyone OCs anyway (something I AM trying to change) but there should be lots of CCers around in Taylor who could attend your events (or CCers here in ELP) if they want to.

I encourage every member of Texas Gun Talk to think about being the "activist" (vs. doing nothing) and get SOME sort of get-together -- preferably on a regular basis -- wherever they live. IMO, we need to be more engaged in "the cause" (pro-gun agenda/RKBA/2nd Amendment/Self-Defense issues) and it helps if you don't feel like you're all alone/Lone Wolf doing it. Too many "gun-owners" (besides the fact that most "gun-owners" are liberals) do absolutely nothing except read/post in forums (if even THAT much).

DOING something locally, ANYTHING, would be a major improvement -- and would help ALL of us "gun people" collectively.

Regards,

-- BR

Last edited:

BillRedding

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2017
    Colorado Springs, CO
    "We" have the location info: Village Inn (Montana & Airways).

As already stated, it's this coming Sunday @ 2:00pm...and despite the "serious" winds the weather people are predicting for the weekend.

kirk10100,

Sorry you can't make this one. As for the next one, I can't now say there will or won't be a "next one" as it depends on how this one goes. ;-)

Later then,

-- BR

Top Bottom