Join TexasGunTalk

Any OCers (OpenCarriers) in ELP...beside me?

Discussion in 'El Paso' started by BillRedding, Jan 29, 2017.

1. BillRedding

BillRedding Member

Jan 29, 2017
    El Paso, TX (Westside)
    P.S.

Talking about Starbucks, I just saw this article on "Black Rifle Coffee" (had never heard of them before):

https://www.aol.com/article/news/20...american/21709154/?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000058&

"We hold true to our values as conservative, pro-military, pro-law enforcement, and pro-2nd Amendment American citizens and never waiver in those values in order to simply make the maximum amount of profit," executive vice president and COO Scott Bollinger writes in his bio on the company website."

It doesn't say whether they allow OCers there or not...I would assume so given what he said anyway.

Oops! I just went to their website and saw an OCer in a picture there...I guess that answers the question. ;-)

http://www.blackriflecoffee.com/

...but sadly, from what I can gather they don't have any coffee-shops to go to!

-- BR

Last edited: Feb 8, 2017
  2. kirk10100

kirk10100 Active Member

Dec 21, 2011
    El Paso
    Good points but if I go to Denny's or VI I will order a skillet or some other high caloric fatty dish. As you can tell, I have a problem with tasty food that's not good for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. tC_Matt

tC_Matt Active Member

Jan 13, 2016
    Don't we all lol

4. BillRedding

BillRedding Member

Jan 29, 2017
    El Paso, TX (Westside)
    Guys,

We can choose any place to meet/eat you want, not only Village Inn, IHOP & Denny's. I just mentioned them because since *I* don't eat out, those are the places I can go take up a table all by myself, just have coffee (not quite the Big Spender but I tip well) and use their WiFi -- and not get kicked out! ;-)

So you guys can choose a place you all can agree on/prefer and it'll be fine with me...that is, as long as I can OC there and it isn't posted.

This website shows LOTS of pansy businesses that have caved-in to liberal extremists (such as "Mad Moms") and have posted no OC there:

http://momsdemandaction.org/campaigns/texas-businesses-say-no-to-open-carry/

...I saw Safeway on the list: That's weird because I'd OC every time I went to Safeways in CO, and I've been to LOTS of them up there. Never an issue. So I'm not sure how accurate the list or even if it's current/being updated.

So that's another reason I go to VI, IHOP & D's: None have ever said anything about my OCing, nor have I seen any signs posted at their front door.

Anyway, feel free to decide where you want to go,

-- BR

Last edited: Feb 9, 2017
  5. kirk10100

kirk10100 Active Member

Dec 21, 2011
    El Paso
    That's an awful lot of places on the list
    Heck I'm open to go wherever. Rudys is also a good option.

6. Jack Ryan

Jack Ryan Active Member

That looks like a Glock isn't it?

7. tC_Matt

tC_Matt Active Member

Jan 13, 2016
    Yupp! Glock 21! If I'm OC'ing I'm carrying either my 20 or 21. If I'm CC'ing it's usually my 19. But I always have my 43 as a backup

8. BillRedding

BillRedding Member

Jan 29, 2017
    El Paso, TX (Westside)
    I also carry a BUG (BackUpGun), but in .380ACP.

My primary is 9mm.

-- BR

9. tC_Matt

tC_Matt Active Member

Jan 13, 2016
    I'll occasionally carry my LCP as my BUG. Really just depends on the day. Great little gun. I really want the lcp2

10. BillRedding

BillRedding Member

Jan 29, 2017
    El Paso, TX (Westside)
    Well, guys, I guess enough time has passed waiting for responses (here and via PMs), so now to pick a date/time/place.

I usually do these events Sunday afternoons (2:00pm or so) when it's pretty dead (customer-wise) and as mentioned earlier, @ a Denny's/Village Inn/IHOP. Also as mentioned, I feel more confident about these places not freaking-out just SEEING a gun (so far, so good here in ELP) when someone OCs there (or being posted against it), as I'm not sure about other "real" restaurants (including Rudy's corporate "gun policy"). After all, since I (for sure) will be OCing, if I show up and find out a place IS posted, then I won't be able to attend "my" own event and will have to leave! ;-)

Additionally, since I go to these places alone anyway, if no one shows up for an event it's not a complete waste of my time/effort to be there! ;-)

I'm thinking this Sunday (2-26-16) @ one of these places depending on where in El Paso you live -- I don't mind driving from the Westside as I'm a "Have gun, will travel" kind of guy. ;-)

So here are the 3 locations to choose from:

-- Westside: Village Inn (Mesa & Sunland Park)
    -- Eastside: Village Inn (Montana & Airways)
    -- Northeast: Denny's (Transmountain & Loop 375)

Let me know which part of town you prefer and we can confirm the location for Sunday.

As always, OCers, CCers and anyone interested in carrying (however you want to do it) or info/tips about the LTC Class -- or just general info re: being more serious about one's personal/family self-defense plan (taking responsibility for one's own safety vs. relying on others for your protection, like 911, (aka: Dial-a-Prayer) -- are welcome. We discuss numerous topics re: carrying, self-defense gun choices, "gun legislation/laws" and such. And of course, meet other carriers. :-)

Presently, these are just informal getherings, with no planned agenda/presentation.

For now then, it's this Sunday @ 2:00pm...location awaits responses here or, I'll pick one and post it here for everyone's info.

No RSVP necessary -- just show up...when we decide WHERE! ;-)

-- BR

Last edited: Feb 21, 2017