• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2009
    Tyler, TX
    I just saw the Tyler gun show thread and wonder if you any locals need a shooting buddy. I'm new to Tyler and I just don't anything about the area gunwise.

Thanks!
    Target Sports

kingofwylietx

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    There is a shooting range (Shooters I think) on the Loop in Tyler. I go there when I am in town. I only get to Tyler every 10 weeks or so, but it seems to be a nice area. I have a good customer that has invited to take me to the rifle & pistol club near Longview, I need to take him up on that some day.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    I shoot at the gun range we have here on the ranch (indoor) and at the Winnsboro Gun Club in Winnsboro. I'm just 25-30 miles north of Tyler.

jktri101

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    East Texas
    Hey Al,

I was in Tyler last year, however I am not there anymore. Now I am a little bit closer to Longview, but I still go to Tyler on a pretty regular basis. I have shot IDPA style competitions at both 31 west range in Tyler, and ETRP in Longview. They are both nice ranges, now I just need to find the time and the money to shoot more often. I plan on shooting this weekend in Longview if you are interested. What kind of shooting do you do Al?

Take it easy

jktri

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2009
    Tyler, TX
    Hi jktri, I'm a GSSF (Glock Sport Shooting Foundation) member and have been at their matches every year. I'm more of a range hound...AR15s and Glocks are mostly what I shoot.

If you're around my parts, then I'd be more happy to meet up.

I think there's a show in Longview as we speak, but the rain makes me want to stay in.

okie556

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Longview, TX
    Hi jktri, I'm a GSSF (Glock Sport Shooting Foundation) member and have been at their matches every year. I'm more of a range hound...AR15s and Glocks are mostly what I shoot.

If you're around my parts, then I'd be more happy to meet up.

I think there's a show in Longview as we speak, but the rain makes me want to stay in.

Yeah.............yucky out today (Saturday). I plan on going on Sunday but hey there is a show in Tyler next weekend as well.

PopsXD9sc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Longview
    Rain cancelled the action pistol match at the range today (at least as far as I know) so went to the Gun show instead. Not a lot of large vendor there but did manage to get some badly needed powder for the AR. Maybe Tyler will be better next week. Schramm's is usually there and I'm looking for a new range gun.

chopper

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    east tx
    I am new to this site but am in the white oak/ longview area.
    are there any indoor ranges in tyler?
    and are there any places to work on low light/ tatical drills?

Bigryan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    East Texas
    i am new to the site myself, i am From just south of Tyler, Tx... there is a indoor range, LockNLoad its a little high too shoot at but overall a nice place...i dont go there that often but have a few times..

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2009
    Tyler, TX
    I had just check out Lock N Load right off the Loop. Pretty cool spot. I was the only one there with my AR15 and Glock 27 carry. The pistol side is really advanced in technology when sending out your target: Basically type in the number 4 and number of feet you want to send it out. At the rifle section on the right, you just have to make sure the range is cold before going out to check your holes.

FYI guys, this is going on this weekend: Anyone want to meet up?
    [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Location:[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Harvey Hall Convention Center[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Date:[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]January 23 - 24, 2010
    [/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Show Hours:[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Sat 9-5 Sun 10-4[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Entry Fee:[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]$6[/FONT] [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]FREE PARKING[/FONT]

swsmailman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    East Texas
    Just got on the site like 5 minutes ago, And I am a resident of Tyler, plan on going to the show Saturday, going to be looking for stuff for my future mossberg 500 purchase.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2009
    Tyler, TX
    I picked this up at the Harvey Hall show yesterday: Korean Military 31 round Glock mag in .40S&W.

40SW31rounder009jpg.jpg

swsmailman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    East Texas
    Nice purchase Al, how much you pay.

I was going to the show until I got asked to work a 16 hour shift saturday and sunday so I decided I wanted the money instead of spending it.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2009
    Tyler, TX
    I got it for $29...yes I know there are better deals out there, but I wanted to support my local gun show. Plus they had it in .40S&W which is what I mainly shoot. It was my first one here in Tyler.

Parking was free and only $6 at the door. I went around 10am, line was only 5 minutes and inside was packed. I circled around each vendor to find the best deals and found a really good magazine vendor who had almost $2-10 less than other merchants.

More gun stuff compared to jewelry, woodcarvings, etc.

I'd go again. Next time we can meet up swsmailman.

okie556

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Longview, TX
    I got it for $29...yes I know there are better deals out there, but I wanted to support my local gun show. Plus they had it in .40S&W which is what I mainly shoot. It was my first one here in Tyler.

Parking was free and only $6 at the door. I went around 10am, line was only 5 minutes and inside was packed. I circled around each vendor to find the best deals and found a really good magazine vendor who had almost $2-10 less than other merchants.

More gun stuff compared to jewelry, woodcarvings, etc.

I'd go again. Next time we can meet up swsmailman.

I made it to the show Saturday morning, found and traded for a Yildiz O/U shotgun I had been looking for. Found a dealer with a Taurus 709 Slim with a stainless slide for $369.00. I left with out buying and have been kicking myself...............had the money.........should have bought!

Top Bottom