• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swsmailman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    East Texas
    Not bad Al, I love that glock, plan on getting one for my 21st bday instead of going to a bar and blowing money. Going to have to save the date for the next show that comes through so I can remember to go.

Al, you ever go to Gander and look through their guns?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2009
    Tyler, TX
    Nope, I've just moved to Tyler this month and don't know my way around yet. If you're looking for any Glock at a great price ($398.20 for a G17) check out GSSF. Glock Sport Shooting Foundation is a Glock competition club that gives its members a coupon for discounted Glocks at selected dealers.

I've pretty much bought all my Glocks through them and compete at their matches.

Speaking of checking out guns, Noonday Gun Trader has a great selection and the folks there are really nice.

PopsXD9sc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Longview
    Noonday is one of the best gun shops around. Like Al said; great selection and prices seem to be very, very competitive. Beats anything we have in Longview.

kingofwylietx

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    Aw - man.......now ya'll post up about Noonday. I was in Tyler today....dang, if I had only known. I'll be here in the area till Thursday, so I'll have to try and get over there tomorrow.

swsmailman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    East Texas
    I keep forgetting about noonday gun trader, It is like a 10 minute or less drive out of tyler, depends on the traffic in tyler for me to get around to 155, Ill have to go there tomorrow and see what they have.

swsmailman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    East Texas
    Um after 3, I got a class from 1:30-2:30 or so. After I get out of that I am going to head home and hopefully pick up my shipment from amazon (gerber survival knife) and then head out that way.

Edit: I checked the tracking and wont get here until the 28th, and i might have to go straight home after class, I might be upgrading my tv tomorrow so ill have to be there. Ill update though.

kingofwylietx

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    I won't be out there till later tomorrow. I will probably have dinner with a client tomorrow night, so it will be after that, probably 7-ish. If I don't have dinner with my client, I'll be there around 5-5:30. I [apparently] was right by it today. I was heading South to Gander Mtn and saw Walmart......then I thought to myself 'hey, I bet everyone over here uses Gander & Academy for ammo.....I should swing into this Walmart'. Well, it paid off. They had 7 boxes of 100 round Winchester white box .45acp ($34). They also had a bunch of 100 round 9mm Winchester white box (approx $22). I picked up a couple boxes of 9mm and all 7 boxes of .45acp. It was my lucky day.

ThePsychologist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2009
    Rocky Point , Texas
    I really like Noonday Gun. Good selection , friendly folks. I bought a Ruger LCP and a Taurus Judge from them . If you go a few miles south of them on 155 stop in at High Noon Mercantile and look around at their guns. If you are adventurous , keep going to Frankston and head down FM 19 to Kickapoo Guns and buy you a beautiful Arsenal Bulgaria Milled AK-47. Oh wait... too late ! I bought it. hahaa. Has anyone been to Hot Rod Arms in Tyler?

swsmailman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    East Texas
    Nope, but I am going to check it out, It is like right down the street from me, I never knew it was a gun place, I thought it was some kind of car shop. Found out it was a gun place from the 31 West gun range website.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2009
    Tyler, TX
    Hot Rod is pretty cool. They have some good AR15 parts to help on your builds, but don't have a huge selection...it looks like they just open.

I may be free after 4pm.

swsmailman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    East Texas
    Al, I will also be free after 4pm.

So this morning after my appt. I went out to Gander and guess what I found and may be buying today before it is gone.

A Mosin Nagant round receiver with matching numbers and in pretty good condition for 129.00 with the accessory bundle. There is another one with also matching numbers but in not so good condition. Both are 129.00

I thought that if I bought from someone like AIM surplus, after shipping, the transfer fee of 25.00 and such that it may be more than what I could get from Gander.

After Gander I ran out to Noonday Gun Trader and looked through there selection of Mossberg. Found a 500 with a hunting barrel and defense barrel, regular stock and pistol grip stock for 325 or 365 i can't remember which. That is probably a better than buying the stock one that gander has. Noonday has a amazing selection of rifles, loved there selection of ARs.

Edit: It is 5:40pm, I just got back from buying one of the Mosin Nagants from Gander, total with two boxes of brown bear is 147.00 taxes made it 160.00

PopsXD9sc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Longview
    Congrats on the Mosin; didn't know Gander sold such things. They scare me off with their high prices.

What kind of hours do they keep at Hot Rod? I go by there every time I am in Tyler and they are never open. Just my luck.

kingofwylietx

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    Man, I almost ran out there tonight......plus, that would have put me close enough to eat at Johnny's Pizza in Whitehouse.........I love their pizza. However, not wanting to drive from Longview to Tyler for pizza......I gotta look up some place to eat. I had Jucy's Burger last night. It was pretty good, but I still want to try Butcher Shop Bakery.

swsmailman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    East Texas
    The Mosins where in on the used gun rack, but they are not bought from someone that just brought them in, Gander purchased them from a surplus, I got one that was still sealed in the box and has cosmoline all over it, which now its disassemble on my kitchen table and simple paper towel cleaned until i can get some better stuff to get the cosmoline off. And FYI the one's you buy do NOT have a sling for it, which made me a little upset cause now I have to find one. But they do have the tool kit, oilier, bayonet, and ammo pouch.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2009
    Tyler, TX
    Great job dude, I actually made it out to Gander around 6pm tonight. And I did see that rack you were talking about; it's right next to their 50% second ammo box rack.

swsmailman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    East Texas
    Great job dude, I actually made it out to Gander around 6pm tonight. And I did see that rack you were talking about; it's right next to their 50% second ammo box rack.

Aw man, You like just missed me, I left at around 5:45. And yea, bought two boxes of ammo for it, 8 for the first and 4 for the other (one is Soft Point and the other is FMJ which surprised me, since they were different) but i need to find a good surplus of the ammo. 8 for a box is just to much compared to getting like 900 rounds for like 100 bucks.

Called my dad to tell him and he is thinking about getting one now.

PopsXD9sc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Longview
    Man, I almost ran out there tonight......plus, that would have put me close enough to eat at Johnny's Pizza in Whitehouse.........I love their pizza. However, not wanting to drive from Longview to Tyler for pizza......I gotta look up some place to eat. I had Jucy's Burger last night. It was pretty good, but I still want to try Butcher Shop Bakery.

Jucy's has the Butcher Shop beat unless you try the CFS. Pizza? Pizza King on hwy 80. El Sombrero on McCann is pretty good Mexican-real Mexican; not Tex Mex.

ThePsychologist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2009
    Rocky Point , Texas
    Hot Rod Arms is closed on SAT./SUN so I rarely get there. If you want to eat great Pizza , burgers , Chicken Fried Steaks just drive south of Gander Mountain a few miles and turn west on a small road to Gresham.At the intersection is a little hole in the wall called the Half Moon. Best food , coldest beer , jukebox , pool table and you can smoke! Yes you heard me. Smoke a cigarette with your beer inside. Not behind the dumpster. Tell the bartender Wendy that I said hello.

Top Bottom