Hurley's Gold

Any USPS employees or Postal inspectors.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mroper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Katy, TX
    Yes I have gone to the USPS tracking. I am not saying it is a forged tracking number. My belief is that it was obtained by the scammer some way. here is tracking . Why is not not showing in my Informed Delivery ?

Tracking Number: 9400109206094857458535​

Your item was delivered in or at the mailbox at 6:33 pm on June 8, 2022 in KATY, TX 77494.
    USPS Tracking Plus® Available

Status​

Delivered, In/At Mailbox

June 8, 2022 at 6:33 pm
    KATY, TX 77494

Here is my informed delivery for packages
    Not sharing my mail pieces ad it contains too much info plus what I ordered would not be an envelope.

JUN
    image of delivery status

Delivered at 6:08 pm

SHOPIFY
    9400 1112 0207 9391 3657 06

Delivered
    Delivered, Front Door/Porch
    Jun 04, 2022 at 6:08 pm

MAY
    image of delivery status

Delivered at 2:01 pm

STAMPS.COM
    9400 1112 0250 8086 2695 98

Delivered
    Delivered, In/At Mailbox
    May 26, 2022 at 2:01 pm

Last Updated Jun 10 11:36 AM CST
    reload image Reload
    Gun Zone Deals

Wiliamr

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Austin
    Here is the tracking history for this parcel. Interesting it does not show in the informed delivery. That one you might have to call Kathy PO, good luck getting anyone who actually knows how the system works.

June 8, 2022, 6:33 pm
    Delivered, In/At Mailbox
    KATY, TX 77494
    Your item was delivered in or at the mailbox at 6:33 pm on June 8, 2022 in KATY, TX 77494.

June 8, 2022
    In Transit to Next Facility

June 8, 2022, 8:42 am
    Arrived at Post Office
    KATY, TX 77494

June 7, 2022, 7:09 pm
    Departed USPS Regional Destination Facility
    NORTH HOUSTON TX DISTRIBUTION CENTER

June 5, 2022, 1:33 pm
    Arrived at USPS Regional Destination Facility
    NORTH HOUSTON TX DISTRIBUTION CENTER

June 3, 2022, 7:29 pm
    Departed USPS Regional Origin Facility
    MID CAROLINA-CHARLOTTE NC DISTRIBUTION CENTER

June 3, 2022, 7:26 pm
    Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility
    MID CAROLINA-CHARLOTTE NC DISTRIBUTION CENTER

June 3, 2022, 6:11 pm
    Accepted at USPS Origin Facility
    WAXHAW, NC 28173

May 25, 2022, 11:36 am
    Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item
    WAXHAW, NC 28173

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I've had stuff delivered which said "left at door", and it was at my back gate.
    Also had stuff delivered which said "handed directly to individual", and it was in mailbox.

Also, just plain delivered to wrong address.

ETA: Above were Amazon deliveries, but just goes to show it's up to the individual.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    The post office runs like, well, the post office - a typical government run disorganization. There are good people working there (thank goodness) but there are also some slackers and "managers". Dealing with them can be very frustrating.

I have a neighbor that does electronic security for place like hospitals. He has excellent security cameras. One day the postal worker delivered a package containing delicate electronic parts. When she got to the front of his house, she realized that the row of bushes blocked her way. Instead of going around, she tossed the package about 15 feet, over the bushes and onto the front step. He turned in a complaint, along with the video. Next day, same worker showed up with a package, this time cursing at the door and throwing a package from a short distance. He turned in the new video - with sound. As far as I know, she still has a job.

My wife had a package that the PO listed as delivered. She talked to our regular mailman (great guy) and he dug around for a couple of weeks and finally found it at the PO.

I had a package of .45 ACP bullets delivered, and most of the bullets were gone. The supplier packaged the bullets inside of thick plastic bags, then put those inside a wooden box, then packed the wooden box in a cardboard box. Someone who probably thought it was loaded ammo ripped open the cardboard box, broke into the wooden box, and slit open the plastic bags. The box was delivered looking like dogs had chewed it open. The supplier asked me to take the box to the PO, as they had insured delivery, and let the postal inspectors see it so they'd pay. You would have thought I brought in a skunk. Took me 2 hours to get someone to look at it. When they did, the girl spent 10 seconds and just said, "OK, fine." Do you want the box, or do you want to take pictures? No.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Tracking updates are really damn spotty anymore. Magnolia post office - bless their souls - is shit when it comes to properly scanning items or getting them loaded onto the truck properly, and then we have carriers that are hit & miss. We got a new regular carrier recently that is dogshit - spotty delivery times, doesn't deliver mail to the correct address. Our old carrier lived in our neighborhood, we could count on 5 days of solid on-time delivery to the right address. On her day off, we could count on shit getting lost or just never delivered.

I've had packages sit showing "arrived at post office - Magnolia TX" and then *never* get scanned as accepted, out for delivery, etc. Sometimes they sit for a week then just magically appear in the box. I've had packages NOT get delivered at all, with no recourse.

Weirdest lately - I was given tracking on some swimbaits I bought from a tackle shop in Alabama. USPS tracking info. Shit showed up as arriving in the North Houston sorting facility - to be delivered two days later (that seemed odd to me) - then the damn thing gets delivered by *UPS* - I had to scratch my head on that one. It literally had POST OFFICE tracking up to arriving in Houston, then UPS gets it? That was weird. But it did arrive a day earlier than the tracking said it would, and the driver actually handed it directly to me.

I used to count on USPS being the best of the delivery services - because I've had such shit luck with FedEx and UPS - but now Amazon is about the only one you can rely on, unless they mail shit.

mroper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Katy, TX
    Sorry Williamr I did not want to make this a bashing of USPS folks. I honestly think they did their job here. In my Opinion I honestly think that some how the vendor got hold of this tracking number and provided it to paypal. I have heard stories from other folks about this. Folks who peruse the dark web, I wonder if you could hunt around and see if you see USPS tracking numbers for Sale.

Wiliamr

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Austin
    When I started back in the 70's, we had a share of slackers, but most of the Carriers I knew took the job seriously. The sanctity of the mail was paramount. We knew our customers, the routes, knew who needed special attention (sick, invalid) and while management was big on time pressure and delivery speed (they used to measure our paces per minute on walking routes and heaven help you if you were not walking at least 100 paces a minute)we were allowed time to do the job properly. The the paces per got shut down, and as more and more computer driven data measurement took over, supervisors who had only been at PO for a few months (cause no one else would do the job) and the lazy don't want to be in the heat and cold and delivering mail 10 - 12 hours a day and forced in on days off delivery took a drop in quality..

Now, the system is really messed up. Hiring of non-career people, poor management, pressure to skip proper delivery protocols all have worked to turn the delivery process into a real mess. Not necessarily everywhere, but more and more common as subdivisions take over, and as a lot of new subdivisions are given to rural carriers because the territory had historically been rural delivery, and rural carriers are mostly temp hires now.

As far as tracking numbers being for sale, I cant swear it is not possible, but since tracking numbers are only generated when a parcel is logged into the delivery system and tied to that delivery address it would be very improbable. You could try to use an old number when you mail a parcel, but you would have to have a program to generate a mailing label that you could specify the number. Not impossible, but once that parcel would be scanned at a mail processing plant, it would kicked out of the mail stream, side lined for investigation for contraband, lack of postage etc. The system would flag that parcel as having already been in the system and the tracking number would send up alarms ( think back to after 9-11 and people trying to mail anthrax, etc) Looking at the tracking history on yours it looks correct, nothing unusual. I really think it was misdelivered to similar number and or stolen from your porch etc.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    This doesn't help, but I had a book from Moscow, Russia end up in Vermont somewhere according to USPS tracking. After a day or two of no action, I called that post office and a nice lady was actually able to find it and send it on its way to Texas. I was never sure why it ended up in Vermont, and could only wonder how long it would have stayed there had I not called.

That isn't a dig at the post office, we get a lot of packages via the mail and I can't remember when the last time one got lost. Considering the volume they handle, I would say their delivery rate is impressive. It can and will never be perfect, but for the most part the greatest inconvenience most suffer are packages showing up a day or two later than originally expected.

Speaking of which, many times USPS tracking will show an item has been delivered a day or two before it actually is. I don't know why that happens, but it's common as people always complain about missing items on our neighborhood Facebook page only to have them show up the next day or two. I would try working backwards from the last stop before it went out for delivery. There had to have been a stop after the North Houston Distribution Center. Also try talking with your courier, he/she might remember where it went. Either way, don't give up just yet; unless you are certain it was the seller ripping you off but honestly I don't see how they could have manipulated a package through the USPS tracking system like that!

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    Speaking of which, many times USPS tracking will show an item has been delivered a day or two before it actually is. I don't know why that happens, but it's common as people always complain about missing items on our neighborhood Facebook page only to have them show up the next day or two.
    Contracts. Especially the ones with UPS, FedEx, Amazon, etc.

Wiliamr

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Austin
    Brains does have an angle on the delivery scans - USPS has contracts with UPS, FedEx, Amazon, DHL, for what is called final mile delivery. Basicly those shippers drop ship pallets of parcels shrink wrapped at loading docks of stations and mail processing centers, where those are broken down and put on either conveyors to run through automated scanners at the processing centers or larger stations that have those machines. Smaller stations and POs manually scan and errors in button pressing can cause parcels to look like they are scanned.
    Manual scanner:
    1654960543761.png

Larger parcel scanner:
    1654960640611.png

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    Smaller stations and POs manually scan and errors in button pressing can cause parcels to look like they are scanned.

Errors.jpg

There's **FAR** too many shall we say 'instances' for it to not be intentional. We tried it at work for a while, the rate of "errors" was higher than we could tolerate, so we've adjusted our rates and went back to common carrier standard ground delivery for most small parcel.

When I say it's due to contracts, it's because the USPS doesn't want to (on paper) exceed the delivery window and ultimately lose the revenue. So when USPS cannot actually make the delivery on time, they'll just say they did. More likely they just scan everything as delivered before it's sorted to the mail trucks. The private carriers and the customers obviously know the shenanigans, but as long as people are willing to select the cheaper last mile option it will continue. USPS will offer nothing, and UPS/FedEx just answer customer complaints with "if you need guaranteed delivery, we have those options at a higher cost".

Wiliamr

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Austin
    Your tax dollars at work propping up failure.
    Wrong.
    The USPS does not get any tax dollars. That ended back in 1974 with the Postal Reorganization Act. The only tax money the USPS gets is for mail for the blind mailings and any mailings from Congressional members.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Wrong.
    The USPS does not get any tax dollars. That ended back in 1974 with the Postal Reorganization Act. The only tax money the USPS gets is for mail for the blind mailings and any mailings from Congressional members.
    Except for the bail outs which is what I'm referring to.

Sounds like you're drinking some tasty kool aid.

To the tune on 18 billion a year and consistently ask for 75 billion bailout.

They got 10 billion for covid relief.

They got 107 billion in march.

ETA, at this rate what's the difference. Let the go under and give everything to amazon or musk to reorganize. You just wont be paying whatever the stamp price is anymore.

They are going to need even more money due to buying inefficient vehicles and Brandon's gas tax.

Last edited:

mroper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Katy, TX
    So I finally spoke with Customer service at the post office. My theory was correct. The package was never Destined for My address or delivered to my address. The item weighs 4 ounces the item I purchased should have been pounds. The CS lady said that this is happening more frequently. She said Paypal has to contact them and they will tell them the same thins they told me. So the Post office did it's Job as I always surmised. Paypal said they go by the tracking. So these scammers know this and are abusing it. I am now trying to get Paypal to contact the post office

Wiliamr

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Austin
    Interesting. Thanks for the update. I think I will try to find out how they can scam the intake system.
    Right now, all I have is they get you to buy something from their bogus auction or sale site. They pocket your money and send the item off using the address they intended to send it to the whole time.
    Pretty clean way to mail contraband items with hard way to track them down, but the buyer is easily found.
    Will find something out.

mroper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Katy, TX
    Interesting. Thanks for the update. I think I will try to find out how they can scam the intake system.
    Right now, all I have is they get you to buy something from their bogus auction or sale site. They pocket your money and send the item off using the address they intended to send it to the whole time.
    Pretty clean way to mail contraband items with hard way to track them down, but the buyer is easily found.
    Will find something out.
    I will give you some more info. I bought this item off of a facebook ad, not marketplace It is not anything contraband. How I think this works is when a case us made they are buying tracking numbers off the dark web and provide them to paypal . I just spoke with Paypal. they guys says he gets these call two or three times a day. He is going to verify my info with the post office. then refund my money.

Wiliamr

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Austin
    I figured from all you had posted you bought something legit, but the seller scammed you and used that number to mail something less than legit using your purchase to gain a mailer number for paypal. Postal inspectors seem to think this is one way that lots of drugs and firearms are being mailed with little to connect seller to buyer or to the actual item itself.

Top Bottom