Venture Surplus ad

Anyone else shoot 45acp better than 9mm?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Iirc, the most mechanically accurate glock was (back in the gen 3/4 days) the glock 26
    This matches my recollection of the common wisdom for stock Glocks, i.e. that the smallest of each model is the most accurate. This is reasonable. All else being equal, short barrels are always more accurate than long barrels.

Of course, all else is NEVER equal. :)

I know I have a 21SF with a frame-mounted optics rail and it's consistently good. It's not the most accurate pistol I own. Not even close. But for its type, it's awfully good, consistently so, and easy to shoot, to boot. It lives in the living room, next to where I sit to watch TV. That should give folks an idea of how much I trust it.

As for the OP's question, I think almost no one is capable of determining the accuracy limits of a particular cartridge in normal shooting. Any apparent difference won't be due to the cartridge (assuming reasonably competent ammo) but will be entirely due to the synergy between shooter and firearm.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    No thanks. I'll stick with guns that are comfortable in my hand instead. Glock's grip angle is weird.

They are weird indeed. I honestly, truely wish Para Ordnance was still in business. A 14-45 single action alloy frame, with a rail and an optic-cut slide would be pretty damn spiffy. I had one of their early 90's vintage 14-45s and it was a champ. Never a hiccup, ate laquer coated wolff, ate other weird stuff that would choke other 1911's, it loved Cor Bon hollow points and whatever finish they used back then was as good or better than most guns have today - I used that gun a lot out in the PNW woods hiking, fishing (including wade fishing) and never had any rust problems.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    They are weird indeed. I honestly, truely wish Para Ordnance was still in business. A 14-45 single action alloy frame, with a rail and an optic-cut slide would be pretty damn spiffy. I had one of their early 90's vintage 14-45s and it was a champ. Never a hiccup, ate laquer coated wolff, ate other weird stuff that would choke other 1911's, it loved Cor Bon hollow points and whatever finish they used back then was as good or better than most guns have today - I used that gun a lot out in the PNW woods hiking, fishing (including wade fishing) and never had any rust problems.

My Rock Island has never choked on anything - no jams, no FTF's. I'm always tempted to try something else in .45ACP but haven't had the opportunity. As far as all the .45 and 9mm pistols I've tried, the Glock grip angle is still just wrong. I can hit what I aim at with a Glock, but I don't enjoy it as much.

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    This matches my recollection of the common wisdom for stock Glocks, i.e. that the smallest of each model is the most accurate. This is reasonable. All else being equal, short barrels are always more accurate than long barrels.

Of course, all else is NEVER equal. :)

I know I have a 21SF with a frame-mounted optics rail and it's consistently good. It's not the most accurate pistol I own. Not even close. But for its type, it's awfully good, consistently so, and easy to shoot, to boot. It lives in the living room, next to where I sit to watch TV. That should give folks an idea of how much I trust it.

As for the OP's question, I think almost no one is capable of determining the accuracy limits of a particular cartridge in normal shooting. Any apparent difference won't be due to the cartridge (assuming reasonably competent ammo) but will be entirely due to the synergy between shooter and firearm.

But I shoot all my 45s better than any of my 9s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth

My dads got a para p14-45 before they were called p14-45… it’s an absolute tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom