• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TAVM

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2014
    I'm not what you would call a hardcore doomsday "prepper"--but as time goes on I'm starting to think more about at the very least preparing for social unrest and/or a break in the continuity of public services like water, food, policing, and etc. As we all know, there's better safety in numbers, and in small groups people can leverage each other's varying skills.

So I'm curious...has anyone here thought about creating a group? One where folks can get together to improve their odds of surviving any break in our current standard of living?

Younggun

Ginger Avenger
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Better be real sure of those you put in your inner circle, people tend to change when SHTF.

The level of stress would be higher than most have ever experienced, that causes conflict and short tempers. Some people will snap, others will step up, some will become very callous an cold, others will want to help every lost soul with nothing to eat.

Yes, I've considered it and how the people I know would work out. Some I discount because I don't think they could handle it, others because they have family members whose actions I believe would endanger my family. Don't forget that more people also means more food, more water, and more opportunity for conflict within your circle.

Whatever you decide, make plans now because IF it ever happens it will be too late to figure everything out.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I agree with YG. You better know who you are grouping up with.

There will always be a percentage that show up with absolutely nothing but feel entitled because they are part of the group.

Support

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
    silencers
    DK Firearms
    Tyrant Designs
    Every Day Man
    Shroud
    Shroud
    Weapon displays
    Ammo

Forum statistics