• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • The_Hammer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 3, 2013
    Re: First AR build

I'm just looking to meet some new people who share the same interests as me.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    Suggest you go by R&M Firearms, on the western edge of El Campo. This is a great gun shop. As they are very busy weekends and during hunting season(s), try to go during the week. Also, be advised that they sometimes close early in off season, especially on Saturday. Ask to speak with Ronnie, introduce yourself, & tell him what you are wanting to do. Ronnie "knows everyone", and should be able to steer you to those with similar interests The other gun shop, on US 59, near Wharton Airport, is not nearly as friendly or as well-stocked. And, I suggest you always buy something when visiting any gun shop; if just a box of ammo or flashlight batteries. Gun shops are over-run wit those ho "kick tires", waste their time seeking advice, but then go buy from Academy where advice and service are non-existent. Good Luck !

The_Hammer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 3, 2013
    I know Ronnie over at R&M, bought my first rifle (10/22) from him back when his shop was in EC over by Gatti's.

Carroll's sucks ass. It always feels like they want you to buy something and gtfo. Their gun smith is pretty good though. He did the trigger job on my SR1911 and it breaks like glass.

The problem I to run in to around here is people wanting to see who's ass is blacker. Most people I meet around here use firearms as a status symbol. It goes like this: Guy #1 "yeah, I just dropped $3k on a Wilson Combat the other day". Guy #2 "Meh, I bought the $4k version but I'm thinking about getting the $6k Nighthawk" :what:

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    Hammer, that's pretty much everywhere, isn't it ? Some people go to gun shops just to show-off or to try to start arguments. "Goes with the territory", I guess.

Top Bottom