• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GPtwins

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Sachse, Tx
    Sorry, mute. Yes processed sugar is a killer. The closer to natural the better. Honey is better than sugar Sugar is better than modified sugar. Modified sugar is better than a chemical substitute.

Choose the beat option you can.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    heck when I look back at my ancestors and find pictures of them from the turn of the century, everybody was skinny as hell compared to what you see on the street today. Obese people just were not around I guess.

Monsanto, McDonalds, and remote control TVs were in the distant future.

Yep, took a lot more personal expenditure of energy to feed yourself in those days.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    I use brown sugar.
    Not any better for you than white, but I find I use less, and I like the taste.

(here's your opening, Sterling...)

Rebel

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 20, 2014
    I order unsweet tea and put Sweet N Low in it.

And I drink it while eating BBQ.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I posted earlier that I never drink soda or sugar filled juices of any kind. Gave up "pop" probably 2 decades ago. But eliminating sugar is a lot more complicated than stopping soda intake!

As I get older and hopefully, smarter, I see how my body reacts to what I eat. Thirst and lots of Pee, tell me that what I ate has too much sugar content. My kidneys try to flush the sugar out and my body will scrounge water from any place that can spare it. The worst cases result in dehydration and I feel like Hell! I recognize the signs from long ago and know that this has been an issue for my entire life!

Carbs are nothing more than sugar to me and I can tell within a few hours from the thirst/peeing what the reaction of my body was to what I ate. The logical reaction would be to eliminate ALL of the food groups other than protein. Then, you crap concrete blocks and tear up your tender parts. That's a terrible solution.

The trick is to eat the protein that breaks down slowly into sugar then toss in some more stuff that will keep the poop system working well, too.

I had to eliminate all rice and wheat from my diet for the identical reason. They break down into sugar very rapidly and cause a huge thirst/pee unbalance. I ate a bowl of Rice Chex every morning and couldn't last 30 minutes between pee sessions. My body was in crisis trying to dump the sugar and it continued for hours. The same thing happened with Wheat Chex. BAD pee problems! Had to GO real often!

Changed to CORN Chex and have found a happy medium! Thirst is under control and pee times are 1-2 hours. I can sleep all night without needing to visit the plumbing. Perfect!

I have a blood glucose meter but hate getting stuck so I don't use it. You can get them on Amazon for about $30. It's much easier to use the thirst/pee test. If you're in a short thirst/pee cycle, you're eating the wrong stuff.

Drug companies know this as they court you as a cash cow customer. One drug advertised on TV says ".........works by removing some sugar from your body." Folks, that's nothing but a diuretic to make you pee and flush sugar from your body.

I refuse to be tied to the medical profession. All they do is sell drugs! I know my body better than they do and the turds don't even listen to me when I tell them how MY body works! Doctors have divided loyalty.....partly to me and partly to the drug companies. I advocate only for myself.

Here's the plan that I started last December and it's well under way, as I write this:

Drop weight (14 pounds so far). I saw a friend yesterday after a long absence. He said, "Man you've lost a LOT of weight! You look great!" (Huge grin from me!)

Keep the carbs to a minimum or at least restricted. If something proves to be troublesome, then ditch it.

Eat "Trail Mix" to keep the pooper going well. It has raisins and small bits of chocolate, but I need some of that.

Take a "Probiotic pill every day (again for pooper maintenance and BOY, do they work!).

Eat a diet of roast chicken/turkey and keep that stable as I search for other foods that work well for ME. (Please refer to the Wolfgang Puck Oven thread in "cooking").

Exercise. The broken toe slowed that down some, but it's much better, today!

Stay away from doctors!

Flash

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Sorry about the long post but this is something that I've focused on for many months.

Forgot to add the salt factor. You must have some sugar. It's the gasoline that your body runs on. Salt screws that up.

I love salty snacks so chips, Cheetos, etc are favorites. The salt content makes you thirsty, increased water flushes out salt AND sugar and you bomb out from losing the good sugar that your body needs to operate on. Salt is a negative factor in maintaining correct sugar levels for your body.

All of those salty items are gone, now. Again, the water input/pee test told me immediately that I was in a sugar crisis. If the water/pee imbalance is great, I need to STOP doing what I was doing!

The problem with sugar in your body is not just about sugar! Salt is a big player, too.

Flash

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2015
    Houston Texas
    I started out a couple weeks back eating dark leaf salads with spinach and I also eating raw vegetables like carrots and broccoli. I don't eat this every day, but am starting to substitute some meals each week.

---

The key to loosing weight remains 90% diet, 10% fitness. This is a great start ---- salads ---- as they tend to cut out nearly 75% of your daily *meal* calorie total, even if you dump ranch dressing on top.

I have always told my clients:

1. Keep fast food to once every two weeks.
    2. Stop eating at 7:30 p.m. each night.
    3. Always eat breakfast.
    4. Drink 4-5 gl of water per day.
    5. DO NOT drink protein drinks. They will create a 'protein belly.'
    6. Work out 5 x week. ---> Find the time.
    7. *Never* eat carbs ( rice, pasta, bread, oatmeal, etc.) for dinner.
    8. Never eat at a buffet. Everytime you do, you s t r e t c h your belly that much further.
    9. Cut out beer. Lots of beer = beer belly.
    9. Stay away from weights in the beginning. Do pushups, pullups, body squats.
    10. Don't quit.

As an old fart I've generally stayed in shape since my diet is pretty clean throughout the week. If you can discipline yourself to the seat of your pants to eat right six out of seven days per week, the bodyfat will roll off your belly like water. The key is not getting a gym membership, but pushing back from the table, staying away from buffets and STOPPING EATING past 7:30 p.m. Starve while your watching t.v. ( even if the wife is stuffing pizza down her gullet ).

Regards,
    Mick

ByrdMan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Wasilla, AK
    ^^^ Good advice there. I just recently slashed my carb intake by about 90%. Gonna weigh in tomorrow and see how I've done for the last 2 weeks. Been working out 5x a week.

Se7en62

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 24, 2015
    That Holler Up Yonder, Texas
    I'm not going to go into details, as my industry is a tumultuous one at that, but I will say I have a little experience in Food & Beverage; Specifically a few years marketing alternative "better for you" food and beverage products.

I HIGHLY recommend educating yourselves in what you eat. One quick way is to watch 3 incredible documentaries that have come out in the past few years: Food, Inc., FedUp, and Forks Over Knives.

Food, Inc. (2008)

Top Bottom