Guns International

Anyone Going to the SAXET Gun Show (6-7 August)?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Since we just had the great gun show weekend before last, I'm not sure if we're going to the monthly SAXET show this weekend (6-7 Aug). Anyone else planning to go?

If there's a few folks wanting to meet up at the usual location beforehand (IHOP at 8am) let us know, otherwise we might just show up later in the day if at all.

Honestly, I've been so busy lately that I could use the sleep; but my son really enjoys going and how can I deny a 14-yr-old some quality father-son time? It won't be too long before he'll be off to college spending all my gun money! :ohnoes:

Cheers! M2

double_r76

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    Cibolo
    I'm shooting a match Saturday morning, so I'll stop in the show that afternoon on my way home... completely covered in sweat and dust. I hope to be in the running for the dirtiest dude at the show award!

-Randy

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I just realized I won't be here for the next SAXET show (but luckily I will be here for the Original SA Gun show later in September! ), so chances are good that we'll go this Saturday, despite everything else we have going on. I don't think we'll be there too long, maybe an hour or two; but if we go we'll be at our usual breakfast location at the usual time!

Cheers! M2

KaliJuan

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 21, 2010
    San Antonio
    Hey Brother Mike, I think Randy and I were hoping to catch up with ya at IHOP for some chow before the show my friend. We'll be there in the AM for sure. Not looking for anything other than ammo, and maybe a pistol, but we shall see . . .

Hope to see you and your son there buddy :)

Take care

- J

Bultx1215

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    Bulverde, TX
    I just found out the other show will be this weekend too. I may only have time to hit one...which would be the better one? Texas or Saxet?

randy_rcr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    San Antonio
    John I may have you come pick me up like the last show, I may be in full zombie mode again. I actually just got off a 12 hour shift and I see another one in my near future.... What's today? August right? Ugh I'm going to bed..

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    The last TGS show I went to was at the Al Jeezera center (whoops, Alzafar) up in Stone Oak. Went with a bunch of friends (as usual) and while it was better than most of their shows, it was still not worth the time and money. I saw a lot of vendors I know who were walking around, they wanted to see how the turnout was before they committed to that show. I don't think many did.

We went to the first Pleasanton show, and while nice it too was pretty small. Other than those two, the rest of the TGS shows I've been to have been complete disappointments. The one that used to be off 410 and Evers, Live Oak, and even the one up in Austin were absolute wastes of time. It finally took one of the Live Oaks shows to cause me to put them on my 'ban list,' they were charging full price for entry but half the venue was rented out for a computer show. Thus, there were half the usual vendors which is not that impressive in the first place. I had just been to the Austin show (the one in the old Target building) and they barely filled a tenth of the floorspace even with the tables spread out wide. That was one of those "in and out in ten minutes" shows for me!

These days, I will make an effort to go to the Original San Antonio Gun Show when it's in town (the on in the Freeman Expo Center) and will usually hit the monthly SAXET show (410 and Marbach) if I can but I don't worry too much if I miss it. It's getting to be the same old thing every month but usually it's the breakfast beforehand and the friends that go to the show that make it worthwhile. It's always fun going to the shows in a group, especially when everyone is trying to spend everyone else's money! "Hey John, weren't you looking for one of these?" "Randy, you can't beat the price on that!" It's almost as much fun as spending your own money!

Cheers! M2

Bultx1215

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    Bulverde, TX
    Good to know. I haven't been to a show in 30 years or so. Just going to look around and see whats happnin. If I see what I am after, I'll snatch it up..if not, Bud's delivers.

Top Bottom