• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    A freind of mine just mentioned reading a story about a guy at the bullethole gunshop somehow shot through the wall and hit a childrens dance instructor in the eye.

I cant seem to find the story as most of the internet is blocked on my work PC.

I kindof think he is pulling my leg but it seems just plausible enough to get me wondering.
    Hurley's Gold

Wolfwood

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    what a night to not bring my laptop!

atleast TGT comes in nice and clear - except for most of the hotlinked images.

jbr24

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2011
    Austin
    wait, found it:

JOURDANTON -- What started off as a normal day at a Jourdanton gymnastics facility, in the 1200 block of Oak Street, turned out to be all but that as a coach would be rushed to a hospital with a gunshot wound to the eye.

Jourdanton Police said a pistol was accidentally shot around 4:15 p.m. from The Bullet Hole gun store that’s adjacent to the gymnastics facility.

Detectives believe the bullet went through wood paneling then bounced off a cinder block wall before striking a gymnastics coach in the eye.

“There's pretty traumatic eye damage done it appeared,” Jourdanton police Chief Eric Kaiser said.

Police aren't releasing the coach’s name, but parents identified him as Joe Gonzalez, of San Antonio.

“All of our kids watched their coach get his head wrapped up, wheeled out on a stretcher and that's not something they're going to forget," one parents said. "It’s traumatizing.”

Police said the victim was airlifted to University Hospital in stable condition.
    Investigators said the gun was fired by an employee at the gun store who claimed he was simply discharging the gun, but didn't realize it was loaded.

“Right now, as it stands, it appears to be an accidental shooting,” Kaiser said.

Regardless, parents are outraged and want the gun store to relocate away from their kids.

“Someone could've ended up dead because negligence of someone who doesn't know how to operate a gun obviously,” said parent Laura Torres.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    FYI....This is not the Bullet Hole in San Antonio. Its in Jourdanton.

and...

The guy was out of the hospital the next day with no loss of vision of permanant eye damage. Pretty amazing.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Inexcusable gun handling! It's just NOT that hard to clear a firearm.

Also...

Regardless, parents are outraged and want the gun store to relocate away from their kids.
    Yes, MY world is so much more important than YOUR world. Conform to me. <puke>

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Yeah - it was discussed thoroughly on this board when it happened......

-2 points for tuning in late

-10 points for not paying attention

-8 points for reporting unverified rumor

-100 points fer bein' so damned ugly!

heavyzee

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2011
    Austin
    lets look at the last line of the story

“Someone could've ended up dead because negligence of someone who doesn't know how to operate a gun obviously,” said parent Laura Torres.

amazing... sounds like a pro-gun person.

key words "negligence" and "operate"
    negligence of a human to properly operate a gun...

nice to see she's not blaming the guns but rather the idiots

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    wait, found it:

JOURDANTON -- What started off as a normal day at a Jourdanton gymnastics facility, in the 1200 block of Oak Street, turned out to be all but that as a coach would be rushed to a hospital with a gunshot wound to the eye.

Jourdanton Police said a pistol was accidentally shot around 4:15 p.m. from The Bullet Hole gun store that’s adjacent to the gymnastics facility.

Detectives believe the bullet went through wood paneling then bounced off a cinder block wall before striking a gymnastics coach in the eye.

“There's pretty traumatic eye damage done it appeared,” Jourdanton police Chief Eric Kaiser said.

Police aren't releasing the coach’s name, but parents identified him as Joe Gonzalez, of San Antonio.

“All of our kids watched their coach get his head wrapped up, wheeled out on a stretcher and that's not something they're going to forget," one parents said. "It’s traumatizing.”

Police said the victim was airlifted to University Hospital in stable condition.
    Investigators said the gun was fired by an employee at the gun store who claimed he was simply discharging the gun, but didn't realize it was loaded.

“Right now, as it stands, it appears to be an accidental shooting,” Kaiser said.

It is a pet peeve when folks don't source what they write, when the person posting it didn't author it.

Not trying to pick on you, just sayin..................... ;)

Wolfwood

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Only 10 points for not paying attention......should have been at least half as much as for bein' ugly!

and before you say it, TXR - yes he has met me!

well search function dint bring it up on site that i could see, and search engines arent allowed on work computers.

thanks for the help and link to other thread.

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    If they want someone to relocate they need to find out who moved in last. If the gun store was there first and the dance school moved in after then the dance school needs to move and vice versa. If they are so concerned about it then why the hell are they sending their kids to a dance school right next door to a gun shop.

Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    If they are so concerned about it then why the hell are they sending their kids to a dance school right next door to a gun shop.

Yeah. Kind of reminds me of when they were debating the smoking ban in Round Rock restaurants. Several parents got up there proclaiming that it needed to be passed so that their children wouldn't have to be poisoned when going to work in the restaurants. Not sure if I spoke this publicly or if this came up after I had my chance to oppose it, but I remember thinking....Wow! wonderful parents. If they truly believed their children were being poisoned by going to work, were they so dependent on the government to protect their children that they couldn't make the decision to have their children not work there and get poisoned?

Top Bottom