Venture Surplus ad

anyone hear about these strange wal mart closings?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    Walmart STARTED as small rural stores. Success led to larger stores and eventually the economy of superstores. DS & DG are reasonably successful in rural places now, WM wants that business.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    One angle about these closings is Wallymart is getting its butt kicked by Dollar General(and other similar).
    DG is in every crossroad community now.
    Somewhere I read they have over 19,000 locations!

These stores closed in 2015 and all the conspiracy theorists claimed it was for the government to stack bodies during operation Jade Helm.

They’ve all since reopened. It was not due to DG/FD. Thread is based on the olden days, not out current modern and enlightened society.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Yep, that's right up there with "wardrobe malfunction".

I mean, these stores are typically built based on copied blueprints and plans so it wouldn’t be that crazy for the same problem to be present in multiple stores.

I don’t think that’s what happened. But it’s also plausible. Probably why they said it.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Years ago I read that the dollar stores were hitting Walmart bottom line pretty hard.
    I can believe it. There are some remote BD stores I pass in my travels and they’re slam with customers.
    Add in the stores dealing with rich vibrancy and it is no wonder WM stores are closing or moving.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Years ago I read that the dollar stores were hitting Walmart bottom line pretty hard.
    I can believe it. There are some remote BD stores I pass in my travels and they’re slam with customers.
    Add in the stores dealing with rich vibrancy and it is no wonder WM stores are closing or moving.
    I’m sure they are to some degree. I remember when Walmart tried to do the WM Market thing with small CVS type stores and it was a big miss.

We got a DG near us and go fairly often for small things. But it’s 10 minutes away and WM is 30.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Walmart tried to do the WM Market thing with small CVS type stores and it was a big miss.
    The only place I've ever seen that work was a town in Colorado where the city council only allowed Walmart to move in if they had a maximum of 3 checkout lanes. Smallest Walmart I've ever stepped into. The local family owned grocery store next door was twice as big.

But it worked. The Walmart had lower prices and was viable, if constrained.

Top Bottom