• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rl96ss

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    CenTex
    So, for the past year and a half I've been wanting a Tavor and have been saving.
    I've been side-tracked along the way and ended up spending on other firearms. Decided to get rid of my 5.45x39 rifles and I now have the cash and I'm going for it (or so I thought).

As I've been looking the Steyr Aug has really gotten my attention and im think im going this route. One of the reasons is my brother has a Tavor and I get to shoot his all the time. I plan to buy one at a later time, but for right now It'll fun to have something else to play with.

Looking for personal experience with one from those of you have owned or shot one (I've never shot one). Also not sure if i should go with the NATO version or use the proprietary mags. I know the obvious benefit of using Ar mag, but Aug mags are only about $20 a pop.

Not wanting to start an Aug -vs - Tavor thread, I know the Tavor is a great rifle and will own one soon.
    Just wanting you all's experience with the Aug good or bad.

Thanks guys.
    Gun Zone Deals

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    So, for the past year and a half I've been wanting a Tavor and have been saving.
    I've been side-tracked along the way and ended up spending on other firearms. Decided to get rid of my 5.45x39 rifles and I now have the cash and I'm going for it (or so I thought).

As I've been looking the Steyr Aug has really gotten my attention and im think im going this route. One of the reasons is my brother has a Tavor and I get to shoot his all the time. I plan to buy one at a later time, but for right now It'll fun to have something else to play with.

Looking for personal experience with one from those of you have owned or shot one (I've never shot one). Also not sure if i should go with the NATO version or use the proprietary mags. I know the obvious benefit of using Ar mag, but Aug mags are only about $20 a pop.

Not wanting to start an Aug -vs - Tavor thread, I know the Tavor is a great rifle and will own one soon.
    Just wanting you all's experience with the Aug good or bad.

Thanks guys.

Good luck with that! :green: All I've read about them (the Aug) has been mostly positive. Get 'em both now and give us an in-depth comparison! :banana:

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    I have wanted an AUG with the futuristic optic, since I watched Die Hard...

After years of looking at the Steyr, and the clones, I ended up buying a Tavor. The AUG looks like a fine weapon, but every time I think I want to buy one, I hold it and sight through it, and it just does not feel right to me. I understand different rifles fit people differently, but it just did not feel right to me. I do like how much smaller it is than the Tavor, and I like the idea of the quick change barrel.

Good luck with your purchase!

rl96ss

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    CenTex
    I have wanted an AUG with the futuristic optic, since I watched Die Hard...

After years of looking at the Steyr, and the clones, I ended up buying a Tavor. The AUG looks like a fine weapon, but every time I think I want to buy one, I hold it and sight through it, and it just does not feel right to me. I understand different rifles fit people differently, but it just did not feel right to me. I do like how much smaller it is than the Tavor, and I like the idea of the quick change barrel.

Good luck with your purchase!
    Appreciate your input, I've shouldered it a couple of times and didn't feel awkward or uncomfortable. I probably should shoot one though before shelling out 16+ on it.

Charlie - That's the ultimate goal as far as both. If I could unload my other Ak74 and ammo it might be sooner than later.

TXSlade

Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Sep 22, 2013
    East TX
    MSAR is on their 5th generation E4. Which many say is a highly improved Stehr Aug. I don't know, but if I was shopping for one, I'd look into it.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I have a 904 series Steyr AUG. Tried to buy a registered trigger pack for it last year, but the guy sold it real quick. It was listed on sturmgewehr.com + it was here in town. I wanted to see all what was involved in the conversion before buying the trigger pack. Contacted Pete Athens @ PJ's Investment to find out.
    www.Pjs-SteyrAug.com

I like the gun. Really like the donut of death ring in the optical sight. A special receiver would probably be a better choice.

One of my best friends wants it really bad. Who knows once he gets a divorce he might just end up with it.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I had the chance to look over those rifles some years back. That is one space aged looking rifle! Their products have an excellent reputation and you could do worse by selecting one of them. I haven't kept up on the pricing of those but remember they were pretty expensive.

Flash

rl96ss

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    CenTex
    Great to hear guys. Im looking for the green NATO version, but I might settle for black.

Trying hard not to be tempted by some good deals that have popped up. I may just end up buying the factory scope to lock me in. Funny, I thought about doing the same thing when I was looking into getting the Tavor - getting the aftermarket trigger so I would quit buying other firearms.

rl96ss

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    CenTex
    I'm still working on it, trying to decide between 16" and 20". The only thing im sure of is Green and Aug mags.

Top Bottom