Anyone know a good San Antonio pistol range

Discussion in 'Texas Gun Ranges' started by TxEMTP69, Mar 13, 2009.

1. TxEMTP69

TxEMTP69 TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Feb 17, 2009
    Rockport
    Not sure if this is the correct place for this, but... I will be spending a few weeks in San Antonio with almost nothing to do, does anyone know a good pistol range there, I think I will be fairly close to the airport... Thanks. :1zhelp:

2. knayewesttx

knayewesttx New Member

Dec 15, 2008
    San Antonio, Texas
    Bullethole works for me!

3. D-Day

D-Day Active Member

Mar 8, 2009
    San Antonio
    The Bullethole is a decent range. $8.50 range fee, as long as you want, and as many as you can carry in. Also the Bass Proshop has a nice indoor range, but it probably cost a little more.

4. Ranger60

Ranger60 Active Member

Mar 28, 2008
    Taylor
    Another vote for Bulethole as the best place to shoot in SA, good people, nice range. I shot there a lot before moving to Austin this past summer and still get back for an occasional match.

5. fuelfather

fuelfather Well-Known

Feb 2, 2009
    San Antonio
    Home is a good place to go as well is on the north end just outside of San Antonio in Bulverde...$10 range fee per adult shooter..most lanes are user moveable target stands...

6. stockFD3S

stockFD3S Active Member

Apr 19, 2008
    Leon Valley, TX
    I was muzzle swept on two separate occasions at bullet hole. No thank you.

I agree with fuelfather on Cedar Ridge Range in Bulverde. While a little more of a drive, it is a better facility. If you are into clays, they have an awesome sporting clays course that they modify all the time.

7. Ranger60

Ranger60 Active Member

Mar 28, 2008
    Taylor
    Hmmm, a valid point made, I generally shot at Bullethole during the week on the back ranges or in a match, not with the general public. I have avoided it on weekends when it gets crowded.

8. TxEMTP69

TxEMTP69 TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Feb 17, 2009
    Rockport
    I appreciate all the replies, still undecided as to where i'm gonna shoot, may try a few places as I will be sitting around doin nuttin while my wife is in class.

9. D-Day

D-Day Active Member

Mar 8, 2009
    San Antonio
    I agree, the Bullethole is a crazy place to shoot. I go through the week, wouldn't dare go on the weekend unless it was close to closing time. Never been anywhere else, but the pistol range inside BPS. Good luck, let us know where you go.

10. fuelfather

fuelfather Well-Known

Feb 2, 2009
    San Antonio
    I didn't see that you were gonna be near the airport...Cedar Ridge would be pretty easy to get to from there as you would only have to take 281 north to 1863 and go east