Anyone know what happened to texaschlforum.com?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • treadlightly

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2018
    Mexia, Texas
    For anyone that is interested in the question to what happened to the other forum. It appears to be a series of catastrophic failures related to an upgrade of the forum software.

Oh, dear. They forgot Cooper's four rules of SQL safety.

1. All tables are populated.
    2. Never execute a delete query on data you don’t want to destroy.
    3. Keep your finger off the return key until your query is complete.
    4. Identify your data, and which tables relate to it.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    For anyone that is interested in the question to what happened to the other forum. It appears to be a series of catastrophic failures related to an upgrade of the forum software.

ETA: It's being worked on.

New is always better..............

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Oh, dear. They forgot Cooper's four rules of SQL safety.

1. All tables are populated.
    2. Never execute a delete query on data you don’t want to destroy.
    3. Keep your finger off the return key until your query is complete.
    4. Identify your data, and which tables relate to it.

ARE-YOU-A-WIZARD10.jpg

treadlightly

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2018
    Mexia, Texas
    I'm not sure if this is the best place to put this - has anyone heard the podcast, Gangster Capitalism? Season 2 is about the NRA.

It's not complimentary to the NRA. I have a friend who had visibility into the NRA spending practices back during the days of the Neal Knox revolt, and it sounds like Gangster Capitalism makes good points.

Disclaimer - I've just heard snippets so far. Sounds interesting, though, particularly to anyone with questions about the NRA.

treadlightly

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2018
    Mexia, Texas
    Are they pro-2A? As much as I dislike the NRA, I don't want to listen to someone use them for anti-2A propaganda.

What I've heard so far is not anti-2A, at least not to my ear. It's about the NRA, not RKBA.

The worst I've heard is criticism of LaPierre's remark that the only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is with a good guy with a gun, and the podcast mostly just reported that it was considered a tone-deaf remark to make right after Sandy Hook. I agree with the good-guy bad-guy sentiment, and also believe it probably galvanized demanding moms.

The podcast documents that after LaPierre made those remarks he took a private jet to the Caribbean for a $70,000 vacation, billed to the NRA as a member outreach mission. Not sure how many NRA members there are on the island of Eleuthera.

Most of the commentary is about Ackerman McQueen and NRA money dealings. Bill Brewer, the NRA's Dallas lawyer who donated to Beto O'Rourke and Hillary Clinton, has also gotten mentions.

Oliver North's sudden discharge from the NRA is linked to his call for real auditing.

I'd say the podcast is good food for thought whether or not you like the NRA. If you like them, you should understand charges their management steals from the membership. If you don't like the NRA, the podcast probably won't disappoint.

For more info, https://shows.cadence13.com/podcast/gangster-capitalism . They have covered other topics. I haven't heard anything other than a few of the NRA episodes. Your mileage may vary. Heck, mine may not have stabilized either, but so far, so good.

Top Bottom