Anyone own a SeaDoo Jet Boat???

Discussion in 'Automotive / Motorcycle Chat' started by A_FIVE-O, May 14, 2009.

1. A_FIVE-O

A_FIVE-O Active Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Houston-Laredo
    I am looking to buy a SeaDoo Jet Boat and was wondering if anyone owns one that can give me their likes and dislikes about owning one. Thanks!

2. JKTex

JKTex Well-Known

Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    They burn a hell of a lot of gas. They don't take big water well either. Hows that? :lolz:

3. kingofwylietx

kingofwylietx Well-Known

Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    I don't own one, but we rented one a while back. They are pretty peppy and lots of fun on smoother water (lakes that don't have many 30'+ boats on them). They will beat you pretty good across larger waves or rough water. Sorry that I can't be of more help. From my experience, it just depends on where you will use it.

4. Shorts

Shorts TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Don't have one but I got a boat ramp down the street.... ;)

5. Nikolai

Nikolai New Member

Apr 3, 2009
    San Antonio
    Friend has one I did some work on. They'll zing, but be prepared for no comfortable cruises and lots of wear items.

6. IXLR8

IXLR8 TGT Addict TGT Supporter

May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    In theory they look very tempting. But you will have a lot more fun with a regular boat. When I used to own two Seadoo jetskis I followed the Seadoo boards quite regularly. Most people buy them and sell them the same year. You can probably get a used one almost anywhere. Yes, they use a lot of gas compared to even a boat with a 350 V-8! My Seadoo GSX used 13.5 gal/hr at full throttle, usually about 25 gallons a day. My brothers 25' V8 powered boat uses much less, typically 10 to 15 gallons a day.

7. JKTex

JKTex Well-Known

Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    I can burn much less then them and I'm running a mild 540 in a boat that'll weigh close to 6000# on the water. :rofl: My comfortable cruise will beatthe crap out of them and they not being able to keep up but will burn 2x the fuel.

You're right, not many people keep jet's very long. The marketing get's them every time though. ;)

8. AAATEXAS

AAATEXAS New Member

Sep 7, 2009
    dallas
    New PWC owner

**Banned**

Try reading the forum rules.

9. hkusp1

hkusp1 TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    a buddy of mine had one they seem to have real weak head gaskets.