Join TexasGunTalk

Anyone play DayZ?

Discussion in 'Electronics & Video Games' started by rushthezeppelin, Oct 13, 2013.

1. rushthezeppelin

rushthezeppelin TGT Addict

Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    I just started back up after over half a year of not playing, mostly due to bugs. Seems like they've got it REALLY stable and I'm playing again. Specifically I'm playing the Epoch mod. Anybody else play and by chance want to come to the Epoch whitelist server I play on?

2. TundraWookiee

TundraWookiee Scruffy Nerf Herder TGT Supporter

Jan 9, 2012
    Lake Jackson
    I plan on playing when the standalone game comes out.

Sent from Kate Beckinsale's closet.

3. CrazedJava

CrazedJava Well-Known

Sep 5, 2013
    DFW
    Same here. I love the concept but seems like a game where griefing is the primary pasttime. No thanks.

4. Ricklovesbacon

Ricklovesbacon TGT Addict

Feb 2, 2013
    Austin
    I need to build a new pc. One I get that done I plan on waiting for the standalone.

Sent from the Bacon isle at your local grocery store. now Free

5. rushthezeppelin

Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    Depends on the server honestly. The whitelisted server I play on is COMPLETELY devoid of hackers (and in the rare case one does come the admins are quick about rolling back and restoring). There's also general rules against outright griefing, you can still be a bandit but you can't go rubbing it in peoples faces or anything and if one starts hunting newbie spawns then usually a clan or hero will mop him up pretty quick.

6. dsukid

dsukid Member

Oct 26, 2013
    DFW
    I have my own Epoch server, I run it with an iron fist by I play around but when I do I don't bug people.

7. rushthezeppelin

Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    Ohhh really, whats the server? Hopefully once I get rid of this BE Client not responding crap I can jump on (currently reinstalling OA since I already tried every other fix in the book).

8. M. Sage

M. Sage TGT Addict

Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Which server? I just installed Day Z and have heard the horror stories, and I'd like to avoid them.

9. dsukid

dsukid Member

Oct 26, 2013
    DFW
    The best way to fix that is to run dayz commander. I'll get you the IP but it is going to change in a couple of weeks.

10. rushthezeppelin

Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    I've been running through Dayz Commander, turns out it was just the one server I had been playing on recently that was doing it. Actually it was probably Time Warner being an ass with that one server because I was able to connect to it fine with my wifi hotspot (and the lag wasn't too bad either).