Anyone run a Noveske?

Discussion in 'Class III / NFA' started by GULFPILOT, Jun 25, 2008.

1. GULFPILOT

GULFPILOT Member

Jun 24, 2008
    Ausin, Texas
    I just purchased my Noveske 10.5 complete this week. I havent had the opportunity to open it up as of yet. Just testing the waters to see if anyone runs this setup. I was undecided on which mfg to go with, but Im happy with my Noveske. :banger:

2. ducksps

ducksps Active Member

Mar 3, 2008
    Austin, Houston
    Please post some pics and give us a review when you have shooting results. From the media reviews the Noveske 10.5 should be an outstanding package. If you have a chrono I would be thrilled to know the velocity the polygonal barrel gives in such a package.

Congrats on the slick rig,
    Chris

3. SIG_Fiend

SIG_Fiend Administrator TGT Supporter Admin

Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I don't own one personally, yet. ;) Though, I have heard nothing but good things about them. There stuff seems to be top notch.

4. robbf213

robbf213 New Member

Jul 14, 2008
    Jefferson, TX
    Noveske's guns are second to none in my opinion. LMT and Noveske are top tier. Last year John Noveske hunted at a ranch in South Texas I used to manage and his is a really cool guy as well as a gun genius. I've got a 7.5" upper coming my way.

5. Boscobryant

Boscobryant New Member

Aug 1, 2008
    10.5" Noveske Set-up (suppressed)

I have been running a 10.5" suppressed Noveske for about 6 months now - What I like is the 1" grouping at 100 yards which is unheard of. Defense Review said it would do it and it does. When building mine, used the Vltor MUR and ordered the barrel, gas block, gas tube and MP bolt from Noveske. With the suppressor the total length is just under 16" - yes two tax stamps - Noveske allows you to go shorter and still have better grouping than much longer rifles. The YHM quad rails is 12" so yes the barrel sets inside of the rail, Suppressor is AAC QA M4-1000 :cool:

AR15Platforms026.jpg

6. SIG_Fiend

SIG_Fiend Administrator TGT Supporter Admin

Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Nice setup Bosco! :banger:

7. GULFPILOT

GULFPILOT Member

Jun 24, 2008
    Ausin, Texas

Still prefer my fire breathing pig :D
    Nice setup..really.

8. Pawnshop

Pawnshop New Member

Sep 8, 2008
    I have been using one for a couple of years now, I like it, don't have a clue how it groups at 100yd but I know it is "minute-of-coyote" as far as I can see it with the 1.5 ACOG

Attached Files:

9. tussery

tussery Active Member

Jul 26, 2008
    Corpus Christi
    Man I guess I need to get my Form 1 together. I really want to build my next AR with a 10.5" Noveske barrel. These pics are not helping me save money.

10. Bansheeman6100

Bansheeman6100 New Member

Nov 5, 2008
    South Austin
    yeah, BRD is bad enough, than when you get into NFA....it just gets worse. i have a F1 pending for my 12.5'' SBR and hopefully will be purchasing a Suppressor soon :banghead: