Target Sports

Anyone see the problem with America's youth?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Analog Kid

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2021
    Rockwall, Texas
    Chicken or the egg. It’s the parents imo. I grew up being more afraid of my dad than the police. Same thing I’m getting in my boys head. If dad knows I did this...my ass is in trouble. That’s how kids should think.
    My pops was a military officer.. I was constantly thinking about what NOT to do......

1911'S 4 Me

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2018
    Humble
    Blame it on the liberals. Just like everything else wrong with this now communist country
    it is the liberal's fault.

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    Not enough of this
    37qf93.jpg

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I still come back to my original statement where are the parents
    They pawned the kids off on the grandparents, who failed raising their own kids!

The war on drugs had the opposite effect on society. The drugs should have killed off people who should have never reproduced.

One of my uncle’s came home from WWII phuced up with PTSD. He raised phuced up kids, who raised fucked up kids!

Any idiot can produce kids! Then the government subsidies these flecks of shit and you have generations of turds.

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    It seems that every generation is the worst generation ever. When I was young it the Hippies, then it was <fill in the blank>...

Age makes you less tolerant of ways that are different from your experiences. It appears that the Hippies ended up ok as they grew older. That seems to have happened to the rest as well, or else we would not be here today.

Even if I don’t approve of the newest generation, things will probably work out ....

As my brother used to say “the man is keeping us down”, now he is the “man”.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    It seems that every generation is the worst generation ever. When I was young it the Hippies, then it was <fill in the blank>...

Age makes you less tolerant of ways that are different from your experiences. It appears that the Hippies ended up ok as they grew older. That seems to have happened to the rest as well, or else we would not be here today.

Even if I don’t approve of the newest generation, things will probably work out ....

I don't know about that.

Kids are in the worst physical shape they have ever been in.

Scholastic standards are being lowered.

Triggered by every little thing.

OLDVET

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Richardson, Texas
    No longer at schools.
    My daughter is a 3rd grade school teacher. She is always telling me horror stories about teachers who try to make a child do the right thing in class or scold a kid. The kids go home and cry to Mommy saying how bad the teacher treated them that day. Mommy and Daddy then come to the school threating to sue the school and the teacher. The school backs away and leaves the teachers to fend for themselves.
    Can you imagine the legal fall-out today if a teacher made a bratty kid sit on a stool in the corner of the class room with a cone hat on his head while the rest of the class watched? Happened to me only once in my school days.
    God forbid little Johnny should get scolded for hitting someone in class and then get sent to the Principle's Office. I remember when I was a kid and would get in trouble at school. I hated going home after school that day. I knew Mom would give me more Hell than the Principle did.
    Her way worked. I would always consider the consequences of my actions prior to doing anything bad at school.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    No longer at schools.
    My daughter is a 3rd grade school teacher. She is always telling me horror stories about teachers who try to make a child do the right thing in class or scold a kid. The kids go home and cry to Mommy saying how bad the teacher treated them that day. Mommy and Daddy then come to the school threating to sue the school and the teacher. The school backs away and leaves the teachers to fend for themselves.
    Can you imagine the legal fall-out today if a teacher made a bratty kid sit on a stool in the corner of the class room with a cone hat on his head while the rest of the class watched? Happened to me only once in my school days.
    God forbid little Johnny should get scolded for hitting someone in class and then get sent to the Principle's Office. I remember when I was a kid and would get in trouble at school. I hated going home after school that day. I knew Mom would give me more Hell than the Principle did.
    Her way worked. I would always consider the consequences of my actions prior to doing anything bad at school.
    Yep. Discipline in schools went away decades ago.

Aus_Schwaben

First to know - Last to care!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 31, 2019
    Abilene, TX
    As several people said respect/fear the father more than the police.

When I was 12-13 my dad - HPD - showed me a cell at the jail and said "If you are ever in here and I find out you did it, you will stay at least one night here." We also had a couple of acres of lawn to keep us busy plus house and rental properties to maintain. Of course, the plus side was working security with him at MacRobert Chevrolet and a couple of other off duty gigs.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    I must be doing something wrong then, my 1st grader comes home disappointed if he didn't get his conduct clip (sliding scale kinda thing) slid all the way to the top. Teacher even called us and praised how he stood up to and responded to a ... kid ... ;) who throat punched him. Seems this other kid has a pretty long history of acting a fool to get his way, and my kid ain't having any of it.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!

Working the renfest I worked with a lot of hippies & the off spring of hippies. They are a huge portion of The Free Shit Army! When you have more kids because uncle sugar pays out more per child is wrong. Most rational people despise puppy mills!

When a bag of weed is more important the feeding your kid, something is seriously wrong.

When working for cash is ok to avoid paying child support is wrong. When not having a drivers license for the same reason is equally wrong.

The great society is a failed political debacle!

The Chicago 7 were hippy communist!

Top Bottom