Lynx Defense

Anyone see the problem with America's youth?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I think there is a bit of rebel in all of us when we were young, but we grew out of it as we grew up and matured, falling back on the lessons, values, and morals our parents taught us.

I know I'm not the same person now, that I was when in my late teens and early twenties. Even after leaving home, I did some stupid kid stuff like many others. Thing was, I knew I had to figure out on my own how to resolve problems.

Two very valuable lessons my father taught me growing up. How to solve problems, using my head, and hard work. I kid about how my father used my brother and I like rented mules and such, but it has paid off a hundred times over the years. From that hard work, I learned how to do a job right, the value of working for money, how to fix things when they broke, and how to be responsible.

I may kid about my father being a slave task master, but the truth is, everything in my life that I have accomplished is because of my father teaching me the things he did growing up. One thing growing up, and my father for quite a few years was a single parent, that he never was, our friend. He was our father, first and last. And please do not get the wrong impression of my father either. We did work hard, but he also taught us to have fun and to enjoy life as well. He took us camping, fishing, taught us to shoot, to hunt, to reload and how to fix cars, and took us to baseball games and many other things.

These things seem to be lacking in many of today's youth, maybe even going back several generations.
    Guns International

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Axxe most of our first guns were BB guns. We were told not to break glass or kill birds, and when we did we got our asses handed to us. To day many a kids first gun is a Glock because its a status symbol. The first thing they shoot if not themselves or a friend is a rival. And the courts turn a blind eye, except if its a cop killing one of theses little shits!

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Double digit IQ and guessing no dad to beat the stupid out of them when they were teachable.
    They will end up dead or in prison long term. Guaranteed.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Double digit IQ and guessing no dad to beat the stupid out of them when they were teachable.
    They will end up dead or in prison long term. Guaranteed.

Those are simply excuses for bad behavior. I know of more than a few people that grew up with no father or in a single parent household that didn't turn to crime as way of life, or use it as an excuse for a poor performance in life.

There are plenty of excuses many people use as for why they can't get ahead, or to be successful. And they are just exactly that, excuses. There are way too many successful people I know personally, that overcame "obstacles" in their lives to become successful. They didn't make excuses.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Those are simply excuses for bad behavior. I know of more than a few people that grew up with no father or in a single parent household that didn't turn to crime as way of life, or use it as an excuse for a poor performance in life.

There are plenty of excuses many people use as for why they can't get ahead, or to be successful. And they are just exactly that, excuses. There are way too many successful people I know personally, that overcame "obstacles" in their lives to become successful. They didn't make excuses.
    A ton of science both in human and non human pack animals that show not having a male influence causes fuckery in young males.

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    I had a teacher who loved to give kids a smack on their palms with a ruler. I remember he gave a surprise test and whoever failed had to stand around his desk with their hand out, must have been half the class. He smacked everyone's hand. If you didn't do your homework you had to stand in the back of the classroom, holding out your arms to your side while balancing books in your hand. We didn't get away with much in the 60's.

cygunner

Devil's Den - Gettysburg
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    Cypress, TX
    They abdicated their parenting responsibilities to the daycare and then the schools.
    I think it would be more likely to the streets and then the schools. These little brats are not the product of daycare, although daycare produces its share of slightly more economically advantaged brats and thugs. But ol' Jo gonna put daycare in his infrastructure plan. Yeah, right.

cygunner

Devil's Den - Gettysburg
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    Cypress, TX
    I think there is a bit of rebel in all of us when we were young, but we grew out of it as we grew up and matured, falling back on the lessons, values, and morals our parents taught us.

I know I'm not the same person now, that I was when in my late teens and early twenties. Even after leaving home, I did some stupid kid stuff like many others. Thing was, I knew I had to figure out on my own how to resolve problems.

Two very valuable lessons my father taught me growing up. How to solve problems, using my head, and hard work. I kid about how my father used my brother and I like rented mules and such, but it has paid off a hundred times over the years. From that hard work, I learned how to do a job right, the value of working for money, how to fix things when they broke, and how to be responsible.

I may kid about my father being a slave task master, but the truth is, in my life that I have accomplished is because of my father teaching me the things he did growing up. One thing growing up, and my father for quite a few years was a single parent, that he never was, our friend. He was our father, first and last. And please do not get the wrong impression of my father either. We did work hard, but he also taught us to have fun and to enjoy life as well. He took us camping, fishing, taught us to shoot, to hunt, to reload and how to fix cars, and took us to baseball games and many other things.

These things seem to be lacking in many of today's youth, maybe even going back several generations.
    My father's nickname for me after my junior year in college was "jailbird" (another long story) but like you I straightened up, cut way back on the drinking and became a responsible, if somewhat irreverent at times, citizen.

Analog Kid

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2021
    Rockwall, Texas
    No longer at schools.
    My daughter is a 3rd grade school teacher. She is always telling me horror stories about teachers who try to make a child do the right thing in class or scold a kid. The kids go home and cry to Mommy saying how bad the teacher treated them that day. Mommy and Daddy then come to the school threating to sue the school and the teacher. The school backs away and leaves the teachers to fend for themselves.
    Can you imagine the legal fall-out today if a teacher made a bratty kid sit on a stool in the corner of the class room with a cone hat on his head while the rest of the class watched? Happened to me only once in my school days.
    God forbid little Johnny should get scolded for hitting someone in class and then get sent to the Principle's Office. I remember when I was a kid and would get in trouble at school. I hated going home after school that day. I knew Mom would give me more Hell than the Principle did.
    Her way worked. I would always consider the consequences of my actions prior to doing anything bad at school.
    ffb321b748cdd9410d4fbf0bc3b72904.jpg

Katydid1984

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2021
    Hunt County
    Chicken or the egg. It’s the parents imo. I grew up being more afraid of my dad than the police. Same thing I’m getting in my boys head. If dad knows I did this...my ass is in trouble. That’s how kids should think.
    My dad made sure we knew better. Hell I didn't have a curfew as a teen, I just knew better than to come home at a stupid hour.

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    My sister in-law does this with her daughter, but anything my nephew does he's in the wrong. Its weird and sad to watch....
    Because parents have gone soft my question is where is personal responsibility? Cause let's get this right. You can protect your kids but understand this the world outside your little world is a harsh reality.
    And if you pluck up you pay.
    But the sad thing is you have the nerve to say I. Didn't know...
    But the real world says bs. So you got two choices learn now or learn the hard way

Katydid1984

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2021
    Hunt County
    My husband and I have already discussed if we have kids together they're going to be home schooled by us. They will be in programs and other thigs to get to spend time with other kids but our school systems I think fail our kids. Its not really the teachers fault either, its the way the system is run. I remember having a teacher who used to make kids who had sagging pants stand at the front of the class, pull their pants up and then use twin to keep them pulled up. If a teacher did that today they would be called out and then fired..... I want my kid to be able to live on their own and survive on their own....

Katydid1984

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2021
    Hunt County
    Because parents have gone soft my question is where is personal responsibility? Cause let's get this right. You can protect your kids but understand this the world outside your little world is a harsh reality.
    And if you pluck up you pay.
    But the sad thing is you have the nerve to say I. Didn't know...
    But the real world says bs. So you got two choices learn now or learn the hard way
    Yeah, I don't understand parenting styles nowadays. If parents would actually pay attention to their kids instead of sitting on the computer or cell phone.... My brothers kids always referred to me as the "fun" Aunt, not because I didn't discipline them. I made them accountable for things they did. I got on their level and played with them, I would dig in the dirt and spend time with them....

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    Yeah, I don't understand parenting styles nowadays. If parents would actually pay attention to their kids instead of sitting on the computer or cell phone.... My brothers kids always referred to me as the "fun" Aunt, not because I didn't discipline them. I made them accountable for things they did. I got on their level and played with them, I would dig in the dirt and spend time with them....
    See that's what I'm talking about have fun but explain life and teach. Believe it or not those lessons stick

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    My husband and I have already discussed if we have kids together they're going to be home schooled by us. They will be in programs and other thigs to get to spend time with other kids but our school systems I think fail our kids. Its not really the teachers fault either, its the way the system is run. I remember having a teacher who used to make kids who had sagging pants stand at the front of the class, pull their pants up and then use twin to keep them pulled up. If a teacher did that today they would be called out and then fired..... I want my kid to be able to live on their own and survive on their own....
    That's a good teacher. The main thing is to teach. Values and respect are paramount manners will take you farther than education. Because with manners one can gain education and experience..
    Which in the future would be a greatest benefit

Katydid1984

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2021
    Hunt County
    That's a good teacher. The main thing is to teach. Values and respect are paramount manners will take you farther than education. Because with manners one can gain education and experience..
    Which in the future would be a greatest benefit
    That is so true! Most people don't seem to understand that nowadays, I can say having values and manners has taken me a long way. I want my kids to be respectful, take pride in what they do and learn to protect the weak. My kids would learn to hunt by bow and arrow and then move to guns, they also would learn that if you kill it you will use it. This among many other things....

cygunner

Devil's Den - Gettysburg
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    Cypress, TX

I may kid about my father being a slave task master, but the truth is, everything in my life that I have accomplished is because of my father teaching me the things he did growing up. One thing growing up, and my father for quite a few years was a single parent, that he never was, our friend. He was our father, first and last. And please do not get the wrong impression of my father either. We did work hard, but he also taught us to have fun and to enjoy life as well. He took us camping, fishing, taught us to shoot, to hunt, to reload and how to fix cars, and took us to baseball games and many other things.

Mine taught me that if you want a trophy you damn well better win. None of this participation crap. He coached one of my baseball teams growing up. About the 4th or 5th inning I was usually headed to the bench so someone else could play. Going home one night my mother asked him why he always took me out. "So I won't have to listen to someone else complain about their kid being taken out" end of discussion. I always knew no matter what happened at school it would be worse at home. He faithfully supported youth baseball and Boy Scout activities that I participated in. He even drove me once a week at night for 2 -3 months 35 miles, one winter so I could take lifesaver training and get a merit badge on my path to Eagle Scout. Miss him every day.

Top Bottom