Patriot Mobile

Anyone see the problem with America's youth?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx

How many of you have been in this situation?
    How many of you repeated the mistake after correction was applied?
    In my case it happened several times, but each time was for a different mistake. You know I lived through the paddlings and I am probably a better person today because of the experiences. I know right from wrong!!
    Man my uncle was the principal of my high school and a direct line to my mom.
    Rule was don't come home suspended PERIOD..
    FROM JR HIGH TILL GRADUATION I GOT MY ASS WORE OUT.....
    I can't tell how many swats I took

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Man my uncle was the principal of my high school and a direct line to my mom.
    Rule was don't come home suspended PERIOD..
    FROM JR HIGH TILL GRADUATION I GOT MY ASS WORE OUT.....
    I can't tell how many swats I took

At home, if you got a whooping at school, it was just about guaranteed you'd get one when you got home too.

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    Crying right now I think I was abused...
    I'm starting a go fund me page

BLACK ASS MATTERS
    SO COME ON PEOPLE HBO(HELP A BROTHER OUT)

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    No just about. Guaranteed. And the whipping at home was the worst of the two.

Not always with my father. He was strict, but fair. He always allowed us to tell our side of the story.

Once I refused to take a paddling in school, and got suspended for three days. I had to show my father the note that night when he got home from work. To say I was scared, would be an understatement!

I showed him the note, and explained my side of the story. Dad took off work the next morning, read the principle and the teacher the riot act, so to speak, and like that, I wasn't suspended anymore. Dad didn't give me a whooping, but I did get a lecture about how to handle that situation a little better next time.

Dad was strict and firm, but always fair with us. So if I got a whooping, about 99.9% I earned it!

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    Not always with my father. He was strict, but fair. He always allowed us to tell our side of the story.

Once I refused to take a paddling in school, and got suspended for three days. I had to show my father the note that night when he got home from work. To say I was scared, would be an understatement!

I showed him the note, and explained my side of the story. Dad took off work the next morning, read the principle and the teacher the riot act, so to speak, and like that, I wasn't suspended anymore. Dad didn't give me a whooping, but I did get a lecture about how to handle that situation a little better next time.

Dad was strict and firm, but always fair with us. So if I got a whooping, about 99.9% I earned it!
    So we're my parents they didn't just beat me for fun. But when we got caught dirty forget about it.
    I'm old enough to remember gator the movie new .
    My brother and I tried to make a still burned up 12 acres

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Yep.
    Biggest problem with today's youth is the growing gap between my age and their's.
    And tattoos. Weren't near as much ink and piercings in north America until lately.
    Melting pot indeed.
    I’m sure I’ll catch a lot of flak in regards to body modifications, but I see it as a problem with ones self esteem.

I remember in my late teens a friend wanting me to go and get my ear pierced with him. When I told him I was neither girl, pirate or gay you could see the light bulb go off over his head!

The whole tattoo thing was ingrained into my head by my grandfather who was tattooed.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015

Sadly, I never got an undeserved paddling in school.

OLDVET

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Richardson, Texas
    After reading the comments listed here, it seems to me that all of us grew up to be responsible adults. I sure hope the same is true for our younger generations. There seems to be way too many teens who think they are "privileged" and their sh#t doesn't stink.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Uh-huh, sure. Rosy retrospection is a terrible thing.

You weren't a parent in the 60s, I take it.
    We could argue this at length.

Participation trophies were not required. No one got triggered. Kids could actually work (e.g., physically fit enough to do so). No sense of entitlement then. No safe spaces with marshmallows and crayons. Could survive getting a bad grade. Can't remember any kid wanting a gender change, or even imagining such a thing.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Sadly, I never got an undeserved paddling in school.

Well to be honest, my father had some previous history with this teacher, and the teacher was also a coach. His wife was also a teacher at the same school.

He coached jr. high and jr. varsity football, and basketball, as well as being the head coach of the girl's basketball, and volleyball.

There were some rumors floating around about him and some "inappropriate" behavior with some of the girls on the basketball team. I have no known knowledge of how true they were, but given the coach's personality, it would not have surprised me if they had been true. He and his wife were grade A assholes!

Top Bottom