ARJ Defense ad

Anyone see the problem with America's youth?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    That’s what happens when your dad strikes no fear in your heart. My dad voice alone settles my kids. We all have it and when you discover it the sky’s the limit lol. Shoot the sheer disappointment in my dads voice when I did wrong was enough to make me stop acting a fool sometimes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yep yep just the disappointed sound is embarrassing
    Venture Surplus ad

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Dad taught us to work hard and to play hard.
    That’s what happens when your dad strikes no fear in your heart. My dad voice alone settles my kids. We all have it and when you discover it the sky’s the limit lol. Shoot the sheer disappointment in my dads voice when I did wrong was enough to make me stop acting a fool sometimes.

Welcome to TGT.

My father didn't even have to speak. He could give you a look, without saying a word, and you knew you were in deep trouble.

Growing up, our father almost never raised his voice, or even cursed. He was and still is one the calmest persons I have ever known. Never gets upset or flustered. Never have seen him lose his temper either. The madder he gets, the quieter he gets. I have only seen that happen a couple of times, and it's downright scary.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Negro please my brother and I took beatings on a regular.. why because we were hard headed. It didn't turn us into criminals. I thank God for my dad

When our father resorted to corporal punishment, many kids today would call it child abuse!

As a child, I didn't get whooped very often, but by about 12 or 13, I started pushing the limits of my father. He was very quick to show me exactly where those limits were!

But in all honesty, our father was a stern man, but always fair. So if you got a whooping from him, you had earned it.

So yes, I too thank my father for being the father he was growing up. He probably kept me out of prison, or a casket.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    I'll chime in a little about my experiences when I was the principal of a disciplinary alternative school here in Kerr county. It actually wasn't bad because when the students had been assigned, the only way they could return to their home school was to complete the assignment. We had three school districts giving us students, some for the minimum two weeks or more, including the end of a semester. It was interesting but we never had any issues that we couldn't take care of. Bad behavior meant they just had to stay longer. I had some great people working
    with me.

Jaya8309

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2021
    Corpus Christi
    Negro please my brother and I took beatings on a regular.. why because we were hard headed. It didn't turn us into criminals. I thank God for my dad

For real. My dads first swing of the belt was on the ass then legs, back, and arms if you got brave and tried to turn and grab at the belt haha. He had a restaurant growing up so if we messed up in school for grades or being silly we worked. 4am till about 6pm . Good times. We earned it at that point. We are all young and dumb some time or another but good values and work ethic start at the top. The parents.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    You and I both already did....

I may have. All these new members are starting to look alike! Plus, my days are totally screwed up. I was arguing with the wife over what today was. I thought it was Saturday, and she was trying make me understand it was Friday!

She was right, but I ain't telling her she's right! :banana:

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Pffffffffft any married man here knows better so no.little blue pill for you

My memory may be going, or gone, depending who is telling the story, but yes, very happily married and no little blue pill needed, yet.

You would think after being married for almost 18 years, she would stop calling me a pervert!

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    You could literally ask the question of the thread's title and it would be just as valid in 1950, 1960, 1970, 1980, 1990, 2000, 2010, 2020, or today. They youth of today are never as good of the youth of yesteryear.
    Yep.
    Biggest problem with today's youth is the growing gap between my age and their's.
    And tattoos. Weren't near as much ink and piercings in north America until lately.
    Melting pot indeed.

OLDVET

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Richardson, Texas

How many of you have been in this situation?
    How many of you repeated the mistake after correction was applied?
    In my case it happened several times, but each time was for a different mistake. You know I lived through the paddlings and I am probably a better person today because of the experiences. I know right from wrong!!

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    You could literally ask the question of the thread's title and it would be just as valid in 1950, 1960, 1970, 1980, 1990, 2000, 2010, 2020, or today. They youth of today are never as good of the youth of yesteryear.
    To some extent that is true.

But I do think this has taken a larger turn for the worse.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015

How many of you have been in this situation?
    How many of you repeated the mistake after correction was applied?
    In my case it happened several times, but each time was for a different mistake. You know I lived through the paddlings and I am probably a better person today because of the experiences. I know right from wrong!!
    Heck, every parent/teacher/principal in my hometown would be behind bars today.

Top Bottom