Join TexasGunTalk

Anyone Shopping the Special Senior Hours at Stores?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by gdr_11, Mar 24, 2020.

1. gdr_11

gdr_11 Active Member

Aug 1, 2014
    In my area, Dollar General, Brookshires, Target and Walmart all have set aside times for seniors and those with health issues to shop without exposure to the general public. I have been in two of the four stores above during the "senior hours" and my observation is that it is some kind of honor system with no large signs at the door nor anyone to remind yourger shoppers that it is seniors only. Inside I see about half the shoppers to be non-seniors and non-medically challenged.

Anyone else have this experience or have you seen the stores actually challenge non- seniors from coming in?

2. craigntx

craigntx Daca is caca

Jun 25, 2010
    Cypress, Tejas
    whats the min age?

3. ZX9RCAM

ZX9RCAM Over the Rainbow bridge... TGT Supporter

May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I believe most are 60+.

4. Glenn B

Glenn B Well-Known TGT Supporter

Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana Area
    I don't plan to do any additional shopping in the next week or two but if I do I may try to get up early enough to be able to walk the dog on our regular 3 mile or so morning walk, with time to spare to get to Wally World on time for the senior shopping hours.

5. busykngt

busykngt TGT Addict

Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    Thought about doing it this morning.... does that count?

Wal Mart’s published store hours (@ the location nearest me), are 7am to 8:30 pm. Senior time is only once per week, on Tuesday. And the supposedly ‘reserved’ time is one hour before the store officially opens. So, I take that to mean 6 am to 7 am on Tuesdays. I suppose that’s when the store might be most clean {sanitized} but it’s certainly not a real convenient time.

May still try it next week in order to pick up some beef to make jerky out of. Every place I’ve gone, it’s been slim pickens on beef cuts.

6. DoubleDuty

DoubleDuty Active Member

Feb 9, 2019
    DFW
    Well we have seen what a holes some of these panic buying hoarders are.

7. baboon

baboon TGT Addict

My senior ass has a hard time wanting to do much that early!

deemus, busykngt and digger like this.
  8. Renegade

Renegade SuperOwner

Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Store near me has those hours. Not very realistic.

9. Vaquero

Vaquero Pre-ban

Apr 4, 2011
    Out West
    Can't argue.
    My wife does hospice volunteer work. Her last "patient" was an older lady with Alzheimer's. Momma sat with her on Fridays while her husband went and did shopping and other things that need doing.
    Well, she can't attend anymore. Due to Coronavirus. (Got the notice on saturday)
    And her patient's husband is without a window of opportunity to do shopping.
    I think the noon hour would benefit our elderly shoppers better.

Rhino, 308nato, digger and 2 others like this.
  10. Jack Ryan

Jack Ryan Active Member

Did today. At 6:am there was a line clear around the building to get in. Kept a distance from the person in front and so of course like idiots every where the person behind wanted to "tailgate" me like he would get in before 6 if he was just breathing down my neck. Had to give him a "clue" as to why we are all here at six o'clock in the freaking morning, "... ya dumb..." and he stayed back the rest of the wait.

ZX9RCAM and Southpaw like this.