• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mp_tx

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    Austin
    Got a custom knife that needs a custom sheath. Anyone still doing Kydex as a side hustle? Or know someone who dabbles in the dark arts? Austin area would be a plus.

I swear 6 or so years ago, I could throw a rock and hit a guy doing Kydex. Its like the went underground—or extinct.

Otto_Mation

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2020
    Montgomery, TX
    He has a lot of backlog and takes a long time but is very meticulous and does a really good job. He is in Huntsville.

Here is the direct link to the knife sheaths.

Last edited:

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    Like many crafts, everybody gets into it until they realize they can't make any money because everybody is doing it. A sheet of kydex is cheap, so people think the sheath should be cheap. Anyone with a heat gun can make a kydex sheath, but making one that's solid and looks good takes a bit more effort. (I've made some pretty darn ugly sheaths myself!) I knew a couple of guys that made kydex stuff, primarily to support the knives that they were also making. Some quit doing it because of money, others quit the business because of health or age reasons.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Check with your local gun shops, I'll bet someone knows a local kydex bender.

Or if you're up for a new hobby - you can get some basic tools relatively cheap (considering what else can go with guns and hoover up your cash).

Top Bottom