• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pgamboa

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    McKinney, TX
    I bought an XDM 9mm 3.8" from Gun Gear to Go in Plano a month ago. Paid $679.99 for it. Cabelas has it listed on their website for about the same price but didn't have any stock in store. I don't know what Pre Newtown prices would have been but compared to what I've seen, it was close.
    ARJ Defense ad

rogue_drummer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2013
    Thanks for that tip. My office is about 15 minutes west of Winchesters. Never been there but I browsed the web site and found that not only do they have a nice indoor range, but also have about 100 or so guns to rent to try before you buy. Good to know that. Hopefully they'll have the Ruger GP100 I've been drooling over. And private instruction is $50.00 an hour. It might be good to get private insruction for myself before I get too depressed in my shooting.

Question: they have about 20 50 foot pistol ranges with auto retrieval sytems. Does anyone know if you can place the target anywhere in front of 50 feet. Say 7 feet out or 10 feet out? After my disasterous shooting at about 45 - 50 feet out, I landed only about 5% of the 50 round box. I'd like to start close and work my way up to longer ranges.

kabob

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    Dallas
    Now lookin at a second pistol. Sig P938 for the wife, and a P228 for me

Jealous, man. The Sig P228 and P229 are two of my fav 9mm pistols. I'll pass on the P938, though. Had a P238 and between the ergos chewing up my thumb, excessive internal wear and the cost of .380ACP, I was glad to sell it to a friend that appreciates it more than I ever did.

kabob

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    Dallas
    BTW, have any of you guys scoped a new H&K HK45 Tactical in either black or tan frame locally? I know we're talking $1200-$1400 for a handgun but I long ago passed the "f*ck it" stage of firearms buying and I love H&Ks like women love chocolate.

Richard-SSV

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2013
    Just stopped by Arlington Tactical Arms this morning and they had just got in 20 Rock River AR-15's. They are asking $1699 for them. If I knew that my wife wouldn't castrate me I would have bought one.

kabob

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    Dallas
    Good on your wife. That's way overpriced for RRA. You shouldn't be spending that much on a budget AR that cost less than $1000 five months ago.

9mm

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    I'd sure to to get a S&W Shield 9mm... Anyone have any suggestions?

kabob

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    Dallas
    Pay inflated prices on GB or go check your local Academy's regularly. Shields were in short supply for awhile even before all this panic buying.

GRAYWOLF

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2012
    I was at the Dallas Gun Show this weekend and could not find anyone selling 50 rnd box of 9 mm for less than $32...

smtimelevi

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    San Antonio
    Academy in Shertz had quite a few hand guns for sale a week ago when I went in. Several glocks, S&W's, Beretta's, Remingtons, Rugers...etc. All at normal prices. Even had an M1A. No AR's that I saw though. Ammo on the other hand was a joke

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    Just at Cabelas FW today. They had a Ruger 10/22 basic model for arount $260~. And some .45 PMC for $24~ 50/box.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    I was at Cabelas today too. They had rifles on the shelves, AR15s. Had ammo in but didn't browse specifically. I was clothes shopping.

Sue Girl

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2013
    Burleson, TX
    Thanks for that tip. My office is about 15 minutes west of Winchesters. Never been there but I browsed the web site and found that not only do they have a nice indoor range, but also have about 100 or so guns to rent to try before you buy. Good to know that. Hopefully they'll have the Ruger GP100 I've been drooling over. And private instruction is $50.00 an hour. It might be good to get private insruction for myself before I get too depressed in my shooting.

Question: they have about 20 50 foot pistol ranges with auto retrieval sytems. Does anyone know if you can place the target anywhere in front of 50 feet. Say 7 feet out or 10 feet out? After my disasterous shooting at about 45 - 50 feet out, I landed only about 5% of the 50 round box. I'd like to start close and work my way up to longer ranges.

I just came across your post and I am sorry that no one has responded... yes, you can put the target anywhere that you want... whatever is comfortable to you. If you are still drooling over the GP100, there is still one there... You can also get hands on assistance with most of the guys at the range without the 50.00 per hour.

Top Bottom