Patriot Mobile

Ap5 Discrete carry for mall trips and such.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I could probably do the Dickinson drill supported with a full size hand gun. Center mass anyways.

It would be easy with the Ap5.

I need to goto the rifle range and try it with the shield plus.

I know one thing, what ever I carry I wont be hiding in a clothing rack praying god make me a stone.

I'm in a retail store several times a week. But a mall maybe once a year, like the rest of you they arent fun places to be to me but I tend to go with the family when they go.
    Military Camp

candcallen

Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    You're gonna put your faith in blubber to stop multiple rounds of .338 or .308? What if they're using AP? Or what if they get their hands on depeleted uranium boolets and have a homemade 20mm sniper rifle?
    Said I was just spitballing.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    View attachment 347827

There ya go. So you can remember why you don't wanna go there. Probably good for another 10, at least.

Just realized I told a big, fat, lie.

The girl that has been cutting my hair for like the last 30 years works at a J.C. Penny hair salon, anchoring a mall

I walk in and walk out.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Just realized I told a big, fat, lie.

The girl that has been cutting my hair for like the last 30 years works at a J.C. Penny hair salon, anchoring a mall

I walk in and walk out.

Yep. I buy my button-up shirts from JCPenney - they have the only big & tall shirts that I can both try on in person (a necessity, since I wear either 2XL, 2XL Tall, 3XL, 3XL Tall, or 4XL depending on who makes the shirt) and actually afford to buy.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Yep. I buy my button-up shirts from JCPenney - they have the only big & tall shirts that I can both try on in person (a necessity, since I wear either 2XL, 2XL Tall, 3XL, 3XL Tall, or 4XL depending on who makes the shirt) and actually afford to buy.

I started transitioning to "fishing shirts" - those being the light weight, breathable button down, two pocket style shirts - a few years before moving to Texas. Wife used to work for a major sporting goods retailer that had their own house brand, plus selling stuff like Columbia, Huk, etc. She would snag the store brand fishing shirts for me any time they got a new color in because I liked 'em so much, and with her discount they were stupid cheap.

We didn't have Academy stores in Oregon (they were rumored, but never materialized while i was there) so coming here, I've started buying Magellan branded shirts from Academy. I'm usually a 2X in most brands, at my heaviest I was pushing into 3X for comfort.

Kohl's I've found to have dressier shirts that fit at reasonable prices.

As a kid, almost all of my clothing came from JC Penny. I was a walking Arizona billboard. A dorky, awkward Arizona billboard. The dorky, awkward part didn't change, just the store brands I pimp :laughing:

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    I started transitioning to "fishing shirts" - those being the light weight, breathable button down, two pocket style shirts - a few years before moving to Texas. Wife used to work for a major sporting goods retailer that had their own house brand, plus selling stuff like Columbia, Huk, etc. She would snag the store brand fishing shirts for me any time they got a new color in because I liked 'em so much, and with her discount they were stupid cheap.

We didn't have Academy stores in Oregon (they were rumored, but never materialized while i was there) so coming here, I've started buying Magellan branded shirts from Academy. I'm usually a 2X in most brands, at my heaviest I was pushing into 3X for comfort.

Kohl's I've found to have dressier shirts that fit at reasonable prices.

As a kid, almost all of my clothing came from JC Penny. I was a walking Arizona billboard. A dorky, awkward Arizona billboard. The dorky, awkward part didn't change, just the store brands I pimp :laughing:

Magellan shirts sometimes fit, but I don't really like most of their fishing shirts (or the similar brands) - I don't like the half-detached oversized yoke with mesh under it. And their long sleeve shirts don't tend to fit me at all. Kohl's has disappointed me in the past, but I haven't set foot in one in several years so it's probably worth a look if I can find one near me.

At this point, most of my clothes come from Amazon - I can buy the same jeans as always in the same size, same for underwear, socks and t-shirts. But button-up shirts are something I just don't have good luck with unless I can try them on first.

candcallen

Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    JC Penny used to be high class. Especially sitting next to monkey wards and Sears.

Monkey wards gave me my first store credit card. Then closed a couple months later. Useless bastards. Lol

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Magellan shirts sometimes fit, but I don't really like most of their fishing shirts (or the similar brands) - I don't like the half-detached oversized yoke with mesh under it. And their long sleeve shirts don't tend to fit me at all. Kohl's has disappointed me in the past, but I haven't set foot in one in several years so it's probably worth a look if I can find one near me.

At this point, most of my clothes come from Amazon - I can buy the same jeans as always in the same size, same for underwear, socks and t-shirts. But button-up shirts are something I just don't have good luck with unless I can try them on first.

I hear you on that - I have a couple brands of pants that I have settled on and typically Amazon has the best price. Pants, for me are usually what needs "tried before buyed" because I have fat, womanly thighs and wider hips than others. Straight leg pants usually are a no-go. I go for pants with roomier thighs like Dockers, 5.11 Tac Lite Pros, or Propper BDU pants. The Tac Lites are my usual casual pants. Dockers for scenarios that call for non-cargo pants. When its warm I rarely wear pants though, opting for cargo shorts instead. Shorts are easier to get than pants.

candcallen

Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I'm just glad I dont have to shop in big n tall anymore. It was definitely a challenge to find shirts that fit properly but didnt look like you cut a hole for your neck in an awning.

I buy 36 pants for my gun although I have some 34 Levi's I can fit into now, and 2x shirts are comfortable although I bbn wear 1x when needing a better look.

I just wish I could get rid of loose skin. That is a pain.

At least with the daily walks the old man flat assitis is gone and my pants stay up. Down side is the muscle makes me move my gun to a different place.

Man the stuff we butch about. Lol

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    JC Penny used to be high class. Especially sitting next to monkey wards and Sears.

Monkey wards gave me my first store credit card. Then closed a couple months later. Useless bastards. Lol

Tell us you're old without telling us you're old :laughing:

I remember when Wards closed their doors. My old man hit their liquidation sale and picked up some tools and some other stuff. I think he also snagged some pallets from them for something.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    I hear you on that - I have a couple brands of pants that I have settled on and typically Amazon has the best price. Pants, for me are usually what needs "tried before buyed" because I have fat, womanly thighs and wider hips than others. Straight leg pants usually are a no-go. I go for pants with roomier thighs like Dockers, 5.11 Tac Lite Pros, or Propper BDU pants. The Tac Lites are my usual casual pants. Dockers for scenarios that call for non-cargo pants. When its warm I rarely wear pants though, opting for cargo shorts instead. Shorts are easier to get than pants.

For me the problem with shirts is that I've got a wide middle...but I also have wide shoulders and a broad chest, and apparently you're only allowed to have one of those features at a time. I find so many shirts that fit great across my shoulders, then I can't button them across my belly. Or a shirt that's roomy around the middle...but the shoulders are so tight I can't move my arms.

Or my absolute favorite...the shirt that fits perfectly, but the tail barely clears my belt. So apparently I need to be half a foot shorter.

candcallen

Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I hav 2 pr of pants. I only wear long pants if there is snow or ice. If I go somewhere requiring long nb pants then Jean's will have to do.

candcallen

Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Tell us you're old without telling us you're old :laughing:

I remember when Wards closed their doors. My old man hit their liquidation sale and picked up some tools and some other stuff. I think he also snagged some pallets from them for something.
    I'm only 52. Check the age thread. Lol

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    Malls are so 90's...

My avoidance has nothing to do with fearful concern...it has to do with inconvenience and disliking crowds.

Plus, they're noisy as fk...not for me.

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    ....the thread drift is great.

My hunting clothes usually center around a pair of camo overalls. I recently bought a regular pair of Liberty's overalls for a 1940's era shin dig (cheapest way to be period dressed) and they are so comfortable that I am thinking of ways to include them into my daily attire. Only problem is they are very limiting for carry options.

candcallen

Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    11 years older than me, you must've got your first credit card at 16 or 18. Didn't Wards close in 1989?
    18 they were desperate apparently

I think they finally went kaput in the late 90s but the stores around me closed in 89 or 90

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    18 they were desperate apparently

I think they finally went k as put in the late 90s but the stores around me closed in 89 or 90

They got desperate in their death throes. I remember they started selling cellphones in the end. No service plans, mind you, just the equipment. That pissed a lot of people off who thought they were getting a deal. The bad will probably hastened the end.

Top Bottom