• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Texans are like shit. Someone left the gate open watch where you step.

Find me the state with the least amount of people and I'll plan my retirement. People phuck everything up.

Oh, I shut the gate after I came in so dont blame me....but I came thru the north gate and texas is a big place.
    ARJ Defense ad

HKaltwasser

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Well has Trump declared ANTIFA a terrorist organization yet? Amd if he does, would that mean he would have the power to remove them by force with the military? Could they be classified as combatants?
    He has.
    I think it just means he can unleash the full legal power of the US on them. FBI etc....not sure it means a whole lot really, they've been assaulting, destroying, and looting for many years.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    He has.
    I think it just means he can unleash the full legal power of the US on them. FBI etc....not sure it means a whole lot really, they've been assaulting, destroying, and looting for many years.

I agree. But, maybe it will allow them to investigate them, see where the money is coming from and then remove the snakes head from the body. Also it might allow for stiffer penalties if they are prosecuted as well.

Too many times I think if they are arrested, it's usually misdemeanor charges and simple fines. Bringing the hammer down on their heads with felony charges and prison time, might take some wind out of their sails!

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    I agree. But, maybe it will allow them to investigate them, see where the money is coming from and then remove the snakes head from the body. Also it might allow for stiffer penalties if they are prosecuted as well.

Too many times I think if they are arrested, it's usually misdemeanor charges and simple fines. Bringing the hammer down on their heads with felony charges and prison time, might take some wind out of their sails!
    Well now everyone is dropping charges for rioters.

Fishkiller

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 22, 2019
    The Big Town
    Texans are like shit. Someone left the gate open watch where you step.

Find me the state with the least amount of people and I'll plan my retirement. People phuck everything up.

Oh, I shut the gate after I came in so dont blame me....but I came thru the north gate and texas is a big place.
    Try North Dakota, Montana or Alaska not many people in those states. They only get 1 congressman each.

Sasquatch

30 Super Carry Post Whore 2K Champ
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    I'm trying to keep a close eye to this, as this shit is unfolding only about 180 miles north of where I'm at, and good ol' Portland follows Seattle's lead. Rose City Antifa is one of the more militant chapters, and the actions in Seattle may embolden them to attempt a similar action. Portland's white liberal female police chief (appointed to replace their black liberal female police chief who GTFO and took the top cop job in Philly 4 months ago) couldn't handle the criticism of the vocal minority groups because her top command staff happened to be white.

They weren't arguing that those cops were or were not fit for their positions based on their qualifications and experience, they were pissed that there were not "POC" in the top ranks at the moment. So she steps down and named a black male lieutenant as the interim chief, like that sort of bullshit pandering is going to fix anything, and not leave the department in a lurch during a crisis. Portland cannot keep a chief. The average time someone occupies that position is, IIRC about 18 months, going back thru the 60s.

We're in a civil war - its escalating. Governor Jay Insless of Washington has not yet ordered the Washington State Patrol or the Washington National Guard into Seattle to help put an end to the shenanigans, and it is only a matter of time until the President makes good on his "offer" of federalizing the troops and sending them in. Had a debate last night on a different forum with someone who insisted there must be a federal law being violated for the POTUS to invoke the Insurrection Act to use military in a law enforcement role in the US - but the 2007 NDAA extremely broadened the President's authority to act when the governor of a state cannot or will not act to ensure the rights of the citizens are not being violated. Plainly put, he can, and most likely will wind up sending in troopers to retake this "autonomous zone" and people will screeeam and cry.

Lefties are now screaming "states rights" at the notion of this - I read an article on Politico this morning from some alleged DC National Guard members trying to slam the President saying they're horrified by what they saw and were ordered to do RE the protesters outside the white house and St John's church, and they were trying to throw the police under the bus again claiming they were horrified at the use of "tear gas" (turned out the police were using pepper balls to disperse the crowds among whom there had been people throwing shit at police and NG soldiers)

Add to that - the *active duty* Air Force security forces airman (Air Force version of the military police for those not familiar) arrested in connection with the murder of a California deputy sheriff, and they think he's tied to the attack in Oakland - we are seeing the break down of every damn thing.

I'm turning down business in Portland proper at this point because of their penchant for riots, protests, and general violence. I'm this " " close to starting to carry my AR pistol with me in the truck while I'm working because of the escalating craziness.

The real irony is that these ANTIFA / Redneck Revolt / John Brown Gun Club turds in Seattle have set up their own border checkpoints, they're the same loudmouths who decry the US border fence. They've demanded local businesses "disaffiliate" with the city, whatever that means.

Someone must've opened a damn fortune cookie at midnight on January 01 this year that said "may you live in interesting times"

Antares

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2015
    Seabrook, TX
    Is this going to be our future from now on. I hope not, I hope Trump wins the election and wins the House and Senate. If not we are looking at a country radically different then the one we grew up in. We have to turn the tide or the country will die. We have enough enemies China and Russia that are just waiting for the United States to fall toward anarchy, and they will come.

Sasquatch

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    @Sasquatch I've got shit to do today, and I’m not going to argue about it, but take a look at H.R.4986 SEC.1068

HR4986 Sec 1068 said:
    SEC. 1068. REPEAL OF PROVISIONS IN SECTION 1076 OF PUBLIC LAW 109-364
    RELATING TO USE OF ARMED FORCES IN MAJOR PUBLIC EMERGENCIES.

(a) Interference With State and Federal Laws.--
    (1) In general.--Section 333 of title 10, United States
    Code, is amended to read as follows:

``Sec. 333. <<NOTE: President.>> Interference with State and Federal law

``The President, by using the militia or the armed forces, or both,
    or by any other means, shall take such measures as he considers
    necessary to suppress, in a State, any insurrection, domestic violence,
    unlawful combination, or conspiracy, if it--
    ``(1) so hinders the execution of the laws of that State,
    and of the United States within the State, that any part or
    class of its people is deprived of a right, privilege, immunity,
    or protection named in the Constitution and secured by law, and
    the constituted authorities of that State are unable, fail, or
    refuse to protect that right, privilege, or immunity, or to give
    that protection; or
    ``(2) opposes or obstructs the execution of the laws of the
    United States or impedes the course of justice under those laws.

In any situation covered by clause (1), the State shall be considered to
    have denied the equal protection of the laws secured by the
    Constitution.''.
    (2) Proclamation to disperse.--Section 334 of such title is
    amended by striking ``or those obstructing the enforcement of
    the laws'' after ``insurgents''.
    (3) Heading amendment.--The heading of chapter 15 of such
    title is amended to read as follows:

``CHAPTER 15--INSURRECTION''.

(4) Clerical amendments.--

[[Page 122 STAT. 326]]

(A) The table of sections at the beginning of
    chapter 15 of such title is amended by striking the item
    relating to section 333 and inserting the following new
    item:

``333. Interference with State and Federal law.''.

(B) The tables of chapters at the beginning of
    subtitle A of title 10, United States Code, and at the
    beginning of part I of such subtitle, are each amended
    by striking the item relating to chapter 15 and
    inserting the following new item:

``15. Insurrection................................................331''.

(b) Repeal of Section Relating to Provision of Supplies, Services,
    and Equipment.--
    (1) In general.--Section 2567 of title 10, United States
    Code, is repealed.
    (2) Clerical amendment.--The table of sections at the
    beginning of chapter 152 of such title is amended by striking
    the item relating to section 2567.

(c) Conforming Amendment.--Section 12304(c) of such title is amended
    by striking ``Except to perform'' and all that follows through ``this
    section'' and inserting ``No unit or member of a reserve component may
    be ordered to active duty under this section to perform any of the
    functions authorized by chapter 15 or section 12406 of this title or,
    except as provided in subsection (b),''.
    (d) Effective Date.--The amendments made by this section shall take
    effect on the date of the enactment of this Act.

Appears that you're correct and this didn't pop up in my research on amendments to the Insurrection Act - Congress granteth, and Congress taketh away power from the POTUS within a year.

smittyb

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Cut N Shoot
    Agree or disagree with (any)protestors, it is entirely unconstitutional for This or any Other president to call upon the US Military to suppress them.

ETA cause I know someone will call me out: Unless the State requests it, or the state disobeys federal law.

Last edited:

BillFairbanks

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2017
    Johnson County, TX
    Agree or disagree with (any)protestors, it is entirely unconstitutional for This or any Other president to call upon the US Military to suppress them.

ETA cause I know someone will call me out: Unless the State requests it, or the state disobeys federal law.

What about the A-Team?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sasquatch

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia

Its not to suppress protests, its to quell rioting, looting, loss of life, loss of property, and ensure equal protection under the law that the military should be used for. The state governors SHOULD be the ones calling in the guard to do it. Unfortunately on the left coast, all 3 governors who control it are radical lefties who are ideologically in league with those who are burning down buildings, looting, and attacking innocent people.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas

I agree.
    And it cuts both ways - Obama’s use of military drone strikes against Americans falls into this category as well.

But the left had no problem with that...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas

A person could argue that the looters and rioters are violating the rights of the citizens in those communities by depriving them of their life and property. Thus, federal laws could be said are being broken.

I agree with Sasquatch, that the governors are leftist and sympathize with the looters and rioters, so it's very unlikely that they will ask for help from the federal government.

But, something needs to be done. And quickly. It has already gotten way out of hand.

Top Bottom