Capitol Armory ad

APD LT says you should turn in your guns because someone could steal them.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Will

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2012
    Houston
    Austin is the exception to a lot of rules. Its just a little piece of california sitting in Texas.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

kurt

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Tyler, Texas
    Any chance the Lt. is on our side and forced to spout the company line? I use the same strategy with my wife....if I screw something up bad enough (especially in public), she won't make me do it again.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Because political appointee shill chiefs are not the same as the guys who sacrifice allot being on the beat. Don't get me wrong I'm not at all a fan of how militarized our police have become but there are still plenty of guys out there who know and understand our constitution. Just check out Constitutional Sheriffs and Peace Officers Association | CSPOA - Constitutional Sheriffs and Peace Officers Association . Sorry bro we really don't like people who paint with such broad brush strokes.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

^This. Brown-nosers? This forum? I think not. There are plenty of us here, however, that have lots of friends in LE, and have seen first hand how there are a lot of good people in LE, that understand the same things, think the same things, and are just trying to do their part to help improve things in their communities and help people in need. There are always bad apples, always corrupt leadership, and it's ultimately true about all professions, but the whole "us vs them" mentality gets a bit ridiculous. LE are civilians too, for those that might forget that.

effnoldguy

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2012
    North Central Texas
    ^This. Brown-nosers? This forum? I think not. There are plenty of us here, however, that have lots of friends in LE, and have seen first hand how there are a lot of good people in LE, that understand the same things, think the same things, and are just trying to do their part to help improve things in their communities and help people in need. There are always bad apples, always corrupt leadership, and it's ultimately true about all professions, but the whole "us vs them" mentality gets a bit ridiculous. LE are civilians too, for those that might forget that.

I call that a bunch of horse hockey Most of those beating it out on the force got into criminal justice cause they're too stupid to get a degree in anything else. And except for pounding the pavement in a big-ass SUV they don't do a damn thing for their community. Except perhaps get paid to direct traffic for the local churches on Sunday morning. Thanks a lot. And as for a few bad apples, I think we have to hold law enforcers to a higher standard than the average Joe. The top SOB, AG Holder is such a fine example.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    I call that a bunch of horse hockey Most of those beating it out on the force got into criminal justice cause they're too stupid to get a degree in anything else. And except for pounding the pavement in a big-ass SUV they don't do a damn thing for their community. Except perhaps get paid to direct traffic for the local churches on Sunday morning. Thanks a lot. And as for a few bad apples, I think we have to hold law enforcers to a higher standard than the average Joe. The top SOB, AG Holder is such a fine example.

Now I am convinced you are trolling. I know you.

robocop10mm

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    Round Rock
    I would hope the citizens of the City of Austin will complain about this moron. It does not good for someone who lives outside the city to complain. The politicians know we cannot vote for Mayor and City Council.

Good night Oldguy. It's been nice knowing you, NOT!

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    There are plenty of us here, however, that have lots of friends in LE, and have seen first hand how there are a lot of good people in LE, that understand the same things, think the same things, and are just trying to do their part to help improve things in their communities and help people in need. There are always bad apples, always corrupt leadership, and it's ultimately true about all professions, but the whole "us vs them" mentality gets a bit ridiculous. LE are civilians too, for those that might forget that.
    I'm sure there were a lot of German soldiers that just loved their country and wanted to do good back in the late 1930's, too. That's an extreme example, but there's got to be a point where good people need to flat out refuse to work for the corrupt leadership. I understand that you don't really have control over who your boss is, but you don't have to work there either. I've definitely quit jobs over "philosophical differences" before ;)

BTW it's only the corrupt leadership that forget LE are civilians, too.

Top Bottom