APD officers accidentally discharge shotguns

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
Oct 16, 2012
Indianapolis
Wow.

1. They keep their shotguns with a round in the chamber!? And with the safety off?

2. I wonder if this was in their new SUVs? Different routine can cause things like this. Well that and having a round chambered and the safety off and not paying attention.

3. Who knows what the guy at BOTW actually told the reporters but its bad info for people to hear "you can see the bright follower...only way for it to go off is to pull the trigger with your finger"

4. I wonder how many concealed carriers in Austin have had AD/ND in public?

5. I bet that was loud and thank God no one got hurt.

SMH @APD

Maybe they need to go with the Barney Fife bullet in the pocket technique?0

Younggun

Ginger Avenger
TGT Supporter
Admin
Jul 31, 2011
hill co.
Wow.

1. They keep their shotguns with a round in the chamber!? And with the safety off?

2. I wonder if this was in their new SUVs? Different routine can cause things like this. Well that and having a round chambered and the safety off and not paying attention.

3. Who knows what the guy at BOTW actually told the reporters but its bad info for people to hear "you can see the bright follower...only way for it to go off is to pull the trigger with your finger"

4. I wonder how many concealed carriers in Austin have had AD/ND in public?

5. I bet that was loud and thank God no one got hurt.

SMH @APD

Maybe they need to go with the Barney Fife bullet in the pocket technique?0
Yup, this is almost like saying "if you don't have a mag in it, it's a good indication that it's not loaded".

Bad advise, but as you said, the paper could very well have left things out.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
Oct 16, 2012
Indianapolis
You know what. In the interest of public safety im going to contact the author of this news article and ask them to ad some disclaimer or warning. If they go full libtard dont blame me

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
Aug 27, 2009
San Antonio!
What do they want, the officers to carry unloaded weapons?

I don't know what new SUV the APD is getting, I suspect it's the Ford Interceptor similar to what the SAPD have. I can tell you that the equipment being put in them is cannibalized from old patrol vehicles, not new so the set-up while slightly different due to the vehicle should still be close enough that the same procedures are used.

Most likely they simply brain-farted and didn't keep their fingers off the trigger when loading them into the rack. If the results were a one-day suspension and a disciplinary memo, then they got off cheap!

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
silencers
third coast
DK Firearms
Tyrant Designs
Ranier
Drockton Bullion

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members