Patriot Mobile

Apr 2nd & 3rd SAXET Gun Show on Saturday or Sunday, anyone going ? ? ?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KaliJuan

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 21, 2010
    San Antonio
    Just checking to see if any of my TGT Brethren will be at the SAXET show this weekend?

I plan on going to get some ammo from Alamo Ammo and possibly check in with Scott from Bullitproof Arms, I know that most SAXET show vendors don't stock a lot of Kalashnikovs but I still show support for local shows.

Hope to see a few of you there :)

Take Care

- J
    Venture Surplus ad

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I dunno if we're gonna go to the show, especially considering that we just went to one last weekend. Most of the vendors were at the SA show and I doubt they'll have any more than they had there. Plus, with a smaller show, prices probably won't be as competitive. Lastly, there's a chance I'll be picking up a Romanian AK later this week and I am already "gun broke" so that'll only make me more so.

There's the possibility that I'll wake up on Saturday morning and have a change of heart, but for now chances are not great we'll be there!

Cheers! M2

KaliJuan

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 21, 2010
    San Antonio
    Well I met up with M2, his son and a friend of theirs at SAXET today, we had breakfast at IHOP, and then proceeded in to the show, there was more AK stuff to our surprise, talked to my buddy Scott from Bullitproof Arms and he will be having a store front in Buda Texas set to open around the 1st of May. But meeting Mike was definitely an Honor, he and his son were totally good people and we have to get more of us TGTers together again soon.

Take Care Bros !!!

- J

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    KaliJuan

I meant to post earlier, it was a pleasure meeting up with ya today and we had the most fun at a show than we've had in a long time!

My son and I really enjoyed your company and meeting Scott, I hope the folks up in Austin realize what a great gun shop they're gonna have nearby in Buda! Heck, I think we'll be driving up one of these weeks soon but I'll be honest and admit I'm afraid I'd part with a lot of my money there! He's got some great rifles and excellent deals on them, I think Bullitproof Arms has a bright future ahead of it!

We're already looking forward to next month's show, but it will be tough to top the one this weekend! I hope you can make it again, and maybe some other folks on here; and we'll have to get another TGT range day going soon as well!

Cheers! M2

lalonguecarabine

A legend in my own mind!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Houston
    A TGT range day sounds exciting. But what's really got me excited is that new gunstore that's gonna be in Buda!
    There go my paychecks!

Big J

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2010
    Karnes City Texas
    I went today. Sold my Springfield to a nice guy. Bought a Walther P22 from an indivdual that I had been chasing since I saw is forsale sign taped to his chest. LOL. Lost him in the crowd and found him almost a hr later. Also bought some Magpul mags and a DPMS LR-308 LPK. Also does anyone know the story about that pissed of vendor? He was yelling up and down the the lanes that someone stole something. It was a good show for me. :)

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Didn't see the pissed vendor, but it was also a good show to me. For one, KaliJuan was nice enough to give me a bunch of extra WASR items he had (thanks again, Juan!). Then one of favorite vendors had some AK bayonets after being out of them for a couple of months. I picked up an early East German one (I think). Then I saw he had some slings and he gave me a great deal on three of them. I later found a cleaning rod for my 10/63, and a Polish bakelit bayonet.

It took us a while to get through the entire floor (as Juan will attest! ) but I was surprised to see more AK stuff than usual. This made two great shows in the matter of a week, and to think I was about ready to skip a show or two because they were getting boring!

By the way, the guy I bought the SAR-1 from last month had a .50 BMG sniper rifle that he kept dropping the price on for me! It was still more than what I could sneak by the wife, but I will admit, it was tempting!

By chance did anyone else see the old guy with the built PSL that had the SVD-looking furniture on it? I was really tempted by that one, he started at $1200 but I think he would've dropped down quite a bit as it had no scope. He kept telling me how it was "military grade" and it looked like it hadn't had a round down the pipe yet. It was a beautiful rifle but more than I could afford this morning; but I am thinking passing on it will come back to haunt me down the road...

Cheers! M2

KaliJuan

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 21, 2010
    San Antonio
    Also does anyone know the story about that pissed of vendor? He was yelling up and down the the lanes that someone stole something. It was a good show for me. :)
    Was he a little dark haired feller ? Cause I think I know who you're talking about, one of the vendor dudes early in the morning before the show opened had a serious case of the A$$ against one of his coworkers, I saw him this morning when I was parked in the lot waiting for M2, not sure what the deal was, other than maybe his blood pressure meds had stopped working :)

Today was indeed a good show day, made some new awesome friends, got some cool stuff, and am glad to see that Scott is gonna be opening a shop in Buda soon :)

Guys, we should definitely entertain an TGT range day. A couple of years ago, I had organized a gathering with some of my buds for what I called then The Texas Testosterone Festival: Guns, BBQ, and Brotherhood. Buddies of mine from Royce City, Waco, Pflugerville and Temple all met in Austin and from there we drove out to Lockhart to get some awesome BBQ and then over to Lone Star Range for some shooting. Unfortunately, some state MMA promoter got the name copyrighted before I could think of it, oh well anyway, we had an Awesome time.

Perhaps us here in the Alamo city area can all meet somewhere, head to one of the local ranges (Bullethole has private bays) and then we either hit one of our local BBQ establishments or one of us hosts an Eat n Greet at one of our houses.

Gimme some feedback and let's see if we can make this happen :)

Take Care Bros

- J

KaliJuan

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 21, 2010
    San Antonio
    Didn't see the pissed vendor, but it was also a good show to me. For one, KaliJuan was nice enough to give me a bunch of extra WASR items he had (thanks again, Juan!). Then one of favorite vendors had some AK bayonets after being out of them for a couple of months. I picked up an early East German one (I think). Then I saw he had some slings and he gave me a great deal on three of them. I later found a cleaning rod for my 10/63, and a Polish bakelit bayonet.

It took us a while to get through the entire floor (as Juan will attest! ) but I was surprised to see more AK stuff than usual. This made two great shows in the matter of a week, and to think I was about ready to skip a show or two because they were getting boring!

By the way, the guy I bought the SAR-1 from last month had a .50 BMG sniper rifle that he kept dropping the price on for me! It was still more than what I could sneak by the wife, but I will admit, it was tempting!

By chance did anyone else see the old guy with the built PSL that had the SVD-looking furniture on it? I was really tempted by that one, he started at $1200 but I think he would've dropped down quite a bit as it had no scope. He kept telling me how it was "military grade" and it looked like it hadn't had a round down the pipe yet. It was a beautiful rifle but more than I could afford this morning; but I am thinking passing on it will come back to haunt me down the road...

Cheers! M2

You are more than welcome Brother, most gun owners I have met are a rare breed so when I meet good people, I do my best to pass on good karma :) And yeah, I was gonna start telling you NO on the 50 cal :P

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    PFChardin

Would've been nice to have ya there, it's been a couple of months since we last saw ya at a show!

You might try contacting Alex at Dreadnaught Industries, tell him I sent ya. He might be able to get you a good deal on what you need...

Cheers! M2

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Hey KaliJuan!

Ya know those cool gloves I bought real cheap? Now I know why they were such a low price! Once I got home and looked a little closer at them, they are both for the left hand!

I'm gonna take them back next month to see if they've got the two righthand ones!

Cheers! M2

KaliJuan

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 21, 2010
    San Antonio
    Hey KaliJuan!

Ya know those cool gloves I bought real cheap? Now I know why they were such a low price! Once I got home and looked a little closer at them, they are both for the left hand!

I'm gonna take them back next month to see if they've got the two righthand ones!

Cheers! M2

They're tactical Oven Mitts now :)

LOL!!!

Top Bottom