• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rebel

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 20, 2014
    Probably micro-managing at this point, but do we want a designated time for people that want to sell/barter? A lot of people bring stuff, a few inevitably miss whomever they are buying from/selling to.
    ARJ Defense ad

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Probably micro-managing at this point, but do we want a designated time for people that want to sell/barter? A lot of people bring stuff, a few inevitably miss whomever they are buying from/selling to.
    It would be nice but people come and go so much it may not work across the board. We can try though.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Those with pre arranged deals usually work it out with not issue.

Those wanting to browse may benefit.

Sent from my HAL 9000

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    Not that I know of. I just figured it'd get us out of the way of any non-tgt shooters since we can't always rely on them to be smart about things.

Sent from Command Central

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    2 April 2016 Hicksville Plan of Events

7 - 11 am : Arrivals/meet and greet/shoot a few guns
    I've had a couple of requests to bring rifle-caliber pistols to this gathering. Last time I did so, I managed to miss half the people that wanted to shoot them. So that nobody misses out this time, let me be explicit; I'll have a .35 Remington pistol and a .30-30 Winchester pistol in the paper target area at the far right of the firing line from 7am to 11am. I'm bringing about 50 rounds for each so we could run out of ammo. Come on down early and help me make some really loud noises before I put 'em away for the day. :)

I won't be bringing these pistols in October. That'll be a time for other, more interesting and/or more powerful pistols that I haven't brought before.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Firing commences @ 07:00hrs?
    There are always a few people who arrive while it's still dark and get signed up and paid up before the sun rises. I can recall a time or two when the first shot went off while the light was still so dim that target visibility was quite poor. Of course, those first shots tend to be on the steel at the pistol range and, frankly, you don't need much light to hit the full-size silhouette.

tl;dr - Yeah, probably.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    There are always a few people who arrive while it's still dark and get signed up and paid up before the sun rises. I can recall a time or two when the first shot went off while the light was still so dim that target visibility was quite poor. Of course, those first shots tend to be on the steel at the pistol range and, frankly, you don't need much light to hit the full-size silhouette.

tl;dr - Yeah, probably.

Alrighty. Will bring the flamethrower for early morning daylight. LoL

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I'm planning to have the .50 on the rifle line from 9-11. Maybe after lunch also but no guarantees.

Sent from my HAL 9000

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I'm planning to have the .50 on the rifle line from 9-11. Maybe after lunch also but no guarantees.

Sent from my HAL 9000
    I will probably try to match that with my .338 and AR10. Give people a chance to shoot them but not have to be stuck at the rifle area all day.

duckknot

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2013
    Leander, TX

Sent from my HAL 9000
    I'd love to take a gander at that!

Haven't had a chance to pick up ammo this year, what you want in trade for a round.....or 7?

Sent from...wait where am I!?

Top Bottom