• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    Anyone know where I can get a decent ambidextrous charging handle for an AR 15 in the $35-$40 price range? The AXTS Raptor is running around $85 and the BCM Mod A44 at around $70. I've got a feeling most of the price is for the name.

There are probably clones out there for half that, but I can't seem to find them.
    Gun Zone Deals

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    If it is made in the U.S., you may have found something good.

I know a ton of gun related parts are hideously over priced, so perhaps this is a mfg. that recognizes that the market is ready for more reasonable costs, maybe.

Mikewood

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Houston
    Interesting. I thought all AR15 charging handles were ambidextrous. I mean you can grab it with index and middle fingers of your left hand just as well as your right hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    Interesting. I thought all AR15 charging handles were ambidextrous. I mean you can grab it with index and middle fingers of your left hand just as well as your right hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

That's usually how I do it anyway. I'm not even a lefty. I just like the larger "wings". Makes it easier to grab, especially with gloves.

BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    That there exists a $70-85 charging handle just blows my mind. The only incident I know of personally of one failing involved a neophyte neglecting to lock it forward after chambering the round. I hear you can also pay $200+ for an AR hand guard. Unbelievable!

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    That there exists a $70-85 charging handle just blows my mind. The only incident I know of personally of one failing involved a neophyte neglecting to lock it forward after chambering the round. I hear you can also pay $200+ for an AR hand guard. Unbelievable!

Totally agree. Makes no sense to me at all.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!

You're right on the money! (pun intended). Those stamped out aluminum parts, and "blown" into a mold plastic parts cost only pennies to make (not counting all the graft, licensing, payolla, etc., etc.)

Last edited:
    Top Bottom