• SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    Heck, the 1-6 or 1-8 optics are great do it all optics, expecially if you add the Dueck Defense RTS offset sights for BUIS.

The EOTECH has two issues:
    1. Battery life sucks ass!
    2. I know of one officer who never got his EOTECH turned on during a gunfight. This isn't a problem with teh 5 year AIMPOINT battery. Just leave it on all the time. Also, the AIMPOINT switch is a gross motor skill, hit it and roll it with the palm of your hand - works in the middle of a gun fight. try finding the EOTECH buttons to turn it on when someone is shooting at you . . . . . not gonna happen.

cleric

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    DFW
    What are you going to be shooting?

The eotech typically uses a circle and dot which is more suited for closer ranges

The aimpoint typically uses a single dot which is more suited for longer ranges

Both of these have no magnification, however each make a 3X that you can add on

Trijicon makes a nice scope that is a 4x magnification and some have red dots on top

Nikon et al make longer magnification 1-8, 4-12, etc. This is good for more precision shooting

The brands I mentioned are generally regarded as the best, and you got to pay for the it

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    You can always slap a half inch riser and put your scope on it.

But I'm saving up for an Aimpoint. : )

tussery

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    Corpus Christi
    The eotech typically uses a circle and dot which is more suited for closer ranges
    Technically the EOTech is the best of both worlds as the center dot is smaller than even a 2MOA Aimpoint dot. Put the EOTech in front of a magnifier and the dot won't change size even under 3x. A 2MOA aimpoint dot still covers 2MOA at 100 yards whether magnified of not. An EOTech will actually cover less under magnification.

richardnorton

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2011
    Trent, TX
    I have also searched high and low myself, I finally settled on the Trijicon ACOG (Advanced Combat Optical Gunsight), 4X scope, decent eye relief and small enough you can do a quick sight over the top for up close shots, and it has a mil dot sort of feature that allows you to just move the cross hairs to a different range. And the thing uses NO battery at all. If you like you can easiely mount a doctor sight on top of the ACOG for CQB and the doctor sight does use a battery.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    Acog look good. Now if they didn't cost over three times as much as either an aimpoiint or eotech

Top Bottom