• SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    Heck, the 1-6 or 1-8 optics are great do it all optics, expecially if you add the Dueck Defense RTS offset sights for BUIS.

The EOTECH has two issues:
    1. Battery life sucks ass!
    2. I know of one officer who never got his EOTECH turned on during a gunfight. This isn't a problem with teh 5 year AIMPOINT battery. Just leave it on all the time. Also, the AIMPOINT switch is a gross motor skill, hit it and roll it with the palm of your hand - works in the middle of a gun fight. try finding the EOTECH buttons to turn it on when someone is shooting at you . . . . . not gonna happen.

cleric

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    DFW
    What are you going to be shooting?

The eotech typically uses a circle and dot which is more suited for closer ranges

The aimpoint typically uses a single dot which is more suited for longer ranges

Both of these have no magnification, however each make a 3X that you can add on

Trijicon makes a nice scope that is a 4x magnification and some have red dots on top

Nikon et al make longer magnification 1-8, 4-12, etc. This is good for more precision shooting

The brands I mentioned are generally regarded as the best, and you got to pay for the it

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    You can always slap a half inch riser and put your scope on it.

But I'm saving up for an Aimpoint. : )

tussery

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    Corpus Christi
    The eotech typically uses a circle and dot which is more suited for closer ranges
    Technically the EOTech is the best of both worlds as the center dot is smaller than even a 2MOA Aimpoint dot. Put the EOTech in front of a magnifier and the dot won't change size even under 3x. A 2MOA aimpoint dot still covers 2MOA at 100 yards whether magnified of not. An EOTech will actually cover less under magnification.

richardnorton

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2011
    Trent, TX
    I have also searched high and low myself, I finally settled on the Trijicon ACOG (Advanced Combat Optical Gunsight), 4X scope, decent eye relief and small enough you can do a quick sight over the top for up close shots, and it has a mil dot sort of feature that allows you to just move the cross hairs to a different range. And the thing uses NO battery at all. If you like you can easiely mount a doctor sight on top of the ACOG for CQB and the doctor sight does use a battery.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    Acog look good. Now if they didn't cost over three times as much as either an aimpoiint or eotech

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rod99
    Top Bottom