Military Camp

Ar15.com Bans Confessed Marijuana Users.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GlockOwner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Dallas (Oak Cliff)
    I'm all for legalization and state rights, still...I get why they threw them off the site. It's illegal Federally. If someone was posting about their home made suppressor Id expect the same reaction.

It's probably a bad idea for some who's breaking the law to post about it online.

It's probably a bad idea for a site used as a business to be associated with any illegality as well.

Pulling the IDs protects both the business and the posters themselves.

well that makes sense then
    Lynx Defense

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    AR15.com is a buisness. They start loosing sponsors and customers, they MAY change their minds. I personally find that website annoying. Yes, I am a registered user.

Possibly... However being that most of their business is from legal businesses i dont think its gon a hurt them. Im also a registered user there not sure since when. Im guessing around 2001, but i have less than 30 posts and i usually only login to sell things i cant sell here since they have a bigger audience.

Anger

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    Washington MI (glorious in summer)
    Possibly... However being that most of their business is from legal businesses i dont think its gon a hurt them. Im also a registered user there not sure since when. Im guessing around 2001, but i have less than 30 posts and i usually only login to sell things i cant sell here since they have a bigger audience.

ya I agree with your opinion. I only registered for a couple reasons, probably less than a dozen posts. Way too annoying and large a website. Search engine stinks.

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    ya I agree with your opinion. I only registered for a couple reasons, probably less than a dozen posts. Way too annoying and large a website. Search engine stinks.

Totally agree on the search engine. Its close to worthless and i believe you have to pay for a better search engine. Also, while forums and sub forums are clearly marked and listed its still flooded and hard to navigate.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    All I will say is this. A lot of people here (not necessarily anyone posting in this thread, but speaking generally and about the firearms community as a whole) really have no clue at how the internet works. Perfect example. In 2012 or early 2013, a reporter for a local newspaper actually quoted a post that a TGT forum member made on some subject. I don't remember what exactly, but I'm pretty sure it was related to gun control, a new proposed AWB, etc. Think about that one for a bit. Especially think about that in the context of the absolutely stupid sh*t people post on here sometimes when yet another Obama hate thread gets started. It does absolutely nothing to make us look at all rational or draw more people over to our side. Hell, some reporter might even quote this post some day.

We really need to stop and consider the info and general message we are putting out there for the public. People posting about pot usage and other illegal stuff are just asking for trouble, and it's understandable for a site owner, especially people that have built substantial sites like Arfcom, to want to disassociate with those types of people. People posting dumb sh*t like that will only result in unwanted attention from the wrong people, potentially becoming a serious issue for sites people may have sunk tens of thousands or hundreds of thousands of dollars and thousands of man hours into building. Go walk into a gun store and try talking with customers about illegal F/A conversions, and see how quickly the owner kicks you the hell out. Same principle.

People need to learn the power of Google site search:

site:ar15.com

Copy/paste that into Google. Thank me later for never having to use Arfcom's search again.

Add a space and any search query after the ar15.com

Ex - site:ar15.com wts noveske kx3 or

site:ar15.com "exact thread title I'm looking for"
    (parentheses searches for the exact phrase)

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    I use site:url a lot. I learned it years ago, theres also commands to only poll images and also one to query only specific file extentions. Comes in handy when trying to find something specific on anything.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    haha.jpg

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    alcohol isn't illegal according to the Feds so your argument is invalid
    argument-is-invalid-meme-43.jpg

Last edited:

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    arfcom is a zoo.. I was on there for a few years. Got tired of the piling on piranha ripping flesh off of people like tends to happen over there.

lots of good technical info, but GD forum can just be awful at times.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Not to add fuel to the fire, but this morning statistics....

There are currently 706 users online. 191 members and 515 guests

and I'm sure we've all seen the numbers higher than that..point being, there are readers of this forum in all States, not just Texas and the number of user/members is much smaller than the "guests".

I know of a gentleman on a site I've been on for 12 years. He was asked under oath about posts he made years earlier on that site during a law suit that were totally unrelated to the law suit. What you post can come back to haunt you.

dustycorgill

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Garland, Texas
    All I will say is this. A lot of people here (not necessarily anyone posting in this thread, but speaking generally and about the firearms community as a whole) really have no clue at how the internet works. Perfect example. In 2012 or early 2013, a reporter for a local newspaper actually quoted a post that a TGT forum member made on some subject. I don't remember what exactly, but I'm pretty sure it was related to gun control, a new proposed AWB, etc. Think about that one for a bit. Especially think about that in the context of the absolutely stupid sh*t people post on here sometimes when yet another Obama hate thread gets started. It does absolutely nothing to make us look at all rational or draw more people over to our side. Hell, some reporter might even quote this post some day.

We really need to stop and consider the info and general message we are putting out there for the public. People posting about pot usage and other illegal stuff are just asking for trouble, and it's understandable for a site owner, especially people that have built substantial sites like Arfcom, to want to disassociate with those types of people. People posting dumb sh*t like that will only result in unwanted attention from the wrong people, potentially becoming a serious issue for sites people may have sunk tens of thousands or hundreds of thousands of dollars and thousands of man hours into building. Go walk into a gun store and try talking with customers about illegal F/A conversions, and see how quickly the owner kicks you the hell out. Same principle.

People need to learn the power of Google site search:

site:ar15.com

Copy/paste that into Google. Thank me later for never having to use Arfcom's search again.

Add a space and any search query after the ar15.com

Ex - site:ar15.com wts noveske kx3 or

site:ar15.com "exact thread title I'm looking for"
    (parentheses searches for the exact phrase)

I am a bit old fashioned, so I have to agree with what Travis pointed out here. We do, and I say we because I have been guilty of it as well, say some things on here at times without thinking about the fact that other folks can see what we post. I know, I get upset at things and might post about it and when I post something I may say something just out of pure frustration and yes sometimes because it makes me angry. But I think Travis has a point in the fact that we do need to be aware that what we say and post reflects on us as individuals. I am in no way saying that we back down, or compromise on our beliefs because I am not willing to compromise on the Constitution and the rights that it protects that were given to me by God Almighty. However we can choose to voice it a little differently.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Especially think about that in the context of the absolutely stupid sh*t people post on here sometimes when yet another Obama hate thread gets started. It does absolutely nothing to make us look at all rational or draw more people over to our side. Hell, some reporter might even quote this post some day.

We really need to stop and consider the info and general message we are putting out there for the public.

Id love to hear more about this...

Top Bottom