• ...and so much more!
  • TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    I like the site we have here. But so many folks complain about the moderating and other members here, it would be nice to have a section of the site where you guys take care of that stuff yourself without following around members from thread to thread insulting them. Too many of our threads get derailed and then locked because 2 keyboard commandos want to go after each other. I want to see folks gamble their membership on whether they should be allowed to act like assholes. I think we'd have less issues here.

Every firearm forum I have ever joined and watched grow has gone through the exact same problems with the small number of members that have special problems. The ONLY factor that makes or breaks the success of that forum is the moderating. I have watched them implode and go away. I have watched the special" members overrule the forum(s) and become stagnant. I have watched fair and forceful moderation where the forum(s) grow and the place is fun.

Obviously moderating a forum is not easy, not fun, not paid well lol. There is rampant disrespect and on most occasions the moderators go nuts or unleash an unreasonable and seemly random enforcement policy. The forums that I have seen become successful are the ones that weed out those "special" members and give them a permaban. Especially when they plays little tricks such as donating $20 to be a supporting member as if that is some golden pass to be an ass. I watched a very popular and extremely fast growing firearms forums go to crap when the "special" members (just a handful) took control and buried conversations with their obsession of leftist politics and were hellbent on chasing around anyone that disagreed with them. They were accompanied by the "Know it all's" who were in nearly every ... single ... thread.... :rolleyes: posting unsolicited advice in the most condescending way.

Been reading through many forums for nearly 25 years and TGT is one of the best. The problems here are easy to see and should be easy to clean up.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    If you don't like another forum. don't go there. No need to go to other forums to bitch about the behavior at the first form.

And with deference to the OP, we are only hearing YOUR side of the story. But the fact that you came here to complain makes me question your validity.

I think that most of the original members here were recruited off AR15. People didn't mind the forum then. And in disclosure, I am a paying member there.

atticus finch

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2013
    Every firearm forum I have ever joined and watched grow has gone through the exact same problems with the small number of members that have special problems. The ONLY factor that makes or breaks the success of that forum is the moderating. I have watched them implode and go away. I have watched the special" members overrule the forum(s) and become stagnant. I have watched fair and forceful moderation where the forum(s) grow and the place is fun.

Obviously moderating a forum is not easy, not fun, not paid well lol. There is rampant disrespect and on most occasions the moderators go nuts or unleash an unreasonable and seemly random enforcement policy. The forums that I have seen become successful are the ones that weed out those "special" members and give them a permaban. Especially when they plays little tricks such as donating $20 to be a supporting member as if that is some golden pass to be an ass. I watched a very popular and extremely fast growing firearms forums go to crap when the "special" members (just a handful) took control and buried conversations with their obsession of leftist politics and were hellbent on chasing around anyone that disagreed with them. They were accompanied by the "Know it all's" who were in nearly every ... single ... thread.... :rolleyes: posting unsolicited advice in the most condescending way.

Been reading through many forums for nearly 25 years and TGT is one of the best. The problems here are easy to see and should be easy to clean up.

Concur, seen it more than once. Not just leftist ideology either, inherently immature individuals who have no concept of treating others as they wish or demand to be treated.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    I got banned from GD.

My IQ has gone up so fast I am pretty close to figuring out a cure for cancer as I type.

If you don't like another forum. don't go there. No need to go to other forums to bitch about the behavior at the first form.

This. As any site grows in numbers, so do the number of douche-bags using it. Deal with it.

They have rules and if you do not like them, go somewhere else. It is a hi-volume site, they cannot hold your hand. The EE is mess, as rules violations occur often, modding it is a F/T job.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom