• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Unless I need something specific, I try to avoid forums dedicated to a specific gun type, manufacturer, etc (ar15.com, GlockTalk, et al), mostly because a lot of the regulars tend to be serious a**nozzles if you don't conform to the prevailing opinion.
    For the most part you're right, but sigforum is pretty decent.

I'm a member on quite a few different forums, but there's a reason I'm on here nearly everyday and only rarely check the other forums.
    Lynx Defense

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    I use to post on AR15, but stopped quick. It's full of major prick assholes. Ive never seen a site who's members are so full of themselves outside of AR15.

If you don't have a huge post count, you're treated like a dumbass. Don't ask a question. Cause if it's been answered, even in a three year old thread, youll get flamed.

Im surprised people even join that site.

GeeJ

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2012
    Lake Jackson
    AR15.com:
    With no email other than anonymous email, I have been trying to find a way to join but at this point I think I will heed the preaching given to the choir and avoid them at all costs.

XDTalk:
    For the most part, this group has been very helpful knowledgeable with only a few half clipped turds. No matter where you go you will always find people like that. This group though, seems pretty good to me.

TheFiringLine:
    Generally speaking, on the larger groups, I tend to be more reserved and less interactive since you really don't know what kind of response you will get. I will say this though, the Admin (or one of) Al Norris, is truly a solid, stand up, genuinely helpful, and all around cool cat. With having been a new guy and 0 posts, he green-lit and stickied my post to make available a PDF template I put together that automates the letter writing process to our US legislators so as to facilitate greater activism from those who don't normally write......all with 0 post under my belt. Pretty damn cool of him.

DefensiveCarry:
    Also another solid group, however, you have to think about what your posting because it's not just a hobby forum; given the nature of the topic. Admitting to something reckless and life threatening might get you publicly flogged. If you do carry I recommend you check them out because they do have good information.

RifleCompetionForum:
    For anyone interested and competition rifle aspects, you might check out this forum out. The admin is very knowledgeable, very helpful, and very friendly. Don't expect a lot of posting though. It's just been started and doesn't have very many members.

SnipersHide:
    For the last month I have been very seriously researching long range precision rifles. I am still several months from having the means to make any purchases but I've been very close to joining this forum. Some of their posts show hints of being like AR15. They DEFINITELY seem to know their business and is an excellent source for information, but I am short of terrified to ask a question that is previously been covered and could not find for fear of being skinned alive :-P At the moment, I'm just going to hover and get is much information as I can without interacting.

TGT:
    Indicative of all that is Texan. I need not say more :-)

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    I've lurked several forums over the years but only actually participated in 4 (one non firearm related) I've only been a member here since May 15th of this year and obviously have been active. I can say that TGT surprised the hell out of me as I only lurked for a little while before I joined up as a member I immediately felt welcomed and though there was good natured ribbing going on I didn't feel out of place at all like in some other forums. I love how diverse this group is and how welcoming we are to each other, I think going to a range day and meeting some people in person solidified my spot here and I'd be hard pressed to find another group or forum that I felt so strongly about. I already commented on the OP but just wanted to give TGT some props, sold a guy a scope at work and got into a good conversation with him and talked about possibly going shooting together, told him about TGT and wrote down the address and my screen name as well as my real name for him so hopefully he'll stop through. Never ceases to amaze me how people from very different walks of life can all come together with a common interest.

Langenator

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    College Station
    Yeppirs - been there 'bout 4 years so far....don't post all that often, though. Prefer the local flavor of TGT.....

I stopped reading THR during that dispute between Oleg and the other guy over who owned it. Now it's mostly a time constraint thing - there's more forums than I have time to read them.

I will say that if you're into 'practical' type competition shooting - IDPA, USPSA, 3-gun - BrianEnos.com is great.

atticus finch

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2013
    I like arf.com for what it is. Personally I wish TGT had the "Trial By Combat" feature b/c there are a few folks I'd love to see bet their membership on the shit they do around here. Judging by some of the people I talk with locally, I'd guess that would catch on quite well. But, it does add another element of drama on the list. And quite frankly, we need all the members we can get, so I guess we have to tolerate a few of these people that would be ideal candidates for a "trial by combat" scenario.

For those of you who don't know what that is, Arf.com has a "Pit" section where they allow members to air their differences with other members. If the parties agree to trial by combat, then the "loser" of the pit thread gets a ban. It's a great way to get shit stirrers to put their membership where their mouth is.

How is the combat conducted and the winner determined?

This would be a good thing to add to this forum. I have noticed there are people on this forum who deserve to be treated the same way they treat others.

Rebel

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 20, 2014
    How did ar15.com get the nickname arfcom?

ar15.com is the 4chan of the gun world.

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    3 year old thread brought back to life.

I left that bat crap crazy site 4 years ago.
    mostly a bunch of people who talk guns and never shoot them, the rest of them are working out of their mom's basements
    this is what I imagine those people look like

fat_hairy_guy_on_bed_with_guns.jpg

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    I like the site we have here. But so many folks complain about the moderating and other members here, it would be nice to have a section of the site where you guys take care of that stuff yourself without following around members from thread to thread insulting them. Too many of our threads get derailed and then locked because 2 keyboard commandos want to go after each other. I want to see folks gamble their membership on whether they should be allowed to act like assholes. I think we'd have less issues here.

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    Yeah. I think having a place where members can attempt to resolve their own issues is good. That's why I say you guys. We generally don't have any issues with females here. Lol.

Top Bottom